Photo

VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:02

I am having trouble auto scanning dvb-c channels on Ultimo 4k. I'm getting this: "ERROR - failed to scan (error starting scanning)". I'm using OpenPLi-4.0-beta-vuultimo4k-20170522_usb

Default image that came with the receiver did autoscan just fine.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #2 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:32

OpenPli has major issues with the cablescan function. Goung on for a month now. Problem seems to be the double NIT entries (for Ziggo at least), other providers like Virgin also do something tricky...
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #3 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:48

OpenPli has major issues with the cablescan function. Goung on for a month now. Problem seems to be the double NIT entries (for Ziggo at least), other providers like Virgin also do something tricky...

So what should I do? Should I install an older image? Which one?

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #4 mimisiku

• 5,461 posts

+114
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:11

They are quite franticly searching for a solution (only to get their knickers twisted even more). If you want proper cablescanning you might try AutoBouquetsMaker plugin or simply do a manual scan..
Other option is to leave OpenPli altogether..
Met één been in het graf..... Helaas

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:15

@mimisku,

Sometimes I wonder why you are still active on this forum, if all you is show your dislike for OpenPLi.

@KennyL,

This could have several reasons. What is your cable network provider? If you have multiple cable tuners, are they all connected and properly configured?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #6 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:19

@mimisku,

Sometimes I wonder why you are still active on this forum, if all you is show your dislike for OpenPLi.

@KennyL,

This could have several reasons. What is your cable network provider? If you have multiple cable tuners, are they all connected and properly configured?

I have one FBC cable tuner, so 8 cable tuners in total. Tuner seems to be properly configured by default as I can manually scan a single frequency and get few channels.

Edited by KennyL, 22 May 2017 - 11:19.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:21

The reason for me asking is that the cable scan takes the next available cable tuner, not the current one. So a scan may fail if that one isn't connected or correctly setup.

What is your cable provider, and if needed your location? What parameters did you enter for the scan?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #8 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 13:25

Telenet in Belgium.

I am using default settings for all the tuners, I did not touch anything.

Tuner A: Vuplus DVB-C NIM(BCM3148) (DVB-C), and if I go to settings all the tuners have this:

Configuration mode: enabled

Network ID: 00000

Used service scan type: Frequency bands

Config scan deails: no

If I go to "Automatic scan" it says "Scan Tuner A (DVB-C): yes"

But manual scan also scans Tuner A, which scans successfully, but I am only getting 9 channels obviously, since it is scanning a single frequency.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #9 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 13:29

Repeating just for the emphasis, default image that came with receiver auto scanned several hundred channels without any issues.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #10 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 14:15

They are quite franticly searching for a solution (only to get their knickers twisted even more). If you want proper cablescanning you might try AutoBouquetsMaker plugin or simply do a manual scan..
Other option is to leave OpenPli altogether..

I installed AutoBoquetsMaker, but my provider is not there. Should I create it? Or pick some existing one.

And I don't know how to scan a range of frequencies manually, I can only select a single frequency.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 15:49

You need to enter the correct network ID for your area, ABM just has it pre-configured (for a lot of providers) .

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #12 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 May 2017 - 17:21

You need to enter the correct network ID for your area, ABM just has it pre-configured (for a lot of providers) .

How do I find network ID it for my area? :mellow:  I've been googling without success.

While waiting for response I just tested another image and it was autoscaning right out of the box. This is very unfortunate as I prefer openpli image, and I hope I can get it working somehow, either with manual scan or ABM.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,614 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 17:27

On the Telenet website I find:

Vul bij Netwerkfrequentie de waarde 322 Mhz in, kies Klaar en druk op OK op je afstandsbediening
Vul bij Netwerk-ID de code voor je regio in: 22 voor Vlaanderen en 12 voor Brussel

So you could try that?

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #14 Dimitrij

• PLi® Core member
  • 10,021 posts

+338
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 18:02

When  "Automatic scan"  DVB-C --> use blindscan tools dvb-c from the manufacturer.

Not need Network ID.

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K /Lunix3-4K/Solo 4K

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2017 - 19:34

I wouldn't trust on the blindscan tools. Services may be offset from the official channels and the blindscan will often not find these.

The best way is, like WanWizard says, find out the network ID, and perform a cable scan (from the plugin) using the network ID.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #16 andy1

• 123 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 29 May 2017 - 21:33

I have the excact same problem on my Ultimo 4K using cable scan, as Kenny L mentioned.

My provider's network ID seems not to be available on their website, which makes me wonder if I really need it.

Do I need the provider's Network ID at all? I have never needed it before for cable scanning. 

I might add that cable search on my VuDuo2 worked fine.

All the FBC cable tv tuners on my Ultimo 4k is configured identically as the twin cable tuner on VuDuo2.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #17 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 30 May 2017 - 02:38

Are you sure you didn't put a FBC cable tuner in slot B ? I have an ultimo 4k as well and no problems with the cablescan. Also automatically no problems.

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #18 KennyL

• 32 posts

Neutral

Posted 2 June 2017 - 00:44

Are you sure you didn't put a FBC cable tuner in slot B ? I have an ultimo 4k as well and no problems with the cablescan. Also automatically no problems.

I just double checked and it is in slot A.

May I ask what version of openpli you use?

Re: VU+ Ultimo 4k, failed to auto scan channels #19 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 2 June 2017 - 14:50

I wouldn't trust on the blindscan tools. Services may be offset from the official channels and the blindscan will often not find these.

The best way is, like WanWizard says, find out the network ID, and perform a cable scan (from the plugin) using the network ID.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users