Vu+ LCD setup/config

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 December 2016 - 21:28

where is the LCD config file buried? I like the PLi's setup (Im not gonna bother to mess with the LCDforLinux)... its simple and does all I need however I'd like to tweak it just a bit for my solo4k

sometimes when there is a long event or media it's just not easy to read - I'd like to separate the two lines a bit more or maybe even make it one line and cut the rest (too bad if it won't fit)

beside that (there is enough space) I'd like to make the font under the progress bar a bit bigger

so where is it buried? ;)

Vu+ Duo, Solo2, Solo4K OpenPLi
CN: DM800Se, SoloPro, Duo, Solo2Se, Solo2 Lonrisun & Sunray, Zgemma Star H.2S

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 25 December 2016 - 22:04

Hi,

Have a look inside:

/usr/share/enigma2/skin_display.xml

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #3 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 25 December 2016 - 22:11

thanks

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #4 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:41

I tweaked what I wanted ;)

will it get overwritten after upgrade?

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 27 December 2016 - 10:45

I think there is a place to put your customized file where it will not be overwritten during update and it will be used by default but I don't remember where to place it by heart.

Probably someone else can tell it.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #6 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 27 December 2016 - 19:59

hmm.. not sure about that.. If that would be a custom skin I could put it into my own folder.. but this is part of the PLi's skin settings which gets overwritten every time there is an upgrade

I could block the file from any changes but don't want to do that.. so I can either make a script to change those setting or do it manually.. 

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #7 mymon

• 145 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:24

update.. 

the solution for this is to save the skin_display.xml as skin_user.xml in /etc/enigma2

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #8 Ruben26

• 9 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:55

Does somebody know if it's also possible to put a constant stream on this display? For example the live feed of an IP-cam?

Re: Vu+ LCD setup/config #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 January 2017 - 20:39

Depend on what model. On the duo2 nothing whatsoever, not connected to the DVB subsystem. On the solo4k, you can display everything you put on the main screen, but it doesn't have it's own decoder.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users