• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #121 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2018 - 21:05

I don't know, I don't have any experience with SkyQ as of yet.

Other than with some moron installer that comes along every once in a while to install it for one of the flats. and then breaks reception for everyone else... :(

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #122 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 25 October 2018 - 21:29

Yes... I`ve met these guys :/

On several occasions (tasked with overlooking installs for clients) i was on a verge of using a good stick in right hand and a wet fish in left, just to get them to understand that it will not work on sky mesh (WiFi) trough 3 floors of victorian buiding and they need to set these doorstops (aka Sky receivers) on a wired LAN instead.

Semper in faecibus sumus sole, profundum variat

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #123 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 October 2018 - 22:00

Yup, people like that. I like the "wet fish" approach, I need to remember that. :)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #124 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:50

Friggin nomenclature..

All.. No- make it ALL! this time I was stuck with very very little information available about JESS system..

And I was reverting to Unicable2, as more info was available for it.

And now I've found out that in broad understanding JESS=Unicable2.

Nobody's fault..

But for crying out loud..

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #125 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:00

JESS is (nee was) a propriatary standard from the company Jultec, created as an extension to Unicable. It is now a standard in its own right : EN50607.

There is a piece about it in our wiki which expains that Jess != Unicable2. https://wiki.openpli...Unicable_/_Jess

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #126 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2018 - 13:04

That wiki is precisely where I found out...

Should have started there..

Anyway.. That JESS/Unicable2 option just dropped from £1300 to EUR869, thanks to this lil' fella:
https://www.satshop-...ategory-nosto-1

Giving me still 3 options of:

3 programmable LNBs- not expandable, but cheapest,
2 inverto switches- expandable, but it may be expensive to expand as wideband LNBs used (wideband=>quattro converter around £120, would need 3+ multi switch), not too expensive.

And now Jultec's switch, full cascade with up to 4 quattro LNBs, 2 outputs with 16UB each.. Plenty. And I can always cascade to legacy multi switch.

So here it is, I'll be off to Curry's/JLews. Its been a while since I was checking what do they have on shelves...

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #127 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 26 October 2018 - 15:37

Good luck, I've never seen any mainstream shop here sell anything useful when it comes to something else than SKY related stuff... I always order online.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #128 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 26 October 2018 - 16:13

I was only checking that at least most of sat-tuner equipped TV's will support some level of diseqc..

And I even found a 40" Sharp that does Unicable (UB1-8)!

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #129 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:03

Meetings done..

System will have:

VU+Uno (or less expensive alternative, but without compromising on CPU,RAM,FLASH and 8FBC tuners
Inverto set of Unicable2/JESS switches.
3 Satellite dishes.
Initially 2* Android/KODI receiver.
2 TVs connected only to terrestrial feed.
3-4 ZyXel WiFi access points
Draytek router.
Several Sonos Connect:amp units

And all already owned by client smartphobes, tablets and whatnot.

Time to price it up :)

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #130 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:09

Let us know how you progress, very interested in your Inverto setup for my own use, after I move house.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #131 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2018 - 12:30

Sure will.

In the meantime, if you're any good with that language:

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #132 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 13:01

Fyi... https://www.cs-multi...jRoCsD0QAvD_BwE

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #133 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 13:04

What do you want to do with a Stacker in relation to this setup?

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #134 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 27 October 2018 - 13:11

Fyi... https://www.cs-multi...jRoCsD0QAvD_BwE

Not much help in this particular scenario, but I'm sure I'll find it very handy in the future.

Thank you.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #135 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 14:44

Not sure what you mean by "cluster", but yes, this setup can provide up to 32 different transponders from 4 sat positions to connected tuners.

Those Inverto switches are supported by OpenPLi, you can select them when you configure the tuner:

attachicon.gif1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20181025181632.jpg

Switches don't need to be "supported", you can use any SCR switch you like, but if not supported, you need to find out what the user bands are (which mostly is printed on the top) and configure them, that's all.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #136 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,957 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 27 October 2018 - 14:56

This may be interesting, my setup, and this works for sure:

I have a "static" dish (a WaveFrontier T90) with 8 quattro universal LNB's on them. Four of the LNB's are connected to JESS switch #1, another four are connected to JESS switch #2. That's because switch can connect only four positions. There are JESS switches that can connect more than four LNB's, though.

Each switch has two independent outputs, so I have four outputs connected to four cables. The first cable goes to input 1 of the first FBC tuner, the second cable goes to input 2 of the first FBC tuner. The other two cables are likewiste connected to another receiver with a FBC tuner. The switches have six user bands per output. So I linked tuner I, K, L, M, N, O to the first input and tuner J, P to the second input. The second cable is looped through to a conventional dual S tuner, and has the third and fourth user band of the second output assigned. So tuners I K L M N O can receive the first array of positions, while tuners J P Q R can receive the second. The other two cables are connected to another receiver and receivers I am using for testing purposes.

Please note: You can't mix SCR LNB's and SCR switches, to a SCR switch you should connect universal quattro LNB's, they're quite cheap actually because they're simple by design. I also I wouldn't recommend placing a SCR switch and more or more SCR LNB's on one cable. If you're going to do that, you must take good care to avoid overlapping user bands.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #137 GThomas

• 157 posts

+9
Neutral

Posted 28 October 2018 - 09:48

Interesting read about Unicable/JESS and simultaneous recording...

WanWizard and Erik- I'm sure you know what I'm referring to.

I'm only in the middle of that thread, but it already looks like I may need to stick that patch in, just to avoid possible issue in the future.

Dear oh, dear.. I didn't realise how much work you're putting into this project.

Thank you.

Nolite Pavere

Currently in use:

Zgemma H7S

Qnap TS209Pro

T95Z Plus

Arcam AVR350

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #138 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:04

We have beside jess and unicable a dSRT type that uses unicable below SCR 4 and above SCR 4 (5...) it uses JESS... maybe we need to consider to add a value to make the value 4 'configurable' by adding dSRC,8 for example the switch in the video.... 

return index >= 4 and "jess" or "unicable" if value == "dSRC" else value

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #139 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,272 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2018 - 11:36

Now someone should be able to add the switch from the youtube video to the unicable.xml...

https://github.com/O...a07f763380b45e4

Re: Still can't grasp the FBC and Unicable setup possibilities #140 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,598 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 28 October 2018 - 12:03

Littlesat, please keep that discussion in the correct thread, you are now mixing two topics...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users