• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 July 2017 - 01:47

hi,
i need your help to solve this problem 
i am writing  an oscam emu reader that needs  service freq and sat position for discrambling, 
i want to get this information directly from oscam c++ code.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 06:43

Why?

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #3 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:31

the oscam code is writen in pure C and any moudule shoud be writen on c/c++.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 July 2017 - 18:34

I suggest streamboard, where the Oscam developers are?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #5 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 00:56

I dont think thy had the right answer,

in the oscam code thy use files to get information about the sevice

for exmple, thy use oscam.servi to feed the chanal name to  thier web interface

and oscam.twin to get sat an freq from caid and provider id in some serial protocoles. so i want to get this information directly from enigma insted of files.

this is an enigma level problem not related directly to oscam.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #6 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:13

i am wondering why enigma designers have decided to force developers to use python to write plug-ins .?

Linux is all about c/c++  and providing a c/c++  api to the enigma layer is can be helpful also.

the problem  can  be solved by using python helper plug-in that will feed information to  the c++ code via Linux sockets. But this have no sense for me to write plug-in with socket and thread logic ....etc. to just get the freq and the sat position of the current channel

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:26

Yeah beats me too... Probably because more people (think that they) can program in Python.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:36

E.g. the hotplug stuff in OpenPLi uses sockets via python.... maybe an example,,,,?

Edited by littlesat, 19 July 2017 - 10:36.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #9 dhwz

• 227 posts

+20
Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:42

i am wondering why enigma designers have decided to force developers to use python to write plug-ins .?
Linux is all about c/c++ and providing a c/c++ api to the enigma layer is can be helpful also.

Nobody was ever forced, E2 supports Python and also C(++) code for plugins.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #10 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 12:14

Linux is all about c/c++ and providing a c/c++ api to the enigma layer is can be helpful also.

i was not able to find any code in c++ that can use the E2 layer stuff like screens (UI) service information ..etc.  

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #11 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 13:59

Again.... why do you need this..... ? And probably as oscam is dowing cw it might already be in....

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #12 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 14:02

i was not able to find any code in c++ that can use the E2 layer stuff like screens (UI) service information ..etc.  \

Exactly. It's impossible to create a plugin in C++.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #13 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 14:07

You have to create a plugin in python.... this will not 'say' the plugin might include a binary (blob) compiled from C or C++ or something in between C and C++... e.g. Bitrate viewer is an example of such plugin with python hookup user interface part and added C code.

https://github.com/E...nplugin-Bitrate

Edited by littlesat, 19 July 2017 - 14:08.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:29

Did you see the the interface between Python and C++? Ugly at best... :huh:

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #15 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:34

Again.... why do you need this..... ? And probably as oscam is dowing cw it might already be in....

this information it is nedded by some sharing protocoles that i need to implement in oscam.

oscam is dowing cw by its dvb api interacting with the /dev/dvb/adapter0/ dvmux...directly it so low level... and the information that i need is in the enigma level, i cant figure out how to get it.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,262 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 July 2017 - 17:39

Yep... The interface between python and c++ is grrrrmlllrrkd^]^{^^}}*

And still no idea what you exactly want to do....

Edited by littlesat, 19 July 2017 - 17:40.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #17 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 July 2017 - 18:01

You have to create a plugin in python.... this will not 'say' the plugin might include a binary (blob) compiled from C or C++ or something in between C and C++... e.g. Bitrate viewer is an example of such plugin with python hookup user interface part and added C code.

https://github.com/E.../e2openplugin-i

in this scenario the python code will be a warper of the c code there is no problem i can make code in c/c++ and use SWIG to generate python interface and use it to write the final plugin that wil be used by enigma. the python is a top layer of the c++ code

but what to do if the c++ code needs stuff from the enigma layer that is available via python, for example the oscam is running as a linux process not as an enigma plugin, what to do in this scenario ? we have no choice ! use a python helper plugin or the web interface api !

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #18 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,073 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 23 July 2017 - 13:36

@littlesat,

Some people sold closed source boxes with integrated CS, and to retrieve the DCW they use the service freq and sat position for the sharing.

So steavebba simply tries to hijack this system and make it compatible with OScam which doesn't have this kind of information by default for the descrambling.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #19 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:15

@littlesat to be honest with you that is exactly what i am doing (a hard work of reverse engineering of  closed box).

By the way, i used unix domain sockets to pass information from enigma layer to oscam emu, and it works but from a developer point of view it is not the proper way to solve this problem.

Thank you all.

Re: Get service freq and sat position from oscam code #20 Taapat

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,343 posts

+120
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:47

@steavebba If I correctly understand what you want, you can use the Python API in C or C++.
Examples can be seen for example in my plugin blurayplayer: https://github.com/T...er/tree/openpli

Edited by Taapat, 24 July 2017 - 11:51.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: C++

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users