Photo

Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 9 November 2007 - 22:53

Delighted to see this new section - let's hope there are many contributions which advance the collective knowledge.

Let me be the first modest contributor with a small script I find useful. I have posted this elsewhere so I quote it below

Here's a handy solution I found on my travels through all things related to recording/streaming from/to dreambox. It's a VLC script which you can drag and drop a movie file onto (all formats accepted avi,divx,etc) and it converts the movie to a transport stream format file in the movies mount folder on your PC. So on your DM box it will show up as a recorded movie & you can view it while it is being converted by VLC. You also, at the end, have a copy of the movie in ts format on your mount folder.

Just create a .bat file with this content:
"%ProgramFiles%\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv %1 :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,width=704,height=576,fps=25,channels=2}:duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="C:\db\hdd\movie\%~n1.ts"}}

Change C:\db\hdd\movies to your mount folder

Edit:
For lower bandwith connections (wireless,etc) Change vb=2048 or vb=1024 or scale=0.5
Above script will produce widescreen ts file output - if you don't want this delete "width=704,height=576"

Attached Files

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #2 ronnie

• 1,051 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 November 2007 - 17:40

Nice job :smt023

Ronnie

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #3 ZeroCool1616

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 10 November 2007 - 23:47

Wow ... n1...

Thanks mate, it works perfect on my pc and with my dm 7000er !

reg Zero

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #4 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2007 - 13:22

Thanks ZeroCool,
Good to hear it works without pixellation - others are coming back to me with this problem & indeed, I experience myself on an image other trhan PLi helenite - don't know what the cause is - I suppose that will teach me not to deviate from the PLi path!

Has anybody else got good or bad reports on this script? - please post!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #5 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2007 - 13:33

I seem to remember that I ran this script originally with PLi Helenite & DM500C box without problem I'm currently running DW2 image on 500C and have pixellation on playback even when VLC has finished transcoding, so it's not a cpu problem. So, I'm at a loss to explain - I was going to go for the difference between Enigma ts file Vs Neutrino ts file as a possible explanation but I don't think this is it.

It must be something to do with the ts file makeup that VLC creates in the transcoding process.

Is there any difference in how PLi handles ts file playback - is it more tolerant of different ts formats?

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #6 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 November 2007 - 18:12

It seems that the script is wrong - need to change to read fps=25 - this will get rid of pixellation, apparently

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #7 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 22 November 2007 - 18:22

i don't get it to work

i created the .bat file, started te file then vlc starts i drag en drop an divx in vlc.
then the divx is played but not on my dreambox what do i wrong?

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #8 elpichon

• 62 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2007 - 18:44

I have the same problem!!!
DM600PVR
Unable to open 'intf'
Unable to open 'wxwin'
Unable to open '--'
Unable to open 'extraintf'
Unable to open '='
Help!!!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #9 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 November 2007 - 20:27

TheMystery, elpichon
You don't start the .bat file at all - you just drag an avi or divx file over to & drop it onto the .bat file. This will convert the avi or divx file into a
ts file (which is what the dreambox can play natively) in the c:\db\hdd\movie directory. This is my external mount for recordings - you need to change appropriately.

So now, on the dreambox you will see the ts file above as a recording and you can play it the same way as you would play any recording
which is on your external mount - this can be done even while the conversion is happening!

You will also be left with a ts copy of your original avi or divx file!!!!!

All this is already explained in the first post - you need to read carefully or if you don't understand something ask about it in particular!

Let us know if it now works?

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #10 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 November 2007 - 08:59

dweeb4,

i now drag and drop the file into the bat file, then vlc starts but no ts file comes in the directory.

this is my output of the cmd window:

C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv "F:\Downloaded files\alt.binaries.tv\stargate.atlantis.s04e07.dsr.xvid-0tv\stargate.at
lantis.s04e07.dsr.xvid-0tv.avi" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,aco
dec=mp2a,ab=192,fps=25,channels=2}duplicate{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="E:\D
reambox\movie\stargate.atlantis.s04e07.dsr.xvid-0tv.ts"}}

my dreambox share is E:\Dreambox\movie\

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #11 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2007 - 21:09

According to your output, VLC is creating the the "stargate_atlantis" ts file in the E:\Dreambox\movie\ folder.

Is it not there?
Does VLC display the movie as it's doing the conversion?
What version of VLC?

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #12 elflamingo

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 November 2007 - 23:46

Hello good developpers, I have been searching in your good forum to find a solution for my problem .Now I don't know if I am in the good section
I added the .bat file at vlc and when I put on a avi file it starts running but nothing on my dreambox.

I have a dreambox 600pvr and I don't get it connected with my PC for streaming or recording movies or TV.
The vlc player on my pc is oke I made a folder on my PC D:\dream\movies but my dreambox does not connect what do I wrong

I put in the dreambox my PC IP and choose nfs or cif and then try to mount my PC harddisc but also that will not happen.

I must do something stupid but does anyone know what?
Maybe there is a good tutorial for mounting your PC harddisc on the dreambox and for streaming from the PC

Vlc frontend does also still not work on my dreambox
I work with vista on the PC so Ngrab will not work

I have the finale Pli image and updated with the blue button.
Please some help??

Thanks in advance

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #13 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 10:42

According to your output, VLC is creating the the "stargate_atlantis" ts file in the E:\Dreambox\movie\ folder.

Is it not there?
Does VLC display the movie as it's doing the conversion?
What version of VLC?

No the file is not in the E:\Dreambox\movie\ folder.
the movie does not play, vlc is doing nothing at all.

i have version 0.8.6.c

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #14 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 11:21

TheMystery,
Are you running this on Windows XP? - A VLC Media Player window should appear pop up & the progress slider should be advancing showing the progress of the transcoding (I was wrong about it also displaying the movie on PC screen).

If this is not showing then VLC is not starting correctly

Try changing your input & output destinations to something simpler - this is a very complex input & output destination & I don't know how the batch file will handle it!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #15 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 12:58

I'am running windows xp

the progress sliders is doing nothing, vlc does pop up.

C:\Program Files\VideoLan\VLC\vlc" -vvv "E:\Dexter - s01e01.avi" :sout=#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,fps=25,channels=2}duplicate
{dst=std{access=file,mux=ts,dst="E:\Dexter - s01e01.ts"}}

i made the input and output simpler but no result.

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #16 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 16:48

I'm sorry, TheMystery, I don't know - maybe others have an idea what's wrong. I didn't develop this script just found it & posted it here! So I'm no VLC expert!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #17 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 19:03

thx I will look further

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #18 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 19:38

I just noticed one mistake in your script - it's missing a quote at the start i.e. the full path to VLC should be in quotes - Try that & let us know!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #19 dweeb4

• 138 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 November 2007 - 23:43

Here's something else I just learned, for widescreen ts file edit the script as follows:
{vcodec=mp2v,vb=3072,scale=1,acodec=mp2a,ab=192,width=704,height=576,fps=25,channels=2}

or you could try 720,576

Both of these are the native resolution of widechannel dreambox channels that I have streams for!

Re: Streaming avi,divx movies to Dreambox #20 TheMystery

• 395 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 25 November 2007 - 18:57

I now use Winavi and convert the divx files to dvd files and this plays the dreambox wel :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users