• Please log in to reply
321 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2017 - 13:03

In the new setup of the sources for EPGimport there many more smaller xmltv files. Giving the user more choice what to import, without having to select large files for only a few channels. 

f.i users in France which want the schedule of the Swiss channels, can simply select the Suisse Basic file.  This will then load the small Suisse Basic file.

Also there is a fairly small German Basic file which contains the German National channels which are mostly FTA on 19.2E

Basically the country files will be split up into at least 3 categories:

1. Basic - meaning the national channels.  In the UK case this is Freeview.  In Italy the DTT channels - minus the premium channels

Other countries are my own interpretation what are national channels.  Of course I am open to improvements on this

2. Sport and Movies.  These are the Movie Channels and Sport Channels for which an extra subscription is needed.

Eurosport remains in one of the other categories.

3. Other channels.

For some countries more categories have been divised.  Like shared channels between Belgium and France, and shared channels between Belgium and The Netherlands.

I am open to suggestions, if channels have been placed into the wrong section.

In the selection screen you will notice the strange combination of France/ Belgium and the Netherlands.  This is due to that strange country "Belgium".

Flanders and The Netherlands share a number of channels. Wallonie and Flanders share a number of channels, and Wallonie and France share channels.  In order to avoid that people start selecting the same source twice, I had to group them together, and list each source only once.

Sources which not have been converted are still listed under the heading:  XMLTV Old style

You will also notice that at the bottom of the list there is an xz section.  In OPenPLi 6.1 RC xz files will be supported.  At the moment in 6.0 with some extra software they also work.  These file are only half the size of the present files.  In OpenPLi4 you can select them, but nothing will happen.

There is no need to update your importer source in a rush.  The old style XMLTV files (also for the now converted files) will keep on working for the foreseeable future.

Willy

PS: In my own case I managed in this new setup to reduce the amount of imported events from 320 000 to 170 000 and still having all the info I want.

Edited by doglover, 3 August 2017 - 13:24.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 3 August 2017 - 15:59

As I still have to start on the Nordic, ExYu and Polish (these are the next on my list) any suggestions are welcome as to the desired split-up.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #3 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 10 August 2017 - 13:59

The new sources are now in the feed for updating.

Either update your image, or deinstall the old XMLTVimport-rytec via Menu-Applicaties-Deinstall(remove) and install the new sources via Menu-Applications-Install

A couple of points the remember:

1.  After installing this new sources file you will need to make a new selection of sources to import.  Almost everything is changed.  Except some source which are still the old versions.  These slections are kept and can be found under the heading "old Style"

2. On OpenPLi4 Do not try to import the xz versions which can be found at the bottom.

Either they do not work on V4, and just do nothing, if you have not updated the image in the last 2 weeks. This is not so bad.  However in an attempt to make it work, an update was released 1.5 week ago.  It still does not work, but now the importer locks-up when you import an xz file.  And the only way get out of this is restarting enigma2.

Importing gz files (the normal files) just work normally.

3. On OpenPLi6.0-RC the xz versions should work.  If they do not work, update the image the latest version.  The importer needs python-lzma and the latest XMLTVimport version, and this was not included in the first releases of the image.

It is now.

4. It is obvious you only select one version of a source.  It is not needed to slect both the gz and xz versions.  One version is sufficient.

5. Read the TS of thread.

In addition you may also select the News Channels source.  These channels are removed from all the other files.  So if you want EPG for the News channels (think CNN, BBCWorlNews, SkyNews, France24, etc... ) activate this source.

6. Lastly, I would politely ask you only to select the sources you need.  If you do not have a subscription to the Sports/Movie channels, do not select them.

Furthermore, if you want only the Swiss National channels in addition the channels of your country, you can now select the Swiss Basic channels, insteda of the very large German file before. etc.. etc...

Willy

PS:  The long list of sources, is being addressed by producing a treeview in the selection window.  This is not ready yet.

Edited by doglover, 10 August 2017 - 14:03.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #4 theyikes

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 August 2017 - 17:30

Hi! I've just updated my box and i reinstalled the rytec import. My problem is that i no longer have Rytec UK in the sources menu. I'm based in Ireland. Can anyone help me out? Please!

