13 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 1 February 2017 - 23:35

Hi,

Starting a paused timeshift then after a while I start the playback so I have a delay with the live channel.

To move in the timeshift I always used "jump" keys backward: 1,4,7 and forward: 3,6,9.

When I am back to Live using the forward keys while the timeshift is still running there is message on screen to mention that Timeshift is now Live.

But when I have this message it is no longer possible to use the back "jump" key 1,4,7, those keys are back to "normal" zap mode, so I have a prompt to ask me what to do.

But the normal rewind key (<<)  is working.

I think that it is a mistake to disable the back "jump" keys when timeshift is back to Live. Since we are still in Timeshift the "jump" keys should still be active.

Why? Because if I reach Live show using the jump key and if I need to go back in the timeshift because I jump too long forwared, it is natural to use the opposite jump key, and this is no longer possible.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 07:49

Yep press pauze to go back in timeshift and the numberzap is enabled again

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 09:15

This is just a work-around not a real solution.  ;)

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 11:34

When you're in 'live-mode' the number zap is re-enabled again... That is as it is now...

In Live mode you're watching normal TV, that is why numberzap is re-enabled again..But of course we can deside in live mode to keep in 'play a timeshift' mode...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 13:34

When you are in timeshift, and there are advertisements and you decide to skip them with jump forward key but you jump too far and came back to Live Mode it sounds logical to be able to jump backward immediately without using the pause trick.

This is not logical to change the key behavior when we are back in "Live mode" since yes we are in Live mode but timeshift is still running so jump keys should work.

I was lucky to have enabled the pop-up to ask what to do when zapping with timeshift active otherwhise I would have zap to another channel and totally lose my timeshift!

And I think that this option is not enabled by default, so people will lose there timeshift.

When I use the timeshift and I am back to Live channel this means in my case that I no longer needs timeshift so I stop it. Then the keys are back to normal zap mode.

If you are in timeshift and press the jump key and you have in mind to zap this doesn't arm at all, they will just skip backward in the timeshift so you can decide to stop it to be able to zap.

But somebody in timeshift will lose it's timeshift if he doesn't enable the pop-up: this is abnormal!

Pr2

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 13:44

I think you touches the 'paralax' there exits here... In live mode you should not be able to skip anymore -and- in live mode you should be able to skip...???

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 17:58

I reach the live mode by jumping forward so I need to be able to jump backward immediately.

And yes even in live mode you should be able to skip backward, what is so strange about this?  Since timeshift is running all normal function expected while timeshift is enable should work.

So skip backward should be possible. The behavior should remains constant when timeshift is enable, and not changing just because you are back in Live mode, in my case I reach Live mode without really willing to come back to Live mode, I was just looking at the end of the advertisements while I was in timeshift.

if you want to make it smart, then detect that Live mode is reached by jumping then keep backward jumping keys enable in this case, so people can use the timeshift jump in a smart way.

I guess that this zap enable mode is created for people using permanant timeshift... that I personnally never use... so you can also detect if permanant timeshift is set then zap otherwhise jump.

So you have many possibilities to improve this (strange) behavior.

But keep also in mind that people that doesn't ask to have a pop-up when zapping while timeshift is on, will lose there timeshift... for me this is the main reason to forbid direct zap when timeshift is on.

Pr2

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 18:10

In live mode actually timeshift is not running anymore... You're watching live TV.... this does not mean a recording is still ongoing.... And to make it smart is complicated.... you already mentioned the permanent timeshift....

So it sounds easy and logically... but actually it isn;t....

Edited by littlesat, 2 February 2017 - 18:12.

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,083 posts

+258
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 20:28

Please test, start a timeshift pause it wait then skip to reach the Live you will have a message on screen that the Timeshift is now Live and of course that timeshift is still recording!

Otherwise it would have been impossible for me to use the rewind key to come back in the timeshift. Or to use again the "pause" key to have a small timeshift and then being able to rewind.

So you are wrong when we have the message that we are back to live while in timeshift, it is still recording, another clue in live mode you press stop it ask to save the timeshift (when enabled).

If people enable permanent timeshift it is logical that they can use the jump keys to come back in the the timeshift... so permanent timeshift is not a real problem and behavior should be consistent in every usage case.

Then make it configurable, or the easiest and more transparent one: no permanent timeshift enabled in configuration, then the jump key are always active, no more zap because we are back to Live timeshift.

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 2 February 2017 - 20:57

It is not easily solvable.... But I'm afraid you do not see it... 

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2017 - 08:08

Still no real solution? I can try as long the live tv Message is visible to keep the stepskip enabled...

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #12 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,039 posts

+339
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2017 - 08:18

Maybe for test...

enigma2-plugin-systemplugins-extnumberzap

"Behavior when timeshift is enabled"

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #13 ColinB

• 743 posts

+28
Good

Posted 3 February 2017 - 11:45

I think you touches the 'paralax' there exits here... In live mode you should not be able to skip anymore -and- in live mode you should be able to skip...???

I have my settings at 10, 30 & 300. -10 for going back to "what did they say ?", +30 being "good for jumping ads etc". 300+/- "get past the boring bit or I need to see that again"

The Point I believe is the user should Not get to "Live Mode" by skipping to (3,6,9) without a Warning. Or even better not leave timeshift without EXIT

Edited by ColinB, 3 February 2017 - 11:46.

Xtrend et8000 7.1-Release

2 x 8/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 23e 28e   

Astrometa USB Tuner Working DVB-T2 now on Kernel 4.10+  ;)

WD10EARX 1TB

Sandisk 32GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

ZGemma Star S 7.0-Release

4/1 DiSEqC  30w 13e 19e 28e

Sandisk 8GB USB for AFB, EPG, Picons & Timeshift

LG 49UH610V UHD-HDR

UHF/Cable/Sat

E-Channelizer

Re: 1,4,7 keys when timeshift is Live #14 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,342 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 3 February 2017 - 12:10

Now we already see a different solution... And also something doubtful... Then next question... how many seconds do you want to 'hang' in the timeshift when you skipped 'over' live mode.... (remember zero seconds hanging is live mode)...

The whole timeshift functionality is crap from the beginning... Everything you think about is somehow a work-a-round... That was why I thought about as long you see the message live mode allow the stepskip (backwards....)... no settings required and it has 'some' logic...

But first I do not know -IF- (step)skipping can work in live mode...

Let's sleep on it... 

Edited by littlesat, 3 February 2017 - 12:13.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users