Script xml epg rytec

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Twilight0

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 June 2016 - 11:35

Hello,

I want to share something that I think will reduce the burden to the rytec and vuplus-community servers.

A couple of months ago I was looking for a direct xmltv link to insert into the Kodi IPTV Simple Client configurations.

I had a Raspberry Pi lying on my desk after being dismissed as a media center hub and thought it may become useful now.

I found a really nice and easy to setup distribution called DietPi: http://dietpi.com

It uses Rasbian as its base, but its heavily tweaked an customized to give users the ability to grow into any kind of system they want, from server based or desktop based. Check their website and tell me what you think. Recently they 've grown their project as "Fuzon" only to include builds for other systems as well.

So, I wanted to mirror the xmltv file... lets say you 've just installed a basic system. You don't need many things... But running it headless is a must!

First I installed a lightweight ftp client... lftp seemed a good choice. Then gdrive which is a google drive terminal client. And then I had to automate the process of downloading the file once a day and upload it somewhere. First I prepared a script:

# nano /usr/local/bin/epg

#!/bin/sh
rm /local/file/path/rytecxmltv-Greece.gz
wget -O /root/epg/rytecxmltv-Greece.gz http://www.vuplus-community.net/rytec/rytecxmltv-Greece.gz
lftp -e "put -O remote-folder/ /local/file/path/rytecxmltv-Greece.gz; bye" -u ftp-username,pass ftp-host
sleep 1
gdrive update <fileID> /local/file/path/rytecxmltv-Greece.gz
exit 0

You can do for pretty much any xmltv file provided by the vuplus-community and load it directly to your Kodi IPTV client.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Script, xml, epg, rytec

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users