SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #21 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 27 August 2017 - 13:42

WHat exactly are you doing... using special LNBs or just a tuner from another box...?

I am using a Katrein 414 Sat>ip to get 2 additional tuners to my vuplus Duo2. The other 2 are reserved for mobile devices.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #22 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 27 August 2017 - 13:48

Is there cheap hardware available, like this, that provides Sat>IP, which we could aquire for test purposes?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #23 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 30 August 2017 - 18:30

Another problem is that features beyond our control (vtuner implementation in the manufacturers' drivers) are mostly not really implemented very well, which limits the usefullness of SAT>IP anyway.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #24 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:48

Is there cheap hardware available, like this, that provides Sat>IP, which we could aquire for test purposes?

Of course there is! I am using it right now :D

Nanopi Neo at 12 euros -> http://www.friendlya...&product_id=132 using mainline kernel 4.11.7 (armbian) with this patch applied -> https://github.com/a...e655c10c56a99fb

and minisatip 0.7-ca -> https://github.com/c...tip/tree/0.7-ca

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #25 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2017 - 09:54

You only need some soldering skills to expose the other two usb ports(on the left side) + 1 usb already there and one microUSB you can use as a usb port with a 2 euros adapter and you feed power from 5+ and ground pins on the right side http://www.friendlya...i-NEO_en_04.jpg

1st pin is IN 2nd is OUT so 1+3 and you are set

Edited by Demetris, 31 August 2017 - 09:55.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #26 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2017 - 16:33

Does that have a DVB tuner, as it has to provide a Sat>IP tuner to the OpenPLi box? I assume that it will also require a USB tuner?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #27 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2017 - 16:36

Does that have a DVB tuner, as it has to provide a Sat>IP tuner to the OpenPLi box? I assume that it will also require a USB tuner?

Of course, usb tuner is byo.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 31 August 2017 - 16:45

Hmm... A bit too much of a hobby solution for me. I already spend too much time on the hobby here... ;)

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #29 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2017 - 21:24

Hmm... A bit too much of a hobby solution for me. I already spend too much time on the hobby here... ;)

I think I will try and reproce with this one.
https://www.amazon.d...keywords=sat>ip
If that is possible, I could sponsor a unit for you.
Is that a possible way to go?

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #30 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 31 August 2017 - 23:45

Looks like that SAT>IP is supported by factory you don't need to do anything fancy with that box

i quote from the manual

Über eine Kabelverbindung oder optional per WLAN, kann der Receiver dank seines integrierten SAT-IP-Servers zusätzlich Fernseh- und Radioprogramme live ins lokale Netzwerk streamen. Empfangen können diese Streams Geräte and Apps, die vollständig kompatibel zum SAT>IP-Protokoll sind.

English:

Via a cable connection or optionally via WLAN, the receiver can additionally broadcast TV and radio programs live to the local network thanks to its integrated SAT-IP server. These streams can receive devices and apps that are fully compatible with the SAT> IP protocol.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #31 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 1 September 2017 - 09:25

We must be cautious not to make promises we can't deliver. As I said, many drivers have shortcomings that make SAT>IP not a very pleasant experience.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #32 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 1 September 2017 - 10:55

Don't look at me.

I only said we currently don't have a setup to test. Even if we have a setup to test, the result could very well be "sorry mate, driver issue". It was not a promise to fix anything.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #33 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2017 - 13:04

So I have ordered the Xoro to see if the problem is reproducable with other Sat>ip receivers.

Fact is, that after waking the vu+ duo2 from deep standby or after switching tuners I have to change the channel for 3 times.
After that the Sat>ip works reliably.

Is there any timeout involved in the satip tuner managemant or is there any initialisation that need 3 zaps?
I will report back after I have tested the xoro.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #34 Demetris

• 94 posts

Neutral

Posted 1 September 2017 - 15:22

I really don't know what u r trying to do but whatever it is has nothing to do with openpli or/and sat>ip issue

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #35 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 1 September 2017 - 15:43

I am trying to verify, if it's a problem with the Kathrein Exip 414E Sat>ip receiver or the Sat>ip client of the vu+ duo.

On the other hand I would be willing to sponsor the Sat>ip receiver for the OpenPLi team, if the problem is reproducable with it.

And what do you mean "has nothing to do with the sat>ip issue"?

Edited by umtauscher, 1 September 2017 - 15:43.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #36 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 3 September 2017 - 12:15

Ok, I have to report, the Xoro Sat>ip is so buggy, there is no use testing OpenPli with.

I will send it back.

And I have just upgarded my Solo2 with the OpenPli 6 RC.

It shows the same "anomalities" as the Duo2.

But I am pretty sure, I have sort of a timeout problem. Once the receiver has aquired a channel it stays that way until I change the tuner.

Maybe the Kathrein reacts a bit too slow when first connecting to a tuner.

Edited by umtauscher, 3 September 2017 - 12:20.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,679 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 3 September 2017 - 12:56

If that is the case, it should be possible to solve that our end, with a longer timeout?

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #38 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 September 2017 - 09:44

I found out, the problems when activating a Sat>ip tuner only happens, when it's a HD channel that is started.
After I set the starting channel to an SD station it works right away.
Then I found a snippet in a blog, about the Kathrein Exip 414e and tvheadend server stating

"Die exip 414/e erfordet die einstellung “force pilot for dvb-s2:” , sonst geht hd nur über dvb-s "

meaning

"the exip 414/e needs the setting “force pilot for dvb-s2:”, otherwise HD only works on dvb-s"

I really don't know what that means, but I can't see any option in the tuner settings that could be interpreted as pilot for dvb-s2

So maybe there is something missing in the settings for the Sat-ip client but I think my timeout theory is less probable.

Cheers

Edited by umtauscher, 4 September 2017 - 09:46.

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #39 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 4 September 2017 - 11:55

Do you use Gbit LAN? Or only 100Mbit/s? Sat-IP needs a fast LAN. 100Mbit and much traffic or several SAT-IP streams might be a problem.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: SAT>IP broken on every release OpenPli 4-6rc #40 umtauscher

• 177 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 4 September 2017 - 12:19

I am using GBit Lan of course.

I only have problems, when I activate a sat>ip vtuner. Once it's working it stays that way until I switch to another tuner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users