Photo

Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta)

Vuduo2 Wiriless İpk Taz

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 csknzdmr

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2016 - 11:53

Hi

I have vuduo2 device. I installed the OpenPli 4.0 Beta. But I can't find the wirelss access point ipk application. How can I find it? Becasuse it is important for me. That's how  I use wireless internet.

Edited by csknzdmr, 7 April 2016 - 11:54.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2016 - 12:21

To turn your Duo2 into a wireless accesspoint? Afaik that does not exist.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #3 csknzdmr

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2016 - 13:19

Why?

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #4 csknzdmr

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 7 April 2016 - 13:43

Will it be aded? Or can you give a seperate ipk?

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 April 2016 - 13:48

Didn't even know it existed. Wireless support is flaky at it's best, and you can buy a real accesspoint for a handful of coins, probably even cheaper than a USB wifi stick. So I don't really see the point.

But if you can point us to the source, we can have a look.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #6 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 8 April 2016 - 16:37

Hi,

the plugin is directly from VU so I think it is also on their GIT. It works quite well. For other receiver beside Duo2 special usb sticks must be used. If you have a cable in another room for the Duo2 it is a simple method to get an AP in this room.

ciao

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 8 April 2016 - 16:54

It did a little digging.

They use "hostapd", and a small plugin inside their enigma build to configure it. It seems to be tailored towards their own wifi solution, so I expect those "special" sticks are simply sticks with the same chipset.

But unfortunately, their license states:

3 The 'enigma2 core' contains all files in this sourcetree except plugins in
   4 lib/python/Plugins which carry their own LICENSE file. Those plugins are
   5 licensed under their own license.
   7 This proprietary license does not allow you to compile, modify or do
   8 anything with this sources. You are allowed, however, to distribute
   9 an unmodified version of the sources, including all license statements.

So even if we wanted too, we can't use it.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #8 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 8 April 2016 - 20:42

hostapd comes with BSD license. The plugin could be re-implemented if needed. However, I still don't find a real use out of it.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 9 April 2016 - 10:39

I agree. Especially since you can pick up a real AP for about a euro on eBay.

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #10 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 16 April 2016 - 21:53

@csknzdmr I have built an OpenPli image for Solo4K as a router, to test the wifi / hardware as a router capability, it's work quite well :) , but it was required to recompile the kernel in order to achieve that, but just for AP this is not necessarily, however hostapd and bridge-utils apps are required.

Your Duo2 had with the original image the AP plugin?

If so you can try to install the plugin from their repo, you can test this by installing the latest image on your VU and see if it have that, if so copy /etc/opkg folder on your hard disk, or an usb device, also do an "opkg list-installed > vu-packages.txt" and copy the resulted file as well on the same drive as previous folder.
Install your preferred image and start download your plugins

From opkg folder previously saved you can take the web URLS to download packages, probably you will have few urls as those ones
h**p://code.vuplus.com/packages/openvuplus/3.0.0/vuplus/feeds/stable/vuduo2
h**p://code.vuplus.com/packages/openvuplus/3.0.0/vuplus/feeds/stable/all
h**p://code.vuplus.com/packages/openvuplus/3.0.0/vuplus/feeds/stable/mips32el

You will need to go through all files and take all URLS, and at the end of those URLs you need to add /Packages.gz for example the resulted URL will be alike that
h**p://code.vuplus.com/packages/openvuplus/3.0.0/vuplus/feeds/stable/vuduo2/Packages.gz

After that, you will need to download all Packages.gz files from all urs and decompress them in text files, search in those text files for your plugin name, you can find the plugin name in the previous exported installed packages list "vu-packages.txt".
If you find your package you can download the package from it's own URL, in our case le see we want enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-tpmdemo package "ipk" file, search for this in decompressed Packages.gz file for enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-tpmdemo and will see something like this

Package: enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-tpmdemo
Version: experimental-git20121128-r134-bsp5
Depends: enigma2
Section: base
Architecture: vuduo2
Maintainer: vuplus team
MD5Sum: b0f0ee898e6b6396cd4e8c574ad7037c
Size: 4448
Filename: enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-tpmdemo_experimental-git20121128-r134-bsp5_vuduo2.ipk
Source: git://code.vuplus.com/git/dvbapp.git;protocol=http;branch=vuplus_experimental;rev= file://enigma2_vuplus_skin.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_mediaplayer.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_remove_dreambox_enigma.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_vfd_mode.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_pluginbrowser.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_proc_oom_score_adj.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_fix_standby_name.patch file://enigma2_vuplus_disable_subtitle_sync_mode_bug.patch file://spinner file://number_key file://enigma2_vuplus_networksetup.patch file://skin_user_vuduo2.xml file://vfd_icons_vuduo2
Description:  demoplugins-tpmdemo  demoplugins-tpmdemo
OE: enigma2
License: GPLv2
Priority: optionalNone Filename: above

You can download this ipk file from the URL where you get the Packages.gz , in our case 
h**p://code.vuplus.com/packages/openvuplus/3.0.0/vuplus/feeds/stable/vuduo2/enigma2-plugin-demoplugins-tpmdemo_experimental-git20121128-r134-bsp5_vuduo2.ipk

If your Duo2 doesn't had AP plugin it is possible that your wifi hardware to not support this mode.

Best regards,

Marc

init 2 && init 3

Re: Where Is The Access Point Ipk (Open PLİ 4.0 Beta) #11 serdeliuk

• 315 posts

+18
Neutral

Posted 16 April 2016 - 22:00

Also, BUT ON YOUR OWN RISK, you can replace your /etc/opkg folder with the saved one, do an "opkg update" followed by an "opkg install required_plugin" , this way will install also all dependencies in one step :) do not do an "opkg upgrade" will mix your image with the packages from VU image and probably will end with a corrupted OS, after you have the packages installed, you can put back the initial image /etc/opkg folder, if you have a backup :) , in order to receive updates for your OS

Edited by serdeliuk, 16 April 2016 - 22:02.

init 2 && init 3

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vuduo2, Wiriless İpk, Taz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users