Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #741 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2017 - 00:00

ok, ok, you won ;)
j/k :P :D

but as I said, let's just leave it as that ;)
regards!

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #742 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2017 - 01:12

If you interested how IPTV Player works you can watch IPTVPlayer - http://rte.ie/player serivce overview

Regards,

SSS

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #743 Amai

• 615 posts

+26
Good

Posted 4 November 2017 - 11:20

well, your above list seems to be quite incomplete, isn't it?
accidentally you forgot to mention dozen of   o t h e r   hosts that are available there... :ph34r:

Just deactivate services you think are illegal

menu - Disable/Enable services

Pli has no illegal stuff on their feeds? Wrong.
example on Pli feed: settings Hans contains many illegal IPTV services (http://xc.cobra-iptv.com/)

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #744 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 4 November 2017 - 11:25

Rat! :D

Seriously, though, you're doing no one any favours with this sort of thing...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #745 dreamboxco

• 321 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 9 November 2017 - 15:46

how can i update the service app from 1+git104+567bde6-r0.0
to version 0.5+git115+e26213a-r5

the version 0.5+git115+e26213a-r5 works betters,

with the version 1+git104+567bde6-r0.0 i have black screens

Edited by Tekzen, 9 November 2017 - 15:48.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #746 fagmixy

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 December 2017 - 14:47

sss is the genius of enigma

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #747 samsamsam

• 2,024 posts

+146
Excellent

Posted 4 January 2018 - 18:13

If someone is interested with playback live streams from YouTube using exteplayer3 then I prepared patch for ffmpeg to improve/fix playback such streams.

The patch is available here:

I also precompiled ffmpeg libraries for following configurations:
- ffmpeg3.2.2_mipsel_fpu_hard_openssl1.0.2_dash_librtmp_native_rtmp.tar.gz
- ffmpeg3.2.2_mipsel_fpu_soft_openssl1.0.2_dash_librtmp_native_rtmp.tar.gz
- ffmpeg3.2.2_armv7_fpu_hard_openssl1.0.2_dash_librtmp_native_rtmp.tar.gz
- ffmpeg3.2.2_sh4_openssl1.0.2_dash_librtmp_native_rtmp.tar.gz

The packages can be found here:

Regards,
SSS

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #748 TheQueen

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2018 - 01:19

Hi. I am try an image I found for my old spark revolution (spark 7111). It is based on pur e2. Before I was using OpenPli 5 Taapat, but it doesn't support the xz format for the EPG.

This image makes the stream really slow and lagging, and I saw an option could be using exteplayer instead of gts. The problem is now that the system crashes at boot as soon I install from opkg the enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-serviceapp (that I need actually to switch to exteplayer3). ffmpeg and exteplayer3 are correctly installed (I attach here the log file of the crash).

How can I fix this problem or bypass it forcing the reciver to use exteplayer3 instead of the default one?
Thank you in advance from the help.

Attached Files

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #749 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 January 2018 - 01:27

The STi7111 is a very low end, 8 year old SoC with a ST40-300 CPU running at 450 MHz, which brings it in below the DM800 and the XP1000 in terms of CPU speed.

So don't expect too much from it...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #750 TheQueen

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2018 - 01:36

The STi7111 is a very low end, 8 year old SoC with a ST40-300 CPU running at 450 MHz, which brings it in below the DM800 and the XP1000 in terms of CPU speed.

So don't expect too much from it...

I know, but they sold me that as good less than 1 month ago... I was not expert on this at all, I got inside this world in the last month. If I can find an option to save it temporally could be better, I will anyway buy a better one (but this time I will ask for advice before -- any suggestion already well accepted also in pm) as soon I can. 

--------------------

Anyway, coming back to the topic, do you think there is a way to make the serviceapp working, or it's just a bad ported image? I don't find neither a way to contact the developer of the porting to ask him directly. What I am trying to do, is installing the last version of the serviceapp manually as I found in this thread. I am blocked in the "compile" phase, my image doesn't find bitbake and I cannot install it over opkg. Any ideas? Someone can please share the python folder of the last version of the plugin to see if I will make it work? Thank you!

P.s. I honestly found better OpenPli, but Taapat didn't develop anymore build for it. :(

Edited by TheQueen, 6 January 2018 - 01:39.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #751 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 6 January 2018 - 01:59

The problem you have is a generic computer problem.

The computer that ran fine on Windows 2000 may struggle with Windows 7, and may refuse to run Windows 10. The same is true with your box, and the reason there is no OpenPLi 6 for the low-end boxes we do have an OpenPLi 4 for.

