28 replies to this topic

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2018 - 19:51

This is not about usatvnow.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #22 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 December 2018 - 20:28

Says the man with the crystal ball!

You should ease off the personal attack from all angles as the very people you attack are the same

people who have contributed to help and keep you going (twice!).

Personally, i wish i'd known your replies would be so negative and would drag on for days as

i would never have wasted the money i have handed you but you learn from your mistakes and never again.

I pity the idiot who sends you money then gets slaughtered for merely asking a question (4 days ago!)

Enough..move on!

Edited by zigzag, 12 December 2018 - 20:31.

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2018 - 21:53

Ah, that is the problem, that is why you are angry. Now it becomes clear. You expected by donating to us we should do your bidding.

Our point of view towards anything illegal has been made very clear on every occasion possible, and is not going to change. Don't expect any effort from us in that area, no matter how much you donate.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #24 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,260 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 12 December 2018 - 22:11

Do you mean USTVNow? http://watch.ustvnow.com/guide

USATVNow I don't know what it is...

Regards USTVNow in the past I created a working plugin... But once the plugin was working USTVNow made adaptions... I did adapt/follow it for a while but I stopped adapting is as it was getting no fun at all...!!! But this 'plugin' was not part of the MediaPortal...? https://github.com/littlesat/USTVNow As you can see I stopped adapting it for 3 years. 

In addition you need be a USA resident go get a legal subscribtion.... 

Edited by littlesat, 12 December 2018 - 22:14.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #25 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 December 2018 - 23:15

@littlesat: Sir, yes that is correct thank you for your understanding. There are ways to get around the location for a subscription to

enable viewing the channels that can be viewed. 

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #26 zigzag

• 174 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 December 2018 - 23:32

Ah, that is the problem, that is why you are angry. Now it becomes clear. You expected by donating to us we should do your bidding.

Our point of view towards anything illegal has been made very clear on every occasion possible, and is not going to change. Don't expect any effort from us in that area, no matter how much you donate.

There you go making assumptions just as you have done from my very first question.

I am only disappointed at the way you consistently come across in your replies and useless input to a simple question.

For the record, please identify where it is that i have 'expected' you to make any effort in this regard?

Read my posts again. My question was has something changed from old image releases to the new ones. This required a simple answer. 

...and for the record, this thread is about Mediaportal not updating using OpenPli 4 and NOTHING to do with what you have been constantly

sniping about. I have never requested you do anything, nor have i asked for you to change anything yet you have turned what was a simple 

question into an issue about 'you' and your view about how 'people like me' prevent you from doing what you want to do!

Clearly you have a problem as reading many of your replies to other users across quite some time you have a habit of either making the wrong assumption

and casting blame or you rub people up the wrong way...and you are the 'moderator'!

My wife was the one who made the donation and it was to support you and believed we were helping you to keep improving and no we don't feel angry about that

but what we do feel disappointed about is your unrelenting negative comments and unfounded assumptions that we 'expect' you to do 'our bidding'!

As i said, please end this right now as not only is it upsetting us reading your comments but your assumptions and accusations are embarrassing and completely

unprofessional. 

For the record. once and for all...we have NEVER asked you to do anything...we just asked a simple question and you have constantly veered off topic by taking your point over to this thread! Don't worry..we certainly won't ever donate a dime ever again. We may have been fooled once but we're not idiots!

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:27

This required a simple answer. 

You got your simple answer. Three times.

But I will give it again, it case you missed it: it is not going to happen.

I have already explained a few times that an up to date Mediaportal requires an up to date operating system, OpenPLi 4 is old and end of life. What part of this don't you understand?

So upgrade to OpenPLi 7 and your problem is solved. If that means your IPTV provider no longer works, that is not our problem, complain with your provider or with Mediaportal. You are barking up the wrong tree...

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #28 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:36

And if you use a Xtrend box, a solution was offered. Just use old drivers on PLi 7.
Xtrend boxes aren’t support anymore. We can’t do anything as the drivers are closed source.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: MediaPortal dependencies problem. #29 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:46

For the record. once and for all...we have NEVER asked you to do anything...we just asked a simple question and you have constantly veered off topic by taking your point over to this thread! Don't worry..we certainly won't ever donate a dime ever again. We may have been fooled once but we're not idiots!

If it bothers you so much, contact our treasurer via treasurer<at>openpli.org, I am sure he will accomodate you in reversing the payment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users