• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2017 - 08:01

Hello,

In the living room I have a Mut@nt HD2400 with 2x DVB-S (tuners A and B) and 2x DVB-C (tuners C and D)

In the bedroom I have another HD2400 with 2x DVB-C (tuners A and B)

I mostly watch in the bedroom also with remote streaming (so I can use the channellist with also DVB-S channels in it) and the tuners in the bedroom are almost never used.

Sometimes there are2 DVB-C recordings running so all DVB-C tuners are occupied. Would it be possible to appoint the 2 tuners in the bedroom as tuners E and F in the living room reciever?

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #2 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2017 - 09:07

Hi,

You simply need to define your bedroom HD2400 has remote fallback STB on the one in the living room, so when all the tuners will be busy it will automatically try to use the one from the bedroom.

Setup > System -> Customize > Fallback remote receiver URL

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #3 Dream1975

• 1,626 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2017 - 10:14

That sounds easy. I'm gonna try it thx

Edited by Dream1975, 4 April 2017 - 10:17.

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #4 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2017 - 10:27

Beside this arrange that the settings of the channels and services are the same...

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #5 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2017 - 13:12

Hi,

You simply need to define your bedroom HD2400 has remote fallback STB on the one in the living room, so when all the tuners will be busy it will automatically try to use the one from the bedroom.

Setup > System -> Customize > Fallback remote receiver URL

Pr2

Does this work both ways?
The description in the setting is not Clear to me on this.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2017 - 13:20

What do you mean "both ways"?

The box you define the fallback URL on is the client, the box the URL points to is the server. If you want them to be each others backup, you have to do this on both boxes. But be careful, you could get into an endless loop, if both boxes don't have any tuners available. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #7 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 4 April 2017 - 17:44

What do you mean "both ways"?

The box you define the fallback URL on is the client, the box the URL points to is the server. If you want them to be each others backup, you have to do this on both boxes. But be careful, you could get into an endless loop, if both boxes don't have any tuners available. ;)

Main box (living) has 2 DVB-S and 2 DVB-C. I want that box to use the tuner(s) in the bedroom (2 DVB-S and 1 DVB-C) because all recordings are made at the box in the living (biggest harddisk).

So if I define both, pointing to eachother, there can be a loop. So the above seems the smartest.

If I understand correctly I have to point the bedroom box to the living room box and disable tghis configuration in the living room box. Correct?

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 4 April 2017 - 18:16

It is default disabled, and there is no fallback URL defined, so you actively have to do something to enable it.

In tbe bedroom box, enable it, and enter the IP of the livingroom box as fallback, the box will convert it to a URL for you. You can test if it works by temporarily define all local tuners as "not connected".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #9 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 5 April 2017 - 13:34

It is default disabled, and there is no fallback URL defined, so you actively have to do something to enable it.

In tbe bedroom box, enable it, and enter the IP of the livingroom box as fallback, the box will convert it to a URL for you. You can test if it works by temporarily define all local tuners as "not connected".

Done this. The url created in the bedroom ends with 8001

After disbling all 4 tuners in the livingroom, screen is black.

I see to do something wrong.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2017 - 14:12

I think you misunderstood me. Or I wasn't clear enough.

To test if the URL works (in the bedroom), temporarily disable all tuners IN THE BEDROOM, to force it to use the fallback url. If you disable all tuners in the livingroom, there is  nothing left to fallback to. ;)

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 April 2017 - 14:30

All tuners in the living room must be enabled. It is the tuner from the sleeping room that needs to be disable...

Fallback tuner will take a free tuner from the living room.... 

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #12 malakudi

• 1,449 posts

+69
Good

Posted 5 April 2017 - 15:31

@jort38: You should define bedroom STB as fallback in the livingroom box. Then, if all tuners are occupied, the livingroom box will use tuners from bedroom box. Beware that some boxes cannot record from fallback tuner (I am not sure what is the status for your ET10000).

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #13 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 5 April 2017 - 16:14

@jort38: You should define bedroom STB as fallback in the livingroom box. Then, if all tuners are occupied, the livingroom box will use tuners from bedroom box. Beware that some boxes cannot record from fallback tuner (I am not sure what is the status for your ET10000).

I think you got how I would like this to work!
So now I have added the bedroom's box IP into the remote fall back config and enabled this in the living room.
All tuners in both rooms are enabled. (Littlesat's remark)

In the timerlist (from autotimer plug-in) there is one timer disabled because too many timers on the same time and different quadrant. If I am correct, this timer should enable because it can take an unused tuner from the bedroom.

Fingers crossed.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #14 oldgraf

• 26 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:16

I have two receivers and options "fallback tuner" work fine in enigma2

Why this future not working for http streams ? Run playlist from one receiver in vlc for example

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #15 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:56

If you are watching a HTTP stream you can watch it directly from VLC without the need to have the intermediate STB to "restream" it.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:46

Why this future not working for http streams ?

Why do you need to 'relay' http streams via a different tuner?

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #17 oldgraf

• 26 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2017 - 19:32

For easier settings on setup without tuners. I have two recievres with dual tuners and a few "recievers" without tuners that point only to one of them. And he's in touch with the second one...But nor work

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #18 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2017 - 19:45

You still have to copy all the settings on the client box.... this includes the streams... so the client box will directly plat the stream... You do not need to make that part more complex then required....

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #19 oldgraf

• 26 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 30 May 2017 - 19:57

Let say i have scaned 3 transponders on every of two dual receivers. And have 3 clients without tuner. I want to download to each playlist from one receiver and if the tune to channel on every 3 differend in one time transponder to go. Dont know wich one who channel will watch in time
Thanks

Edited by oldgraf, 30 May 2017 - 19:57.

Re: Use tuners from other device as extra tuners #20 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 30 May 2017 - 20:20

You can only define one and only one fallback tuner, so you have to choose which tuner each client will connect to. The goal was not to cascade STB using fallback tuner capabilities otherwise it will be a no ending story and you will have to manage forever loops.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users