Photo

Ultimo 4k - some remarks

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2017 - 19:34

I have several remarks related to Ultimo 4K. Because I cannot find  available topic in English section I started new one.

1) recognition and displaying of tuners

At this moment I have 19 tuners (letters A-S), 2 FBC cards, 1 double DVB-T2 card and 1 usb tuner. OLED in
stand-by mode shows all tuners, but in normal mode I can see only shadowed tuner S. When it is chosen it
is yellow on OLED. Nothing else. It looks ok in configurations, OSD and in OpenWebif interface. There is
no problem on Solo 4K with 11 tuners as well.

2) worse SNR

I used Solo 4K almost a year, now I have bought Ultimo 4K and I have it for two weeks. Roughly from
December I observed approx. 3 db SNR drop on Solo 4K, but the same it is with Ultimo 4K now. Till that time Solo 4K
had better SNR than Solo2 which I use as a reference in this case. Solo2 has SNR stable and without any change
for a long time. There are some fluctuations according to weather of course. Could it be a problem with
configuration of unicable devices? OpenPLI announced complete JESS support in December.

3) few shortcomings

It is not possible to view running program now (black screen) when record of it is running.  When recording starts
or stops screen freezes. This appeared for the first time several days ago.

4) slightly different observation

For universal lnb there is no parameter named "position", for unicable there is. I had enormous problems with
Spaun uncommited diseq switch when using legacy (universal) outputs from Inverto Unicable switch for two satellites.
When I use unicable output through this Spaun diseq switch with "position" setup everything is ok then. Could
"position" be applied for universal lnb as well or somehow incorporated to unicable setup? It is not too much
used but such a possibility exists for some unicable switches for 2 or more satellites with legacy outputs.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2017 - 21:35

1) As far as I understood this changes if there is no room available anymore, so it is dynamic, depending on the space available in the (display) skin, and the number of tuners.

2) Is the reception actually worse, or is the number displayed just lower. We know the VU standard tuners are more sensitive than the FBC tuners. The SNR is calculated with a translation table, so it isn't reliable.

3) There is an issue in the current image with CI module allocation to tuners. It is already fixed, so wait for the next update. In the meantime, there's a workaround posted.

4) Pass. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #3 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 March 2017 - 22:18

1) I tried standard skins from image and as I understand what OLED shows goes from image as well. Would it be difficult to display only active tuners there as it is in OSD? It would satisfy me a lot. In such a case there should be room enough.

2) Signal is really weakened  because Ultimo 4K loses signal sooner than Solo2 in bad weather. Source is the same dish. Till December it was opposite. Solo 4k behaved itself the same way. I have checked everything and finally it leads to tuners. Solo 4K went to my friend who had Solo2 and he observes similar drop.

3) Thanks

4) I solved it for myself. Before I came to recent solution I checked diseq switches and Solo2 and still did not know what is wrong. I wrote it to you only to have overall solution for all.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,619 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 12 March 2017 - 23:32

1. It should automatically switch from "all letters" to "only active letters" as soon as "all" doesn't fit anymore. Given the fact that it seems to go wrong on the last letter, perhaps the space in the xml is defined slightly to big for the display. If @littlesat reads this, he might be able to address it.
  2. Then it can only be the driver, we don't do anything with the hardware, signal goes directly from tuner to SoC to HDMI interface, no software is involved in that path.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 09:47

2) I already observed some time ago that the VU+ single and dual tuners are higher quality (in terms of signal processing) than the FBC tuners. It's a hardware limitation. Completely besides the reported values, which can't really be compared anyway.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:02

Most skins have only 4 tuner letters (and used raws of code in the skin xml for that)....

Only the skins that support the tuner letters as string can show more letters than 4. Our basic skins are configured to show it as optimal as possible. Indeed when not all available letters do fit it switches back to the used tuners only. The available room where we put this bunch of letters is limited (left side from the Infobar)... so the way the skin was designed it will never fit unless we find a different location, but you must keep in mind it should be universal for all other receiver that have less tuners...

Edited by littlesat, 13 March 2017 - 11:02.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 13:59

Hi,

Just my 2 cents, I don't have FBC setup for DVB-S2 but I have 2*DVB-C tuner in my Solo4K.

So my available tuners are:  A,B,I,J . (C to H are FBC automatic and are displayed as Disabled) but skin displayed the full bunch of tuner from A to J this is useless since tuners from C to H will never be used on my setup. So there is perhaps a skin improvement to be done there.

Or foreseen an option to disable the tuner, I only have 2 options for the "useless" virtual tuner (FBC Automatic or FBC SCR (Unicable/JESS)).

