• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:51

Hi all,

I want to add this feature to enigma.

in the channel selection screen (service list)  we have to iscrypted boolean value to distinguish betwen FTA and crypted services.

i want to add another boolean to distinguish betwen crypted channels supported by the CI,smatcards or emulators installed in the box, this way decrypteable     services can be shown differently in the service list (green color for exmple)

this information will be maintained by a dedicated plugin that wil try to figure it out at runtime.

Where i shoud add this information ?

Re: Custom service list #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:24

Enigma doesn't know about that. CI module act completel independently and softcams do mostly. Enigma does not know which can decode which.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Custom service list #3 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:55

I know that enigma doesn’t know that,

i am planing to provide this information via cache files and descrambling history etc....

suppose that i have a list for decrypteble channels that i have calculated like this

service_1 TRUE

service_2 FALSE

service_3 FALSE

service_4 TRUE

how to add this information to the service list. its like tagging the services based on decryption probability....

Edited by steavebba, 24 July 2017 - 10:57.

Re: Custom service list #4 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 July 2017 - 13:03

What I said still holds. Enigma doesn't (reliably) know wether a stream can be decrypted successfully. You get a picture at some poing because the decoder (the video decoder, not the descrambler) gets an elementary stream that it recognises and knows how to handle. The video decoder may make use of the "decrypted using odd/even codeword" bits in the transport stream header, but isn't required to do so. None of the data goes through enigma itself, so enigma will not see the transport stream nor the elementary streams. Also there is no feedback from the video decoder whether it can actually decode the stream. That would be an interesting feature and also required for what you want.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Custom service list #5 steavebba

• 16 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 July 2017 - 15:48

thanks for the info erik,

i agree with u that we can not get that information directly from the box, but at list softcams can know if thy can handle a channel or not..

imagine that we want to add tagging system to service list where we can assign channels to categories and show the category in the channal list (Sports, news, films, doc .....etc.) enigma doesn’t provide this information but that dose not mean that w can not do it.

what you are answering is not  my question,

my question is simply where to add that extra information to be accessible  when the service list is displayed

How to add extra info to the service list and skin the selection screen based on this info.

Re: Custom service list #6 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 August 2017 - 19:35

Softcams are inherently not maintained by PLi, so someone outside PLi should maintain such an effort.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users