• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 radar

• 92 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2016 - 16:28

Hi,

I have a Samsung TV, the UE48H6400, and an  Onkyo audio Home Theater receiver, the TX-SR508. I have an Apple TV 4 and a Vu Duo running OpenPli, both connected with HDMI to the Onkyo, which is connected to the TV with an HDMI cable.

I can control my Apple TV with my TV remote thanks to HDMI-CEC. I choose the right Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC name by Samsung) device and the Onkyo switches to the right input, then it works.

I wanted to have the same behaviour with the Vu Duo but it does not work entirely. The main issue concerns switching the Onkyo to the right input when I select the Vu Duo which has no effect. If I switch on the Onkyo to the right input, then I can control it fine. Also, when I switch off my tv, it switches off the Onkyo but not the Vu Duo.

So what are the settings I need to put in order to:

1. Switch on the Vu Duo when I switch to its input entry on the Onkyo
  2. Switch off the Vu Duo when I switch to another input entry on the Onkyo
  3. Switch off the Vu Duo when I switch off the Onkyo

I hope my questions are clear. Thank you very much for the help you can provide.

Re: HDMI-CEC configuration issues #2 ROMAN42

• 135 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 November 2016 - 16:37

I think that any of yours requiarments will work, couse Onkyo have simply hdmi cec controls :(

Sony OLED 83' A90J  :wub: Panasonic UHD UB9000 , ONKYO TX-NR929, HOME CINEMA 9.1 , VU+ DUO 4K SE ,VU+ Ultimo 4K Full config,  180 cm Parabolic DISH/ Dual LNB -  Full orbit 75E-45W    , 80 cm offset dish with unicable LNB for Hot Bird.  Humax Icord HD , DUNE HD Max Vision 4K.

Re: HDMI-CEC configuration issues #3 radar

• 92 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 14 November 2016 - 16:44

I'm not I got what you mean.

If the Onkyo is on the Vu Duo input and I choose on the TV to access the Apple TV, then the Onkyo switches to the right entry. But the contrary does not work.

Also, if the Apple TV is in stand-by mode and I want to use it, then it is switched on.

Edited by radar, 14 November 2016 - 16:45.

Re: HDMI-CEC configuration issues #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,047 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 November 2016 - 18:38

Hi,

You need to play with all the option to find the one that work properly with your TV and Onkyo HT.

Here is the setup that I used with Solo 4K - Onkyo HT - Sony TV.

Attached File  HDMI-CEC.jpg   67.81KB   19 downloads

The problem is that you don't have to think that each option works like expected in HDMI-CEC setup, so enabling everything is often not the best solution.

When trying to find the right setup I sometimes needs to unplug the HDMI cable and plug it again or totally cut the power on everything and start everything (cold start) to be sure that the setup is correct.

Regards,

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: HDMI-CEC configuration issues #5 radar

• 92 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 15 November 2016 - 10:08

Thank you pr2. I'll try your settings and keep in mind your advices.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hdmi cec

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users