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #8 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2017 - 14:16

1) @littlesat

I append OLED picture. It seems to me that there is enough room from picon till "S"  in this row bellow time data. Problem is there is nothing else except this "S" but at least more letters should be there. In fact Solo 4K was able to display 11 letters (tuners) at the same place. You should bear in mind that Ultimo 4K could have theoretically 22 tuners (16 FBC, 2 in third slot, and two duals in usb's on the back), practically nobody will have them I guess. Please please try to solve it.

https://photos-1.dro...536&size_mode=3

2) @ Erik

I can agree with you but I obtained for a half of year different results. I can live with it. Anyway I expected that you (OpenPLI team) could do something with it.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #9 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,022 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 14:18

2) I already observed some time ago that the VU+ single and dual tuners are higher quality (in terms of signal processing) than the FBC tuners.

Yes, I also noted this.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #10 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 13 March 2017 - 15:12

Hi Pr2,

you do not use DVB-S2 at all? If yes what happens if you also disable tuner A and B? If no then C-H will be used automatically they are not disabled.

ciao

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #11 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,075 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 15:54

Hi,

Of course I am using DVB-S2 tuner A and B.

A is connected to universal LNB and B is loopback from A. I have only 1 satellite cable on the Solo4K.

A & B are physical tuners, while C to H are logical FBC tuners. So I cannot disable tuner A or B, and configure C has a "physical" standard tuner, since C to H are for FBC and nothing else.

I & J are my 2 DVB-C tuners.

So in my setup only letters: A,B,I,J are used, all the other ones will always remains greyed out.

So with a dynamic approach of the tuner letters, I think that we have enough space in skin and LCD to display really used tuner and drop tuner that will never be used for sure.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #12 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2017 - 16:43

1) @littlesat

I append OLED picture. It seems to me that there is enough room from picon till "S"  in this row bellow time data. Problem is there is nothing else except this "S" but at least more letters should be there. In fact Solo 4K was able to display 11 letters (tuners) at the same place. You should bear in mind that Ultimo 4K could have theoretically 22 tuners (16 FBC, 2 in third slot, and two duals in usb's on the back), practically nobody will have them I guess. Please please try to solve it.

https://photos-1.dro...536&size_mode=3

2) @ Erik

I can agree with you but I obtained for a half of year different results. I can live with it. Anyway I expected that you (OpenPLI team) could do something with it.

38444304_img_oled.jpg

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 19:23

So my available tuners are:  A,B,I,J . (C to H are FBC automatic and are displayed as Disabled) but skin displayed the full bunch of tuner from A to J this is useless since tuners from C to H will never be used on my setup. So there is perhaps a skin improvement to be done there.

How are you so sure they will never be used? And they should be displayed as "automatic", not as "disabled", anyway.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 19:24

2) @ Erik

If only that were possible...

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #15 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 13 March 2017 - 19:34

Hi Pr2,

I think you did not understand FBC fully. Even with only 1 cable and without unicable you still have 8 tuner. These tuner are bound to the first sat band in use but you still can record from up to 8 different transponder on this band. They are not disabled they are only not used at the moment.

ciao

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #16 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2017 - 19:40

3) @WanWizard

As you wrote yesterday this is solved after update.

But I have something more. Unfortunatelly I observe freezing screen when streaming starts from usb dvb-t. Sometimes switching between chanels is enough to get rid of it, sometimes I have to switch receiver off and on. Has drivers for it913x been changed?

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #17 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2017 - 20:57

It is heavier. I have checked all possible ways of streaming and I found that screen freezes even in streamig from dvb-s2 and dvb-t2. And it is when streaming starts or stops as well. I will stop writing now and I will install image from the scratch tommorow.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #18 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 21:41

As far I know you can put 2 FBC tuners in the Ultimo... the third slot is different.... So you have 18 tuners max... I do I make a mistake here...?

When you have indeed more tuners (24) could you please check the /usr/share/enigma/skin_display.xml file and try to adapt the tuner string results by changing size... allow more letters...

As far I can see I allow now 24 letters there....

<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="Label" position="240,102" size="540,50" halign="right" valign="bottom" font="FdLcD;42">
  <convert type="FrontendInfo">STRING,24,0</convert>
</widget>

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #19 nemosince1996

• 79 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 March 2017 - 22:45

<widget source="session.FrontendInfo" render="Label" position="240,102" size="540,50" halign="right" valign="bottom" font="FdLcD;36">
  <convert type="FrontendInfo">STRING,24,0</convert>
</widget>

I have only changed font size and that's it. All tuners are there. Thank you, littlesat.

Re: Ultimo 4k - some remarks #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,274 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 13 March 2017 - 22:56

But can't you try to make it wider....?  e.g. position="180,102" size="600,50"  Aren't the letters now not too small????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users