windows xmltv source

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DriverLi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:38

HI Guys, 

Apologies in advance in my title is confusing please allow me to explain.

I require a reliable XMLTV / epg source for Irish & UK channels that will give me a 7 day guide I can update as often as needed (daily) to maintain the 7 day guide, this data will be used to allow my users (web/android/windows) to view tv guide, set favourites, reminders and eventually the app will talk to their set top box to record tv shows they are interested in.

So my question is, can you recommend a reliable xmltv source I can use for this?

I had a look at some “grabbers” and these seem to basically rip listings from the likes of radiotimes.com (they have depreciated this service) – I also asked the press association (these supply radiotimes, news papers with listings but their requirements and prices were out of my reach) etc,i would like to use something like the one my dad has on his set top box that seems really good or maybe you can suggest a better implementation knowing what im trying to do in the form on a windows app or something I can access from a windows machine to give me the xmltv data. I hope im explaining myself well 

Thank you kindly.

Best regards,

Liam.

Re: reiable (windows os) XMLTV EPG for virgin/sky ireland #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:46

Take a look at : http://www.webgrabplus.com/

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: reiable (windows os) XMLTV EPG for virgin/sky ireland #3 DriverLi

• 2 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:01

HI Willy,

Thanks for coming back,

I tried web grabber, for IReland it was pointing to an outdated upc.ie server that had listings at one point but that no longer exists, Since virgin media took over they changed a bunch of stuff, the second source entertainment.ie it wasn't able to get one that "Now and next" listings and the third one it has was for renaming setanta to eir spots. Do you know who owns the rytec epg data ? i found a video on youtube with a script for getting this and it worked with the exception of eir sports missing but i would need to get permission from them

del rytecxmltvuk.gz

del tvguide.xml
#wget 
Gzip.exe -d rytecxmltv-UK.gz
rename rytecxmltv-UK tvguide.xml

Thanks Liam.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows, xmltv, source

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users