Photo

Telnet / cron script or job to temporary disable tuners?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sambir

• 102 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:44

Hi,

I have an issue with my mutant hd2400. I am using the hardware encoder to stream from the box. And the other tuners are used to stream different channels. The problem is that when the box reboots and all streams are pulled the encoded stream stays black and does not start. This happens because the encoder needs to work first and then deliver the output, which takes more time than just pulling the raw stream. But when I first start the encoded stream followed by the rest than there is no problem at all.

I was thinking about the following solution/workaround:

1. When the box reboots all tuners except tuner A must stay unavailable for X minutes. This will result in that the encoded stream will be pulled succesfully first followed by the rest when the tuners become available. Can this be done using a cron job or over telnet?
2. Only allow one specific stream output for the first X minutes after a reboot (is this possible)
3. A different solution to prioritize stream outputs

4. Or find the reason why the encoded channel stays black/dark when all streams start at the same time and fix it :) but I think it is just a hardware/software limitation (something to do with max demuxers)

Edited by sambir, 20 April 2017 - 07:47.

Re: Telnet / cron script or job to temporary disable tuners? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 20 April 2017 - 16:31

Streaming is just an HTTP request. If you reboot the server, you disconnect the request, there is no automatic reconnect mechanism in HTTP, it is designed to be sessionless...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Telnet / cron script or job to temporary disable tuners? #3 sambir

• 102 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 April 2017 - 06:21

Yea but i always pull the same channels from the box. And the box boots on a specific channel on reboot. So if i would be able to disable tuner b c d for X minutes after reboot then the first stream (which is the stream of the channel which is selected as bootup channel, which is on tuner A) will be working correctly and after a while I can reenable the remaining tuner which will start the rest of the streams. Something like this I am looking for.

Edited by sambir, 22 April 2017 - 06:23.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users