How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch"

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 XRayhTec

• 440 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2016 - 16:31

Probably answer will be very easy, but I cannot find it.

After some hours of building I get for do_populate_lic, do_rootfs and a few more a task hash mismatch.

Can I disable that check somewhere or does this mean I can start the build proces all over again?

Despite these errors it is creating a kernel and a rootfs, but I don' t feel happy about it yet:)

Thanks in advance for reply.

Regards,

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 May 2016 - 17:53

I had this error as well. Problem is I don't remember how I fixed it  :mellow: Maybe I remember soon ;)

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #3 XRayhTec

• 440 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2016 - 19:54

The Log file indicates:

NOTE: task do_rootfs: Started

ERROR: do_rootfs: Taskhash mismatch

NOTE: task do_rootfs: Succeeded

NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 7372 tasks of which 7263 didn't need to be rerun and all succeeded.

Seems not really an ERROR, but not clear to me by what it is caused.

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2016 - 14:23

Did you google for it?

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #5 XRayhTec

• 440 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 14 May 2016 - 21:29

" The OpenEmbedded build system uses checksums and shared state cache to avoid unnecessarily

rebuilding tasks. Collectively, this scheme is known as "shared state code."

It was obvious I changed the code and so the checksum changed, but how often I rebuilded the code, the Taskhash mismatch did not go away and that was a bit strange to me. And the hash was even different with every build.

Till I found and changed this in the recipy:

PR = "r${DATETIME}"  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Regards,

Edited by XRayhTec, 14 May 2016 - 21:30.

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 15 May 2016 - 08:24

Hmmm, interesting. I know that with a certain commit in OE this started to happen, so messages on the mailing-list. Maybe it's fixed now.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #7 Nicker

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2016 - 12:00

In some recipes adding PR[vardepsxeclude]="DATETIME" helps.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #8 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2016 - 15:21

I bumped into the problem once more. And I now remember how I fixed it. I just removed the check in the bitbake code and then all works ;)

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #9 Nicker

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 May 2016 - 15:37

Yes this works for sure ... :-) there is number of another "nice" things that new bitbake versions will complain about... I am trying on my own @ my git (openembedded upgraded to last master commits), and bitbake complains almost about everything :-D I am getting nervous when my server console gets full of this crap, so I use inplace replace by sed in recipes....

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #10 XRayhTec

• 440 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 26 May 2016 - 19:07

Krogoth and bitbake 1.30 working rather good here.

Regards,

607xRAYHTECV13

ET4x00RAYHTEC4.0

XP1000RAYHTEC7B

H9COMBORAYHTEC9b

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #11 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2016 - 16:16

Hi,

Anyone knows what bitbake cases the task hash mismach issue?

ERROR: openpli-enigma2-image-1.0-r0 do_image_ubi: Taskhash mismatch bdcea613e4cc4cfc66efb44253d8ff5f verses 8140e26349998e105ccf9e9dfd984fc9 for /opt/openpli/openpli5/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb.do_image_ubi
ERROR: Taskhash mismatch bdcea613e4cc4cfc66efb44253d8ff5f verses 8140e26349998e105ccf9e9dfd984fc9 for /opt/openpli/openpli5/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb.do_image_ubi

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 30 July 2016 - 18:48

Does this explaination help any? https://patchwork.op...g/patch/120347/

A similar one: https://patches.open...g/patch/120303/

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #13 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:53

I get this taskhash error from time to time too
I build for 3 boxes one by another, and error most often occurs at the last /et9x00/ (funny thing is that image is still built despite this error)
and the next build is ok

maybe adding something like this to openpli-enigma2-image.bb:

IMAGE_CMD_ubi[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"

will allow to get rid of this?

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #14 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:05

I tried the folowing, it didn't work.

diff --git a/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb b/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb
index f14d2f0..fc03046 100644
--- a/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb
+++ b/meta-openpli/recipes-openpli/images/openpli-enigma2-image.bb
@@ -92,3 +92,5 @@ IMAGE_INSTALL += " \
        "

export IMAGE_BASENAME = "openpli-enigma2"
+KERNEL_IMAGE_BASE_NAME[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:06

I've already been searching through the recipies for {$DATETIME}, but I couldn't find any.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #16 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:08

See:

