Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 13:51

Hi OpenPLi Team

I use a long time OpenPli and will not stop to use it....it is simple and very userfriendly. I would like to add my VU+ box with a plugin to my Plex Server. And that the recordings will work...there needs to be something patched in the Image. Otherwise the recording would never stop and would become endless.

Is something like that already patched as a lot other Image Teams patched it already or would it be possible to patch for the next nightly builds?

Here on github you see the code which should be patched:

https://github.com/O...344d7e69fd40e86

and here is the discussion in Plex about the Plugin and the patch:

https://forums.plex....on-of-enigma/p3

from here i found also the information that the patch has been added to a few OE-A teams E2

OpenViX
OpenBlackHole
OpenATV
OpenMIPS
OpenSPA

the patch and the plugin "should" be in there next latest builds (or nightly builds as some teams build them nightly).
The plugin will be available to download in the plugins section.

And maybe you could make his plugin available on your plugin feed, becuase it is about Recordings and Live TV on all devices which runs Plex Client. Im sure it is interesting for a lot People with enigma2 devices out there.

Edited by moli87, 15 June 2017 - 13:56.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #2 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 14:02

Here is the thread from the Plugin Dev: 

https://forums.plex....plex-dvr-livetv

And here a quote: 

if your chosen image does not have support, ask your chosen image coders to contact me via PM @andyblac1974 here, and i will gladly help them with the necessary code.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #3 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,435 posts

+62
Good

Posted 15 June 2017 - 16:52

This has been added to the Developer branch of PLI. You will have to wait until the next PLI image (after 4) is released.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #4 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 17:29

@Abu Baniaz

What do you mean after 4? OpenPli 5? I thought this would be patched in an nightly build soon or not?

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2017 - 19:40

The nightly's for OpenPLi 4 are frozen at the moment, pending the next release.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #6 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 21:49

and when can we expect a release? Could you also implement Mediaportal plugin?

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2017 - 22:04

When all supported image have a stable development build, we'll release a release-candidate. When proven to be stable, it will be promoted to the next release. Things look good (only two images still have issues), so I'd say within a few weeks. 

I'm not sure about Mediaportal, but I think the sources aren't public, so we can't build it. If the license allows it, and someone can hand us an ipk that is proven to work, we can add it to the 3rd-party feeds.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #8 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 June 2017 - 22:08

Ok thank you. I just hope i am able to install also Mediaportal. Because i dont want to change Image only because of 2 plugins...i like openPLi . Like your work ;)

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #9 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:33

Hi i found something on github about e2-Mediaportal:

https://github.com/dhwz/e2-mediaportal

and in the version.txt i found the download link of an ipk and deb

http://master.dl.sou...l_8.1.3_all.ipk

I tried on my VU+ Solo 4K with the latest OpenPLi4 but i could not install one dependencie. It works with some hoster but on some i got an error thats missing some python modules. I got it half working....would be nice to see it in the feed.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #10 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:40

When all supported image have a stable development build, we'll release a release-candidate. When proven to be stable, it will be promoted to the next release. Things look good (only two images still have issues), so I'd say within a few weeks.

Update: these two are now fixed by the manufacturer.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:13

Cool. One more step closer to a release.  :)

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #12 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 June 2017 - 14:06

Cool sounds nice. ;) I tried now openATV because PlexDVR and Mediaportal is working. But i will come back to openPLi. How about the MediaPortal now? I see its on the feed on some Images....can you also make it available via feed for the new image?

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2017 - 20:22

We can add it to the feeds if someone can point us to an up to date, which is also kept up to date git repository from which we can build an OpenPLi compatible version.

Or alternatively gives us an ipk that is proven to work, and can be added to the 3rd-party feed. But ideally we don't like to add (closed source) binaries, it is not in the spirit of an open source image.

And in both cases: it must have a license to do so. Some plugins from Germany have a "may run on a Dreambox only" license, so we can't add those to the feeds.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #14 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 June 2017 - 21:38

In post 9 i did provide you from github....in version.txt is always the actual version uptodate...with this you can add it to the 3rd party feed. Otherwise i can install it also manually but it should be possible...before in pli4 i could not because one dependencie which was needes was newer than this in the image and i could not get it working.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2017 - 21:53

Which we can't use:

This plugin may only be distributed to and executed on hardware which is licensed by Dream Property GmbH. This includes commercial distribution.

In other words:
* It's NOT allowed to distribute any parts of this plugin or its source code in ANY way to hardware which is NOT licensed by Dream Property GmbH.
* It's NOT allowed to execute this plugin and its source code or even parts of it in ANY way on hardware which is NOT licensed by Dream Property GmbH.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #16 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 June 2017 - 21:58

Ok crazy im sorry i didnt see that. But why is it in the OpenATV feed and also in some other images? Then i will try to install it manually...just hope got no problems with the dependencies. ;)

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 18 June 2017 - 22:02

They don't care about licenses. They have no problem adding closed source to an open source product either. We do.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #18 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:21

Hi Guys

Any Update for OpenPLi 5?

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:55

R/C for the next release is being prepared atm.

Re: Patch... add ?duration=xx to the URL so we can force a stream #20 moli87

• 53 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 July 2017 - 15:38

Hi Guys

Do you have any Update on this? I thought the release is near?

Cheers,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users