Photo

CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #21 bobi

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 July 2016 - 21:17

Thank you Dimitrij , it is now working on the Mut@nt receiver with OpenPli :-) WOOOHOOOO im so happy 

Erik Slagter im not after any illegal things mate, card can cam i have is a paid one, im just having it from a mate for few days to test and find out on what Enigma2 box it works and in the end the help from Dimitrij did the trick even with the OpenPli from today :-)

I understand that you / OpenPli will like to keep clean shit when it vcomes the the legal side and your team and i respect that :-) Im an old guy in the sceene and know what is right or wrong and would not touch anything that is illegal for my part.

But as long as i pay for the card and cam then i do not see the problem in the CI+ part. The cam it self works good in TV like Samsung or Philips that i have tested, but for some reason i like Enigma2 and Openpli, it is part of my life now for 10 years or so :-)

Anyway the CI+ for Viasat Norway / Nordic and Baltic for sure works in Mut@nt HD2400 , as this cards/ countries have the same card generation :-) ( Maybe Ukranina to i belive then have same system :-) )

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #22 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2016 - 22:03

I know.... But this stuff is illogical... Other imags do not have emu... We have... But the other images have ci+ support which is probably more doubtfull then having emu...???

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #23 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,598 posts

+458
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2016 - 22:04

I thought the ciplus-helper for the hd2400 was available in the feeds....

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #24 bobi

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:34

I did not see that in feeds yesterday when i was trying out openpli. 

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #25 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2016 - 11:55

If it is on the feed you have to install via telnet afaik. I think it's not visible in e2.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #26 Tech

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Core member
  • 14,598 posts

+458
Excellent

Posted 16 July 2016 - 16:36

Correct :)

Aan de rand van de afgrond is een stap voorwaarts niet altijd vooruitgang....

On the edge of the abyss, a step forward is not always progress....

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #27 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:54

@bobi, in this case it's not the user (= you) that is doing illegal stuff, but it's the manufacturer. Giving you a means to bypass CI+ restrictions (= running CI+ on open architecture) will most certainly not be the intention of the CI+ developing company/alliance/etc. Also it uses hacked certificates, which by all means, doesn't sound legal.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 17 July 2016 - 07:54.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #28 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 July 2016 - 10:17

But the user can install it via telnet... Issue solved I guess.. Especially when for other images you need to do something extra's to get a simple emu working....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #29 bobi

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2016 - 11:00

I undertand the illegal side of using a CI+ module in an non original box or tv that is accepted from the company.

I my self have an Tiviar that has licens for CI+ and here the cam works out of the box, im not after any illegal thing, and as i told i pay for both cam and card, so on one side im doing some thing illegall to use me legal subscrition on an non legal box like Mut@nt or any other box that has no CI+ licens.

i do not see the big problem buy doing that, as long as i am not making any illegal use of this and pay for it. I just am used to have OpenPli image in my box and realy no need to use another box, as in Enigma2 box i can have all my cards working without the nedd of extra boxes :-)

cheers

bobi

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #30 aeryn.sun

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 07:13

hi guys,

i do not want to start another topic as this certainly fits here. i would like to get myself a mutant HD51 4K (the one with HEVC) or the AX HD51 4K. They both have a CI slot. so as long as i buy just a CI module and not CI+ this will work with OpenPLI out of the box, right?

thnx

aeryn

ET4000

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #31 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:59

CI will work out of the box... CI+ requires driver support and is - as of now - not implemented by OpenPli because of a breach of the GPL license...

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #32 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2016 - 10:59

That is not entirely true. We can only not implement solutions that would require implementations inside Enigma.