I've never used serviceapp,but afaik it isn't python, so you need to compile it. Which means setting up a development environment as I explained in the other thread.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #752 TheQueen

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2018 - 02:43

The problem you have is a generic computer problem.

The computer that ran fine on Windows 2000 may struggle with Windows 7, and may refuse to run Windows 10. The same is true with your box, and the reason there is no OpenPLi 6 for the low-end boxes we do have an OpenPLi 4 for.

I've never used serviceapp,but afaik it isn't python, so you need to compile it. Which means setting up a development environment as I explained in the other thread.

Thank you for the answer. I get your point. Now actually I could go back to OpenPli 5, I need a way to import the python lzma there, in order to read the new epg feed. I will investigate better tomorrow which one is the best option.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #753 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 6 January 2018 - 05:37

Talk to MastaG, as he is prepping a new version of OpenPLi based image for it, which is better for older STBs than OE-A based images, as it is smaller/lighter/faster...

I have 7162/Alien2 and I will, I hope, get this running again soon - I'll try both PurE2 and MastaG images for it... We'll see... ;)

And good luck with it. :) As you heard, it is rather weak by comparison to new STBs...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #754 TheQueen

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 6 January 2018 - 12:11

Talk to MastaG, as he is prepping a new version of OpenPLi based image for it, which is better for older STBs than OE-A based images, as it is smaller/lighter/faster...

I have 7162/Alien2 and I will, I hope, get this running again soon - I'll try both PurE2 and MastaG images for it... We'll see... ;)

And good luck with it. :) As you heard, it is rather weak by comparison to new STBs...

Thank you!

I will anyway see if can solve the problem someway, maybe mx3L can provide an ipk or directly the folder of the new version of serviceapp, that could solve the problem.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #755 ident4site

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2018 - 14:24

Hi

I would like to get more information on the "serviceApp" plugin and its interactions with the different players.

So, if some people may provide answers to following questions or forward me to some threads, I will be more than happy...

Different type of services exist (1,4097,5001,5002)

- What's the purpose of making this kind of distinction?

Service starting by "1" seems related to channels we are receiving from satellites

- What's the system/default player used for these services?

- With the "serviceApp" plugin, when we are defining the default player, are the services starting by "1" also impacted
      or, despite this setting, they are still using the system player?  

Documentation/FAQ

- Is there some documentation/FAQs regarding players?

Thanks for your help

Vu+ Uno 4K SE / Channel Master motorized dish / OpenPli 7.1

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #756 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2018 - 16:42

The service type determines what processes the service. 1 means processed by the SoC, 4097 by gstreamer via servicemp3, 5001 by gestreamer via gst-player, and 5002 via extplayer3. 

So 1 isn't related to sattelite channels perse, if you have a stable TS stream, or any other stream format the SoC has a decoder for, it can be played by service type 1 as well, as long as there is no buffering required (the SoC needs a realtime data flow). 

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #757 ident4site

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 30 January 2018 - 17:24

The service type determines what processes the service. 1 means processed by the SoC, 4097 by gstreamer via servicemp3, 5001 by gestreamer via gst-player, and 5002 via extplayer3. 

Thanks for your explanation.
  - Does it mean "ServiceApp" configuration has NO impact on service type "1"?
    Does it mean service type "1" will be always processed by the SoC?
  - Then, it this case, what does "default system player" means?

Edited by ident4site, 30 January 2018 - 17:26.

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #758 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 30 January 2018 - 18:06

Yes. Yes. No idea, where do you see that?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #759 ident4site

• 18 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 January 2018 - 08:21

No idea, where do you see that?

Sorry - Correct label is "Enigma2 playback system". It appears in the "SystemApp" configuration panel.

if this parameter is NOT impacting service type "1", what's its purpose?

In which situation is "Enigma2 playback system" used? For which service type?

Re: serviceapp - gstplayer and exteplayer3 #760 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 31 January 2018 - 09:03

Am I wrong to believe that service app is used for streaming and playback (from the net and from one's shared folders in one's home network) with way better results than the old versions of built-in E2 playback part of the system - and this type of playback/streaming may give a second life, so to speak, (especially) to older boxes?

However, nowadays the built-in part is also better than it used to be, even if it isn't as good and as efficient with the system resources as extplayer3 (with ffmpeg)?

But service app is not used in decoding the encrypted (or not) satellite TV channels?

Edited by gorski, 31 January 2018 - 09:04.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users