• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 28 June 2016 - 10:40

Hi Everyone

I would like to check if we have a plugin for Miracast. Recently I am doing some shopping around to get an Android Tablet and found Asus version not back.  But sadly all the models I wanted to buy do not have Hdmi out, but they have the feature Miracast.  So if our box has this feature too, it will be great.

Thanks in advance

Re: Miracast #2 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 28 June 2016 - 11:44

Hi,

no Miracast. What about MHL? It is more or less an HDMI-output over something like an USB connector. If tablet and TV are supporting MHL you only need a special cable. If everything fails an uPnP-Renderer like cocy might help a bit.

ciao

Edited by Trial, 28 June 2016 - 11:45.

Re: Miracast #3 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 29 June 2016 - 06:19

Thanks very much Trial.

Is it some kind of Network Plugin that I need to install to my box and also the Tablet? Does it display the video in my Tablet onto the Tv? How to use this uPnP-Renderer?  Or is there any place that I can read about how to use it?

Re: Miracast #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:37

Hi,

the omplete name is now CoCyEnigma2 and it is easy and not so easy to install. It is easy if all dependencies are on the feed you do it best with telnet so that you have an install log if something fails.

Yes it is a network plugin but after install you will not see it similar to an FTP server. It is working and listening in the background. When it is installed you can take BubbleuPnP on Android to play/show all films, pictures and music on the box an therefore on the TV. In BubbleuPnP you have to go to the settings and look for renderer and there your box should appear as a renderer. Now you select a file for show/play and it is shown/played on the box/TV. It is a bit similar like airplay but open.

ciao

Re: Miracast #5 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:59

I had installed BubbleuPnP to my existing Android Tablet but can’t find CoCyEnigma2, please tell me where can I install it?

Re: Miracast #6 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:29

Hi,

CocyEnigma2 here you will find an ipk to install. Install it with telnet so that you see installation errors.

btw. make a backup in case of problems.

ciao

Re: Miracast #7 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2016 - 11:07

Hi Trial, thanks very much for all the help!

Have a Great Weekend!

Re: Miracast #8 nightflyer

• 14 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2016 - 11:48

Hi Everyone

I would like to check if we have a plugin for Miracast. Recently I am doing some shopping around to get an Android Tablet and found Asus version not back.  But sadly all the models I wanted to buy do not have Hdmi out, but they have the feature Miracast.  So if our box has this feature too, it will be great.

Thanks in advance

There is a miracast implementation for Linux called miraclecast.

It seems that this fork is the most updated development tree:

https://github.com/albfan/miraclecast

But I haven't tried to integrate it to an STB.

Re: Miracast #9 bumperbee

• 283 posts

+10
Neutral

Posted 1 July 2016 - 22:16

After installing, box can’t startup, !

Hi Nightflyer, thanks very much for the info. I can’t find the ipk file, please teach me how to install it?

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users