$ find meta-openembedded/ openembedded-core/ -type f | xargs fgrep DATETIME
openembedded-core/meta/conf/documentation.conf:DATETIME[doc] = "The date and time the build was started."
openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:DATETIME = "${DATE}${TIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:IMAGE_NAME = "${IMAGE_BASENAME}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:IMAGE_NAME[vardepsexclude] += "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/conf/bitbake.conf:BB_CONSOLELOG ?= "${LOG_DIR}/cooker/${MACHINE}/${DATETIME}.log"
openembedded-core/meta/lib/oeqa/targetcontrol.py:        self.datetime = d.getVar('DATETIME', True)
openembedded-core/meta/lib/oeqa/runtime/_ptest.py:        self.ptest_log = os.path.join(oeRuntimeTest.tc.d.getVar("TEST_LOG_DIR",True), "ptest-%s.log" % oeRuntimeTest.tc.d.getVar('DATETIME', True))
openembedded-core/meta/lib/oeqa/utils/targetbuild.py:        self.datetime = d.getVar('DATETIME', True)
openembedded-core/meta/lib/oe/distro_check.py:    logfile = os.path.join(logpath, "%s.%s%s" % (logfn, d.getVar('DATETIME', True), logsuffix))
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/images/build-appliance-image_14.0.0.bb:     zip -r ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/Yocto_Build_Appliance-${DATETIME}.zip Yocto_Build_Appliance
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/images/build-appliance-image_14.0.0.bb:     ln -sf Yocto_Build_Appliance-${DATETIME}.zip ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/Yocto_Build_Appliance.zip
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/images/build-appliance-image_14.0.0.bb:create_bundle_files[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/os-release/os-release.bb:BUILD_ID ?= "${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/recipes-core/os-release/os-release.bb:BUILD_ID[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:INITRAMFS_BASE_NAME = "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-initramfs-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:INITRAMFS_BASE_NAME[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:KERNEL_IMAGE_BASE_NAME ?= "${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-${PKGE}-${PKGV}-${PKGR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:# Don't include the DATETIME variable in the sstate package signatures
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:KERNEL_IMAGE_BASE_NAME[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:MODULE_IMAGE_BASE_NAME ?= "modules-${PKGE}-${PKGV}-${PKGR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:MODULE_IMAGE_BASE_NAME[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel.bbclass:# Don't include the DATETIME variable in the sstate package signatures
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel-fitimage.bbclass:         its_base_name="${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-its-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/kernel-fitimage.bbclass:         linux_bin_base_name="${KERNEL_IMAGETYPE}-linux.bin-${PV}-${PR}-${MACHINE}-${DATETIME}"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/bugzilla.bbclass:        text     = "The %s step in %s failed at %s for machine %s" % (e.task, data.getVar("PN", True), data.getVar('DATETIME', True), data.getVar( 'MACHINE', True ) )
openembedded-core/meta/classes/toolchain-scripts.bbclass:       echo 'Timestamp: ${DATETIME}' >> $versionfile
openembedded-core/meta/classes/toolchain-scripts.bbclass:toolchain_create_sdk_version[vardepsexclude] = "DATETIME"
openembedded-core/meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass:        datetime = localdata.getVar('DATETIME', True)
openembedded-core/meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass:        datetime = localdata.getVar('DATETIME', True)
openembedded-core/meta/classes/distrodata.bbclass:    datetime = localdata.getVar('DATETIME', True)
openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass:        # Delete DATETIME so we don't expand any references to it now
openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass:        localdata.delVar('DATETIME')
openembedded-core/meta/classes/image.bbclass:        d.appendVarFlag('do_image_%s' % t, 'vardepsexclude', 'DATETIME')

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:13

Yeah, but all relevant entries already have a "vardepsexclude" definition for DATETIME.

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #18 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 18:57

According to this you should also search for DATE or TIME (I know it's quite old): http://lists.openemb...ber/070146.html

And problem can also be in BSP layers from manufacturers and meta-openpli. I also searched but didn't find anything. Is it possible to add more debugs somewhere to find it?

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #19 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 31 July 2016 - 19:47

can it because of this, by any chance?
et.inc
IMAGE_CMD_ubi_append = " \
	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
	"
that would somehow explain why I had it only for et9500 build and not for vu nor xsarius,
and also why problem doesn't appear on oe-a (they create it other way...)

Re: How to get rid of "Taskhash mismatch" #20 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2016 - 08:27

ok, after some tests I'm almost sure my suspicions were correct...

for three days I use as follows (copying oe-a approach):
openpli.conf
--- a/meta-openpli/conf/distro/openpli.conf
+++ b/meta-openpli/conf/distro/openpli.conf
@@ -66,6 +66,8 @@ PREFERRED_VERSION_liberation-fonts ?= "1.04"

DISTRO_FEATURES ?= "alsa bluetooth ext2 largefile wifi nfs zeroconf ${DISTRO_FEATURES_LIBC}"

+IMAGE_VER_STRING ?= "${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE}"
+
 QA_LOGFILE = "${TMPDIR}/qa.log"

OEINCLUDELOGS ?= "yes"
and in et.inc
--- a/conf/machine/include/et.inc
+++ b/conf/machine/include/et.inc
@@ -36,7 +36,7 @@ IMAGE_CMD_ubi_append = " \
        mkdir -p ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}; \
        cp ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.ubi ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/rootfs.bin; \
        gzip -9c ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/vmlinux-${MACHINE}.bin > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/kernel.bin; \
-       echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
+       echo ${IMAGE_VER_STRING} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
        echo "rename this file to 'force' to force an update without confirmation" > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/noforce; \
        cd ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}; \
        zip ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${MACHINE}_usb.zip ${IMAGEDIR}/*; \
and guess what - so far so good - taskhash mismatch error is gone...
we'll see...

however, maybe there's some easier solution that wouldn't require bsp layers adjustments /?/
bart@brtX:~/openpli$ find meta-* -type f | xargs fgrep -w {DATE}
meta-edision/conf/machine/include/rootfs-ubi.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-formuler/conf/machine/include/formuler.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-gi/conf/machine/include/et7000mini.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-hd/conf/machine/include/hd-mipsel.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-hd/conf/machine/include/hd-arm.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-miraclebox/conf/machine/include/miraclebox.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-spycat/conf/machine/include/rootfs-ubi.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-xp/conf/machine/include/xp.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-xpeedc/conf/machine/include/xpeedc.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-xtrend/conf/machine/include/et7k.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \
meta-zgemma/conf/machine/include/zgemma.inc:	echo ${DISTRO_NAME}-${DISTRO_VERSION}-${DATE} > ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGEDIR}/imageversion; \

Edited by blzr, 3 August 2016 - 08:28.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users