Photo

EPG for IPTV-only

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 schiff1108

• 1 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 February 2017 - 18:53

I have a DM7020hd which I used to use as a cable receiver with PVR. Perfect.
Just for German free-TV stations. Fully enough for me and my familiy.

Recently, we moved to a new home without any possibility for cable or sat connectivity.

I signed an IPTV contract with Deutsche Telekom (EntertainTV - rtp-stream) and use DVB-T to get the EPG data (following the concept of using the same service ref) and to watch Eurosport.

As we know, Germany will move by end March to DVB-T2. Meaning that my "solution" will not work anymore.

As I really would love to stay with my good DM7020HD I am looking for an alternative solution to feed epg-data into that box. For Eurosport I would use the EurosportPlayer or do something else .....

I hope that I will find here a solution.

Have already tried to install EPGimport. But the box is not booting anymore.

1. Is there any plugin available, which works on my box with native OS?

Where can I get it?

2. would you recommend to move to openpli to get a stable solution?

is openPli supporting rtp streams?

3. can I get a list of all german service refs to validate and to maintain the IPTV channels (through dreamboxEdit)

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 17,013 posts

+639
Excellent

Posted 4 February 2017 - 04:40

Looked at an OpenPLi for DM7020HD and did not find one.  So this route is not avaialble.

For the DreamOS, gutemine has adapted the importer.  Only he does not provide a sources file.  (due to a misconception from his side - an the bad relations he has with OpenPLi)

You can find his plug-in for DreamOs here:  http://www.oozoon-bo...light=epgimport

See PM

Willy

Edited by doglover, 4 February 2017 - 04:42.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #3 yousif666

• 110 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2017 - 17:42

I tried it on dreamOS and unfortunately it wont work with IPTV channels as it only import channels that have a serviceref in lamedb otherwise it wont work, witch means if the channels are are available on sat and can be received by sattelite and the same channels you have in IPTV then the EPG will show up.

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #4 doubledip

• 334 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2017 - 18:38

It is the same plugin, it should work. You do not need dvb-t or any entries in lamedb to get epg for iptv channels with epgimport.

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #5 yousif666

• 110 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 21 February 2017 - 23:48

i tried it, and even had a discussion in the EPG Import thread on oozoon forum, the thing is that epg import was ported to DreamOS and uses epg.db, and only the services that are available in lamedb will be added to the database, even with setting each IPTV channel with the referenceID it wont work as it see it as unknown channel unless it was received via satellite.

Edited by yousif666, 21 February 2017 - 23:50.

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #6 doubledip

• 334 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 24 February 2017 - 15:05

Thanks for the explanation, I was not aware of this.

I only know the openpli epgimport version from feed and it is pretty easy to assign epg to iptv channels with this one.

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #7 yousif666

• 110 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 February 2017 - 23:33

with openpli image it works great, but on OE2.5, its different even when epg import is ported to OE2.5, although the EPG will show up if you have the channels in the box, even if not assigned in tuner configuration but it will work since in EPG Import in OE2.5 its using epg.db instead of epg.dat, and it looks for dvbnamespace, sid, tsid... that is only available in a sat channel, so if the channels on IPTV service ref assigned to these channels epg import will find them and store them in the database witch is epg.db.

at least that is the only way i have got the EPG to show up on the IPTV channels.

Regards.

Edited by yousif666, 28 February 2017 - 23:33.

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 February 2017 - 23:38

this should not be difficult.... When we arrange to create unique numbers in the service reference for specific services....

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #9 yousif666

• 110 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 March 2017 - 01:50

this should not be difficult.... When we arrange to create unique numbers in the service reference for specific services....

Actually yes, i dont know why i didn't think of that in the first place  ;)

I added the channels that are not linked to any provider and included them in a random provider and mapped the channel reference and it did work.

Many thanks littlesat  B)

Re: EPG for IPTV-only #10 doubledip

• 334 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 2 March 2017 - 23:50

can you please explain what you did with an example?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users