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 17 August 2017 - 17:39

What is running on your box? OpenPLi? Which version?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #6 theyikes

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 August 2017 - 19:29

openpli 4, enigma 2 and the box is an Edision OS Mini

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #7 jort38

• 644 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 17 August 2017 - 21:11

You have to select the sources you want (again).

There are a lot more options now.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K (4 TB HD, DVBS FSB, DVBC FBC & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (1 DVBS works via ethernet & OpenPli 9),

Xtrend ET10000 (DVBT2 & OpenPli 9, located in Thailand). Only latest stable releases.

Xtrend ET10000 (works via ethernet & OpenPli 9) and

Xtrend ET8000 (1 TB HD, 1 DVBT2 & works via ethernet & OpenPli 9)

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #8 tele43

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 August 2017 - 21:20

Hi Willy,

My rather old version of crossepg has not updated to reflect the new smaller sources yet but I love the idea and will willingly switch to downloading less when I can.

In the meantime I see that you have split benelux and I can find the files for Belgium and the Netherlands, but where are the files for Luxembourg please?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Paul

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #9 theyikes

• 36 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 August 2017 - 21:31

Can you suggest the best ones? I'm using iptv and when i select certain sources it starts to download but then stops at 0.

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #10 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 03:58

You have selected an xz version on openpli 4.  This is the problem.

However, I am promised that the update from this morning will also solve this problem. 

It will also have the treeview, which makes selection a lot simpler

Willy

Edited by doglover, 18 August 2017 - 03:59.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #11 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:00

For Luxemburg there are only 2 channels, and they are in the Wallonie section.  (sorry)

All other channels are shared from the Wallonie and France and even German sources. 

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #12 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:09

A new sources file has been put on the github.  But I see that the pull request has not been honoured yet.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 18 August 2017 - 04:14.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #13 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 04:13

Hi Willy,

My rather old version of crossepg has not updated to reflect the new smaller sources yet but I love the idea and will willingly switch to downloading less when I can.

In the meantime I see that you have split benelux and I can find the files for Belgium and the Netherlands, but where are the files for Luxembourg please?

Thanks for all your hard work.

Paul

If you want to keep using crossepg, I will suggest to you that you get somebody to update crossepg to understand xz files.

At the moment, the gz files are still available, so for the moment being you are safe.

But at some point, the gz files will be terminated.

Willy

PS:  I asked for an update at the github for crossepg.  But no response yet

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #14 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:02

You have selected an xz version on openpli 4.  This is the problem.

However, I am promised that the update from this morning will also solve this problem. 

It will also have the treeview, which makes selection a lot simpler

Willy

Just tried to install the new version.  It is not there yet.  (PLi6.0RC)

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:14

I tried the xz versions, but doesn't work. Running rc 6.0. python-lzma is installed.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 11:36

Looks like it works now. Temporary glitch?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #17 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 12:34

But that is not the most recent version.  The most recent which was promised to me to be online today, contains a treeview in the selection screen, and solves the problem when a non-existing file is called (typo's are always possible - and the program should not fall over when it encounters one)

And I wonder when my pull request for the new sources (I have working on this for the last month) will be honored.....

I was promised if I propose the change myself, anyone from OPenPLi could merge the the request.  But I do not see much action....

Willy

Edited by doglover, 18 August 2017 - 12:36.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 18 August 2017 - 14:00

Willy,

Contrary to popular belief, some people do actually have a life besides OpenPLi.

I wasn't in most of yesterday, so I couldn't merge it. I've done so now, and I will merge it back into develop and OpenPLi 4 ready for tonights build.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #19 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 19 August 2017 - 07:39

Some explanation about the new sources. 

Firstly you will see they are divided into categories.  At least if you updated the importer. If not you will see only a long list which still works.

The division is made by country.  In each country you will find generally a Basic file, an additional file and a SportsMovie file.

Basic:

These are the national channels.  In the UK it is Freeview.  Spain and Italy - DTT (DVB-T) Except Premium

Additional

All the other channels, except Sports and Movie channels for which you need a separate subscription.

So Eurosport 1/2 are include here.

SportsMovie

The Sports and Movie channels for which you need a separate subscription.

If you make your selection for data to import, only select what you really need.  If you do not have a subscription to the Sport/Movie channels, do not select these.

