Photo

Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E)

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #101 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 3,561 posts

+153
Excellent

Posted 26 July 2019 - 09:20

J [...] be more explicit in the comment so that people can search for exemple for Sky and find this particular plugin, otherwise many people will miss it.

There is no hard coding in this plugin. Adding a comment about "Sky" would be hard coding. The plugin is for any OpenTV provider (that there are conf files for) and adding a hard coded message about "Sky" would be misleading. The plugin only shows providers on configured satellites. i.e if you only have 28.2E configured it will only show "Sky Uk OpenTV (28.2)", so if you want to know what providers are available on you setup just look in the plugin.

BTW, if you are talking about the description in the plugins download menu, as far as I know that comes from the .bb file and is nothing to do with the plugin itself.

Indeed I was talking about the description of the plugin so that a search with:  opkg list | grep -i "sky" will retrieve this plugin.

Most use don't know which EPG encoding system is used by there broadcaster but they at least know the broadcaster name. ;-)

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #102 gutemine

• 869 posts

+68
Good

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:38

Open EPG Plugin has a kit and support thread at OoZooN as all my other plugins and I'm not anybody's friend or darling or whatsover.

Putting something like Sky in a Plugin name or description is idiotic - unless you enjoy Tickling Tigers.

Edited by gutemine, 26 July 2019 - 16:39.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #103 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 922 posts

+22
Neutral

Posted 26 July 2019 - 17:13

The comment was not intended for you.

Thanks for mentioning where to find it.

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 26 July 2019 - 17:14.

Re: Reading EPG data from OpenTV (28.2E and 13 E) #104 LraiZer

• 80 posts

+17
Neutral

Posted 27 July 2019 - 05:32

@Abu
I will put a homebuild patch on home dev section thread for testing when it is ready... Soon.!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users