Our Enigma has a standardized CI+ interface that the manufacturer can utilize, either in the drivers or through an external binary. So far, Formuler has implemented this, and Mutant has for the 2400.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #33 aeryn.sun

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:26

well i do not intend to use CI+ as this is proprietary crap, stripping everyone's rights. i just have to pick the right STB with a CI slot and then pick the right CI module

ET4000

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #34 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2016 - 12:56

Afaik CI+ (as in functionality) isn't supported in all cases. This is still being looked at, but since it requires a valid CI+ certificate, it is not something we can add without doing something illegal. We can however facilitate it.

The boxes I mentioned have the option to accept a CI+ module and use it as a CI module, like for example the German SKY CI+ module.

It is expected that all providers will switch to CI+, as it is the only proven solution against card-sharing. So basically the people using a cardshare are to blame for this move...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #35 goldeneye

• 1,030 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 29 July 2016 - 14:09

@WanWizard...

I am walking 'on thin ice' but the providers are partly to blame as well. Even with the European bill that providers should accept foreign members living in the EU, providers simply will NOT. Only provider is M7 at this point.. In their case they simply loose potential income from legal users. Cardservers merely fill in the demand as do IPTV streaming 'providers'.. I know: it's illegal but it is simply human nature... I for instance would love to pay for SKY UK but numerous requests have been simply denied or were left unanswered.. Luckily (for me) FreeSat offers some very interesting channels and I live well in the spotbeam....

Deep in my heart I can understand why cardserver users are using them.. But still it IS illegal.

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #36 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 29 July 2016 - 14:16

True.

But in fairness to the providers, a lot of this is enforced by the media companies. If you could, for example, get a sky sports subscription all over europe, it would become a lot more difficult for them to sell the same broadcasting rights to other providers. So most of these broadcast rights have clauses enforcing this. Which is a bit weird, since the provider knowns how many subscriptions have been sold, so this issue could be solved by a "x euro's per subscriber" contract.

You can compare this to the panic in the record industry when mp3's and napster became popular. The media companies are desparate to hold on to their outdated profit model, which is still from the days you only had analog terrestrial broadcasts...

Now that you see more and more steaming providers, where enforcing geographic regions is near to impossible, things will hopefully change.

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #37 Tim Kay

• 4 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 October 2016 - 14:15

Did anyone tried with Mut@nt HD51 4K and Viasat CI+ yet?

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #38 bobi

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 December 2016 - 20:34

Just an update, i have now buy 2 new Mut@nt 1500 and the 51UHD model, and this models do not work with the CI+ from Viasat Nordic and Baltic, i have tested 
I have done more test with HD1500 for now, and found out that on OpenATV there i get some mozaic , like picture in heavy rain, while with the addon from here and the OpenPLI i get nothing at all.

i will test more on HD51 4K and see if this will give better results :-)

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #39 WTE

• 821 posts

+36
Good

Posted 4 December 2016 - 21:22

Just an update, i have now buy 2 new Mut@nt 1500 and the 51UHD model, and this models do not work with the CI+ from Viasat Nordic and Baltic, i have tested 
I have done more test with HD1500 for now, and found out that on OpenATV there i get some mozaic , like picture in heavy rain, while with the addon from here and the OpenPLI i get nothing at all.

i will test more on HD51 4K and see if this will give better results :-)

HD51 you should wait for openpli5. The arm ciplushelper is probably not the right one in the downloads.

I saw your message in Openatv as well this image should work ok with your cam.

Mut@nt HD51 STB 4K

:rolleyes:                :rolleyes:

Re: CI+ and Mutant HD2400 not working #40 bobi

• 46 posts

Neutral

Posted 5 December 2016 - 19:06

Hi WTE

thank you for your replay :-)
Yes i did post on OpenATV to as i only test this images , OpenPLI and OpenATV this is 2 images i like and work with from time to time

Now i have mostly tested the Mutant 1500 and this is the one that i need to make work at first :-)
I have now OpenPLI and have the CI Helper installed but im not sure if this is the right one for the OpenPLI.

Will much appritiate if you can point me to the right one :-)

About the HD51 4K i have not tested it yet as i was not sure what ci+ addon i need for this 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users