Sometimes providers have the national channels of neighbouring countries in their package, so now you can select just the basic channels of that country.  Again saving on download volume.

IPTV users, which are only interested in the Sports Movie channels, can only select the Sports/Movie file.  Again saving on download volume, and import time.

Now some explanation about the categories

The first category is General, And this needs the most of explanation:

It contains:  News Channels, Erotic Channels, AFN, IPTV and  Miscellaneous

News Channels:

I think this source is self explaining.  Think about the news channels, CNN, Bloomberg, BBC WorldNews, France24 etc...

Most of these channels have an english EPG.  France24 exist in French and English version, so it has the corresponding EPG language

In some sources some of these channels have also an entry, if the schedule is found in the local language

Erotic Channels

No need to explain this

AFN

Those who want this, will know what is included

IPTV

This contains the EPG for the FTA channels for which I listed the URL's in this post: https://forums.openp...ls-service-ref/

Miscellaneous

These are number of channels for which mostly only one source of EPG can be found.  Mostly in English.  The occur in many different subscription packages, with all the same schedule.

Think about:  Fashion, Music Channels (MTVDance/Rocks/LiveHD, VH1, Brava, iconcerts) Some of the exotic sports channels (Outdoor, Autoundmotorsport, Extreme, esports) and JimJam.eu

Local version of JimJam are included in their language.  But several sat providers, have the EU version of JimJam, of which I can only find an English version.

Further The categories mostly follow different countries.  The different countries are given in the local language.  But be aware that in this list I cannot use accented characters.  So do not complain about the missing accents. I know.

There is one strange combination:  the Netherlands/Belgium/France.  This one is explained somewhere above.

The sections Old style, and EPG.DAT have been removed.

The old style files (large files) will be maintained until September 30, 2017.  After this data they will be removed, and this links will not work anymore.  This means that everyone should have installed the new sources list by then.

In the second half of the sources file there is a duplication so it seems of all sources.  These are the xz versions, a new way of compressing which produces files only half of the size of the older gz files.  In the future only these files will be provided.  (saving on download bandwidth).

I understand that now they are working also on PLi4 and PLi6.0RC provide you have updated the importer to the latest version.

Although, some of the xz version files do not work yet because the file is not provided yet.  This will be done after I disable the old style files. 

Most do work however.

So try the new xz files, and start saving download volume from our servers, right now.  It helps to keep up the service.

If in your case it does not work, go back to top of the list and select the normal gz files (the sources without the xz addition)

I am interested to hear the experiences of non PLi users with these xz files.  And as a non-PLi user, if you have problems, please report this to your image provider, so he can take steps to correct it.  (the solutions are available)

EPG.DAT

These links have been removed.  These files are normally only used by BlackHole users.

Importing them with XMLTVimport sometimes work, sometimes it does not.  So I decided to remove this section from the import list.

I will also inform BlackHole image builders they are going to have to think about providing others ways of importing EPG in their image, as the solutions are freely available.

For the moment the files are still produced.  So if you decide not to update, you can keep using these sources. You risk that somewhere in the future this does not work anymore.

Willy

PS: Crossepg user are still safe at the moment.  I have requested to update Crossepg so it can read xz files.  No response (yet)

So in the future it is possible crossepg is not supported anymore.

PS2: The new source selection screen should look like the attached screenshot

Attached Files

Edited by doglover, 19 August 2017 - 07:58.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Update of the XMLTV sources #20 Eragon

• 164 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:09

Hi Willy, firstly many thanks for your invaluable work and support!

I removed and installed the XMLTVImport plugin in my RC6  (Vu+ Duo2)

Selected the following XMLTV sources:

Italy basis

Italy Sky

Italy sports/film/premium

Switzerland basis

Deutsc/Ost/Switz Gemeninsam

Deutsc/Ost/Switz Sports/film

The results of the EPG import are:

RAI 1 HD (13.0E) is missing

RAI News 24 HD (13.0E) is missing

Almost all Sky Italy Cinema HD and SD channels are missing

RSI LA 2 HD and SD (13.0E) is missing (Switzerland)

RSI LA 2 HD and SD (13.0E) is missing (Switzerland)

Tested also the corresponding xz source files but in this case 0 events were imported for all the sources.

Thank you and bye

Edited by Eragon, 19 August 2017 - 10:11.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)