How do they do that?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pedro_Newbie

• 4,631 posts

+225
Excellent

Posted 18 February 2017 - 11:47

Last day I bought some very expensive  :P  RS232 board (€ 1.87 or $ 1.99 incl. shipping & handling) to use for my Mutant HD51
image.jpg

The shipping took a while but when it arrived I immediately opened my HD51 and connected the corresponding wires.

When I wanted to connect the male connector to the board it didn't fit. When I looked at the connector it seemed odd, when I looked closer I saw they assembled the steel plate upside down.

I didn't expected it would fit but they done it :D

false_connector.png

After some "reparation" it look much better and not unimportant it also worked like a charm.
corrected_connector.png

Re: How do they do that? #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2017 - 20:24

LOL, yeah that's exactly the kind of surprise you can expect for that money. Actually I think they're selling failed batches that way on purpose, very cheap.

I once bought a package of 100 well-known darlington bipolair transistors for less then 5 euro's (including p&p). It appears that the pins are connected the wrong way around (emitter / collector are swapped). Besides that, they work like a charm. I can never assure that they're actually the well-known model they're sold for, but they're really darlingtons, with the very high hFE (> 10.000, checked).

Edited by Erik Slagter, 23 February 2017 - 17:41.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: How do they do that? #3 40H3X

• Forum Moderator
    PLi® Contributor
  • 5,790 posts

+186
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:12

:) LOL

Hardware: Vu+ Uno 4K SE - Vu+ Duo 4K  - Fuba 78 cm - Tripleblock LNB Quad 19.2/23.5/28.2 - DS918+
Software : OpenPLi - OSCam - Settings van Hans - Autotimer - EPGImport

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember: Upvote with the rep_up.png button for any user/post you find to be helpful, informative, or deserving of recognition!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki

Note: I do not provide support via PM !.

Re: How do they do that? #4 DrData

• 99 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 23 February 2017 - 18:03

its a chinese limited edition :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users