download vu zero

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ferko

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:12

Hi Guys,

I really appreciate your work. With your software i realy have a stable STB.

I understand that there are some issues with the current version of the images.

I have a Vu+ Zero and Vu+ Duo2

I have updated by accident my Vu+ Zero to the latest version directly from the STB, so i saw not the warning to not update. from now my tuner is not working correctly.

My setup is a 4 LNBs (dual) with a 2 Diseqc 2.0 4 port switches. I can only use only one of the LNB's now  with the Vu+ Zero (Port D). I thought first that it's something wrong with the Diseqc switch so i replaced it with a new one. i also switched the 2 LNB ports and tried with another STB vu+ Duo2.  it's all working. So i quess it's not related to the switch, LNB or cable. 

My question is.

Is there a way to downgrade via the STB or i need to reinstall via the USB. Is there any way i can download an older version of the Vu+ Zero. If i understand correctly the version before 2016-12-26 was working correctly.

I see only newer versions (2017) in the download sections.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Best Regards,

Ferko

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2017 - 14:01

What warning? As far as I know there is nothing wrong with the current image, I've updated all my boxes this morning without any problem?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #3 Ferko

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 January 2017 - 15:46

Hi WanWizard,

I have maybe misunderstand the topics cause i'm new on the forum.

On the forum thread https://forums.openp...-traffic-light/

was the following posted:

Posted 8 January 2017 - 11:01

Due to an error in all images it's recommended not to update. The solution is being worked at. 

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2017 - 15:49

Yes. That was 11 days ago.

If it is recommended not to update, this message will appear on our homepage (in the sidebar), on all download pages (if you want to download to flash a new image), and on your box when you select "software update". If you don't see this message, it either means there is no problem, or nobody reported a problem yet. ;)

If you want to be absolutely safe, install the backupsuite plugin. It can make a one-on-one backup of your box, on a USB stick, so you can always restore the previous situation in case something goes wrong.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #5 Ferko

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 January 2017 - 18:35

Hi WanWizzard.

You are right. i have learned today also something. I was wrong about the effects of the updates. They are all OK. It was a coincidence, and i fixed it.

I'm so glad that there is a way to fully backup the box. I didn't know only about the settings. i have tested it and it's working like a charm.

Thanks for all the advice and tips. 

Great to know that there are so many people who are willing to share the info.

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #6 Phill

• 13 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 January 2017 - 17:13

Yes,something is wrong with the update dd 18/19. 01.2017 for Vu+ Solo SE V2. I did an update on 19.01.2017. In the morning and all I get is green screen and constant loop. Since I was going on the trip and I,m still out of my home so I didn't bother to fix this, but few minutes ago I check the forum discussion to see what went wrong with this update and I saw moderator post that everything is OK, sorry but it is not OK. I,m turning back home on 25.01.2017. and as I can see it I will have exciting day.

Where does it go, when it's gone ?

VU+SoloSE V2

Re: Download older versions of OpenPLI #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,544 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 January 2017 - 13:54

If you have green screens, you have an error message, and you have an error report in a file on the box.

See if this error is already reported, and if not, create a new topic to report it. Chances are it is totally unrelated to the rest of this topic.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: download, vu zero

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users