Audiopip zap ?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Re: Audiopip zap ? #21 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2016 - 18:26

BUT PiPServiceRelation Plugin has a DreamBox only license ...

Here we go again: how idiotic can a license be? And how foolish must someone be to even think of such a license? And how more silly must one be to even think of obeying such an foolish idea ....

Re: Audiopip zap ? #22 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2016 - 18:35

What should you expect for a plugin created by Gutemine....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Audiopip zap ? #23 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2016 - 19:03

Again I only know et9x00. This box also has the limitation AND you can only hear sound from main channel. So only possibility is to make main channel invisible but hearable and show PIP window. If PIP window has the limitation with HD channels, we cannot do anything to fix the problem. It's a HW limitation.

Again are there boxes which can decode audio from PIP channel?

Edited by betacentauri, 3 November 2016 - 19:04.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Audiopip zap ? #24 Lost in Space

• 876 posts

+69
Good

Posted 3 November 2016 - 23:07

Licenses are NOT foolish ideas as you call it - without GPL and other Open Licenses you could close your shop.

And PipServiceRelation Plugin has a fully open license but only limited for Dreambox Hardware. This is the Author's (Dr. Best's) decision and not MINE.

When I used it as basis code for my own service Relation Plugin I fully accepted that I had to keep this license from the author and I would advice you to show the same respect!

Therefore please stop writing nonsense or show disrespect of other people's decisons.

You are welcome to create a much better plugin - or solve the problem in a nicer/better way, but I was the FIRST who showed how easy to implement this functionality and the basic solution is still valid and widely used.

There is no real limitation on HD in PiP - it is only that some boxes have only 1 Video decoder capable for HD, but as long as you get an SD channel as the alternative Audio source it would still work if you know how (and I even told you).

Technically you could even extract the audio stream in software and use the alsa device to play it (so a second tuner would be sufficient), but off course it is easier with a box fully capable of PIP - because you might face other issues when doing it in software.

gutemine

Edited by gutemine, 3 November 2016 - 23:09.

Re: Audiopip zap ? #25 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2016 - 23:32

Imagine the best song ever writen, his author requires to be played only on Stradivarius.

Sounds (ehhh not sounds at all....) silly.

Now back to license:

# This plugin is licensed under the Creative Commons
# Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported
# License. To view a copy of this license, visit
# http://creativecommo...s/by-nc-sa/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative
# Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.
#
# Alternatively, this plugin may be distributed and executed on hardware which
# is licensed by Dream Multimedia GmbH.

# This plugin is NOT free software. It is open source, you are allowed to
# modify it (if you keep the license), but it may not be commercially
# distributed other than under the conditions noted above.

The plugin is licenced with Creative Commons and in the link says the following:

You are free to:

Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material

The licensor cannot revoke these freedoms as long as you follow the license terms.

Under the following terms:

Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.

NonCommercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.

ShareAlike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.

No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.

Where in Creative Commons indicates Dreambox only? Why I should follow the "Alternatively" part? It's not "Additionally".

Please somebody to explain (without the need to get a Master in Law) what this license says.

Edited by athoik, 3 November 2016 - 23:33.

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Audiopip zap ? #26 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2016 - 06:28

Licenses are NOT foolish ideas as you call it - without GPL and other Open Licenses you could close your shop.

If you would have cared to read what I wrote you might have noticed that I never talked about any normal license in general terms....

And PipServiceRelation Plugin has a fully open license but only limited for Dreambox Hardware. This is the Author's (Dr. Best's) decision and not MINE.

Exactly that makes it an extremely foolish license.

When I used it as basis code for my own service Relation Plugin I fully accepted that I had to keep this license from the author and I would advice you to show the same respect!

Oh, but I do, as does PLi and several other image teams (but by far not all). But it's the same respect as we show for someone who ignores a red traffic light.....

Re: Audiopip zap ? #27 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2016 - 10:42

BUT PiPServiceRelation Plugin has a DreamBox only license ...

gutemine

not true

according to its license you can /non-commercially/ use this plugin on any hardware

(putting aside the fact that using CC for software is quite odd, and even creative commons recommends against it;
but whatever, license is license...)
True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Audiopip zap ? #28 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 23 June 2018 - 15:42

Has anybody managed to get this to work recently? I can'd do it on a HD51 (mode12) and solo 4k.

The PiP modes available are:

Standard

Cascade PiP

Splitscreen

Side by Side

Big PiP

Re: Audiopip zap ? #29 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2018 - 16:52

Hd51 has too limited hardware for this... actually bigpio should do it

Edited by littlesat, 23 June 2018 - 16:53.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Audiopip zap ? #30 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 23 June 2018 - 17:18

actually bigpio should do it

I am afraid it does not. Anything else I can try?

Re: Audiopip zap ? #31 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2018 - 17:49

As already said it is a hw limitation. Or less likely a driver problem.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Audiopip zap ? #32 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 23 June 2018 - 19:00

No, hardware limitation. The bcm7251 in the hd51 is a budget SoC.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Audiopip zap ? #33 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 25 June 2018 - 16:16

Surely not displaying video and only playing audio is less burden on the SOC?

Not working on Solo 4K either.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) using Forum Fiend v1.3.3.

Re: Audiopip zap ? #34 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 25 June 2018 - 17:03

From what I remember the problem was on the driver side, for the main screen we had a Video and Audio "socket" created (sorry I am not too technical on this area so I try to explain with my own words), on the PiP windows most driver simply create the Video "socket" and no Audio socket at all (they don't consider that we need audio for PiP).

So it was not possible to select audio socket from the PiP windows since it doesn't exist.

The ET9x00 was one of the only box that always create sockets for Audio and Video both for main and for the PiP screen so it was possible to toggle song by selecting the right audio socket.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Audiopip zap ? #35 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 26 June 2018 - 18:54

Surely not displaying video and only playing audio is less burden on the SOC?
Not working on Solo 4K either.

The SoC of the solo4k has the same limitation. Not because it's budget, but because it was the first 4K SoC from Broadcom.

Playing audio and video is not something the CPU has anything to do with. I am not familiar with the details (because they're heavily NDA), but the overall concept is that the A/V section of the section has a certain maximum bandwidth and a certain amount of channels (that can be used to transport like anything and can be bonded as well, if I understood correctly). A video decoder needs a certain amount of bandwidth to operate. Apparently it also needs more bandwidth when the size is bigger and/or the location is more the right/bottom hand side. So the PiP decoder cannot be enlarged or located random at will, certain combination would require too much bandwidth on the SoC.

Back to your first comment: the SoC has just one audio decoder and it's linked to the first video decoder. You cannot have audio with the second video decoder, simple as that.

You may be confused by the quadpip function, that seems to have four audio decoders, but it only seems like that, all audio device nodes connect to just one audio decoder, in the end, so you can just listen to one service at a time. The difference is that this audio decoder can be connected to any of the four video decoders, which non-quadpip decoders can't do (nor can the quadpip decoders when not in quadpip mode).

The SoC in the ET9x00, indeed, was the only SoC that could decode two audio streams in parallel, which I already mentioned.

So, conclusion. If you want to have audio of the second decoder, you can't. If you try to work around it trying to enlarge the PiP window to full screen, only a handful of receivers can do it. But it won't buy you much, as the second video decoder (PiP) is free-running, it's not synchronised to any audio, so audio and video will always be several seconds apart.

Edited by Erik Slagter, 26 June 2018 - 18:57.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users