Photo

VU SOLO SE v2 - NOPT RECORDING nor STREAMING, pau?!

vu solo se v2 stream record

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 p30n

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:06

Hey all! I would like to apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before here but I could not find any helpful information about it while searching these forums and also other places.

I have a VU+ Solo SE v2 which I would like to record to an external usb hdd(alternatively to my NAS box) and also be able to stream both via OpenWebIF and to the VU+ PVR addon on a XBMC/Kodi box. The problem here is that I would like to do this on an OpenPLi 4 image since this is the one that I like the msot, also it has good EPG functionality and is otherwise really fast and great image.

I have tried OpenATV (came with the box) and this worked OK, for recording and streaming. Also tried Blackhole which also worked fine with recording and streaming.

Tried OpenPLi and found it was really nice and all, but the recording and streaming is not working:

- When trying to set timers for recording it will indeed "start" recording as I can see from OSD and also on the HDD it will create .ts.cuts / .ts / .eit / .ts.meta -files but they are 0-1kb in size although the recording has finished = it does not write any to the disc.

- When trying to stream from Webif it will only open in VLC a black screen and never show any picture, no matter what channel I am on. (same with transcoded streaming)

- When trying to use the VU+ PVR plugin for XBMC / Kodi it will load the EPG data and channel lists without any problem but when starting the stream or trying to zap channels it will only give me the rotating "working" symbol for 15sec and then stop and show no picture at all just go back to channel list.

All the information I have come across so far says that OpenPli 4 for VU+ Solo SE v2 does not have  something called "pau" as default which Blackhole and OpenATV should have and this is why the image is not recording properly on my box? Can someone confirm this and amybe enlighten me a bit on the subject of Pau, and also tell me if it is possible to install Pau on a OpenPLi build that does not have it already?

Since I have come to like the OpenPLi4 image now and it is snappy, looks good and simple to use and look at I would like to have this image with recording and streaming capabilities working.

Thank you all in advance and I hope we can sort this out now and maybe help some others in the process.

regards,

P

Edited by p30n, 16 May 2016 - 12:08.

VU SOLO SE V2 - TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT IMAGE :)

Re: VU SOLO SE v2 - NOPT RECORDING nor STREAMING, pau?! #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:07

It is in de feeds, just download and install it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU SOLO SE v2 - NOPT RECORDING nor STREAMING, pau?! #3 Frenske

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 27,388 posts

+393
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2016 - 12:48

The keyword concerning this matter is the Pau plugin. As Wanwizard already mentioned, it's in the feed.

Mijn schotel is een T90 met 10 LNB's. Daarnaast voor de fun nog een draaibaar systeem met een Triax TD 78.

Dreamboxen heb ik niet meer echt actief. Verder heb ik ook nog een een VU+ duo2 met 500Gb harddisk + een VU+ Uno, Zero, Solo 4K, Ultimo 4K, Zero 4K, Uno 4Kse. + ook nog een Xtrend ET7x00. Daarnaast heb ik ook nog diverse andere modellen w.o. een Formuler F4, ET8500, ET7500, Mut@nt 2400HD, Xsarius Fusion HD se en verder nog wel het e.e.a. waarmee op verzoek vanalles wordt getest. Iemand moet het tenslotte doen. ;) :)
Los van de eerder genoemde modellen heb ik nog wel een rits aan testsamples als Mut@nt 2400HD, HD60, GB UE4K, GB Trio4K, Maxitec Multibox combo en Twin, Octagon sf8008, sf8008 mini en last but nog least enkele modellen van het Grieks Duitse Edision.

Voor centrale opslag van media gebruik ik een Qnap 219P 
met tweemaal 2 Tb harddisks + een Synology DS414 met 12 Tb Totale opslag.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Many answers to your question can be found in our wiki: Just one click away from this "solutioncentre".

Als ik alles al wist hoefde ik ook niets te vragen. If I had all the knowledge I had no questions at all.

Re: VU SOLO SE v2 - NOPT RECORDING nor STREAMING, pau?! #4 p30n

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 May 2016 - 19:02

wow I feel like a complete retard.
might have been because of me being at work pondering what to do with the box when I got home...but as you advised, PAU is the answer.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious, its working as it should now :)

Only one thing left then, to figure out how to configure my motorised dish signal to split internally since I have a twin tuner in the vusolose v2 and I'd like to record and watch different channels with the help of this without having to get a dual lnb and put another cable from dish.

Anyone have experience with this particular box and twin tuner+motor?

thanks again!

VU SOLO SE V2 - TRYING TO FIND THE RIGHT IMAGE :)

Re: VU SOLO SE v2 - NOPT RECORDING nor STREAMING, pau?! #5 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 18 May 2016 - 09:58

wow I feel like a complete retard.

Don't worry There are plenty of us here :)

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vu solo se v2, stream, record

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users