Openpli with vu+ solo 4k

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 titanr350

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:31

Hi everybody,

I just registered because my Clarke tech et9000 (same as xtrend et9000) died last week (security board) and I have to buy a new receiver. Maybe you can help with the right decision.

I used openpli since a long time (my boxes: dm500, clarke tech and boxes of relatives: vu+ solo2, vu+ zero) and I also want to use it with my new box. I want to buy a vu+ solo 4k. I saw that there is already an openli 4 and rc6 image. But I also read often that openpli is not the most recommended image for this box. But I prefer open software.

Can you tell me if there are any important restrictions of openpli with this box compared to other images?

Or should I change my decision and buy a better supported box?

Is is better to start with openpli 4 or ist openpli 6 already useful for this box?

Functions I am using: oscam with orf card, playing files from nfs share, timeshift (not permanent), iptv

Thank you for your help,

Michael

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:27

Which softcam or CI do you need to use?

IPtv support is limited, but that counts for all STB receivers.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:29

He mentioned "oscam with ORF card", which is fine on an ARM box like the Solo4K.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #4 titanr350

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:58

Ok, thank you for your answers, I hope I am drawing the right conclusions. So I will buy a solo 4k and install openpli. I was afraid that I have to use vti or some other images based on that.

I will try openpli 6 and have a look if it is stable enough for daily use with this receiver.

Thank you for your work, you do a great job.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:00

The R/C is our release candidate. So it should be stable, bar from any issues we might have missed during testing (which is why we released the R/C so it can be tested by a wider audience before it becomes final in a few weeks).

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #6 titanr350

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:24

Ok, thank you. I will try it.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #7 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 12:23

IMHO the RC for the Solo4k works quite well. Keep this in mind:

- no FCC (not supported by OpenPLi by choice)

- that's something different than FBC, which is 100% supported

- no offline / afterwards decoding

- no HbbTV (any way not in our feeds and as such not supported by us)

Everything else is quite OK.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #8 titanr350

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 13:39

You gave me a google exercise to search for that features ;-)

FCC: it looks like the box received some moore channels in the background for faster channel switching. Not really a con for me, I prefer watching TV than zapping. And my et9000 was fast enough with openpli.

offline decoding: never needed it, i think it is better to save movies unencrypted.

hbbtv: it also did not worked well on my xtrend, I think there are some plugins around to access the media archives of the different german and austrian channels as hbbtv "replacement". Are most plugins working with arm boxes?

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 14:03

All plugins compiled from source work on all platfforms.

Plugins containing closed source binaries usually don't. Most notable example is CCcam, which is not available for ARM.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #10 Pike_Bishop

• 1,130 posts

+72
Good

Posted 25 July 2017 - 19:24

Hi titanr350,

i have the vu ultimo 4k with openpli rc 6 and it works very good, also i use orf card with oscam in irdeto mode

but my orf card isn't directly in the box, i use my card on a fritzbox in a smargo reader and what i can say is

oscam with orf works as best in openpli.

i have two other images installed too with openmultiboot (openatv and vti) but only with openpli if i start the box

i can see the orf channel promtly after the box is complete on.

in the other two images it needs up to 2 minutes before i can see the orf channel after complete booting the box.

i think it's no big difference with vu ultimo 4k and solo 4k in this case (oscam), so openpli rc 6 is sure very good for you.

regards

Biki3

Edited by Biki3, 25 July 2017 - 19:25.

Receiver: VU Ultimo 4K, Octagon SF8008 4K, Gigablue Quad 4K

Image: OpenPLI-8.3

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #11 titanr350

• 7 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 July 2017 - 22:39

HI,

thank you all for your help. I got my solo 4k today. It was flashed with vti by the satshop. I took a look at it to see what this image offer. But it did not make me happy so I flashed openpli as planned and everything I need work as expected.

Orf is not a problem and also very fast, I had my card directly in the box.

Best regrads and thank you for the great image,

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #12 bagin

• 12 posts

Neutral

Posted 26 October 2017 - 22:19

Hi All,

I have also Vu Solo 4K and after trying openAtv and Blackhole I have installed openPli 6.0.  The image is great, has nearly everything build in whats needed, it's stable and fast. There is only one thing that is missing and is installed by default on other builds - Youtube TV.

Does Openpli support it? How can I install it?

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:19

OpenPLi doesn't install anything by default that isn't needed for watching TV.

If we support it, it is in the feeds: menu - plugins - green button.

Re: Openpli with vu+ solo 4k #14 runica

• 38 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:57

hello everyone I tried all the image vti, openatv, blackhole but I always come back to the openpli quick and simple the best image seen + solo 4k

Edited by runica, 27 October 2017 - 12:00.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users