74 replies to this topic

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #41 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 18 October 2017 - 09:29

The sources are updating again.

However at the moment, I cannot import the xz sources on my receiver (OpenPLi 6.0RC).

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #42 gogglebox

• 95 posts

Neutral

Posted 21 October 2017 - 19:56

Which CrossEPG team?  That is one of the problems.

Willy

Ah, I hadn't realised. Thank you for the upload of the providers you get from CrossEPG. These are the same as what I have in my version of CrossEPG. I thought General might contain News but it doesn't, it does, however, contain Erotic channels.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #43 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:08

You probably have a version created by BH.

This one contains an error in the config file for the News channels.

You can correct it manually.  Go to /usr/crossepg/providers and look for a conf with Rytec and General in the name.

Open it in a text editor (like Notepad++).  Also the editor in DCC will do.

In the conf file the URL's are given.  The one for the NWS file is wrong.  Delete in that URL /epg_data. So the URL looks similar to the others.

Save the file.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #44 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2017 - 15:51

Hi,

can someone tell me please where I can find the crossepg package which ev0 talked about in the other thread which is now locked?

I tried to install Ubuntu in a virtual box and make vuplus image but this is so slow that it's maybe compiling for month. Without the image on my pc I can not try to compile crossepg. So I will not come to a solution until 1.1.2018

Willy please do not remove the gz files as long as possible. thanks

Edited by viebrix, 29 October 2017 - 15:53.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #45 Ev0

• 102 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2017 - 15:53

Hi,

can someone tell me please where I can find the crossepg package which ev0 talked about in the other thread which is now locked?

I tried to install Ubuntu in a virtual box and make vuplus image but this is so slow that it's maybe comiling for month. Without the image on my pc I can not try to compile crossepg. So I will not come to a solution until 1.1.2018

Willy please do not remove the gz files as long as possible. thanks

https://github.com/B...ossEpgProviders

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #46 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2017 - 16:18

Ev0 thanks for the link.

But the Providers are not the problem - I can write the conf files by myself in an editor.

My problem is that I can not find a compiled packaged for mipsl (inclusive xz decompression) - I would need the whole compiled package - or the compiled .po files...

because I'm not using BH I'm using VTI...

Thx

Edited by viebrix, 29 October 2017 - 16:19.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #47 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 29 October 2017 - 16:23

Ask your image provider to include EPGimport in their feed.  This would solve all your problems.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #48 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2017 - 18:19

I've already done this in different threads - one in the plugin area and another in the image area. But no one of the team is answering - only posts from other users are there, I know you can't do anything, and maybe the team is already working on the xz compression, but it seems that nobody feels responsible for the epgimport.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #49 Ev0

• 102 posts

+7
Neutral

Posted 29 October 2017 - 19:05

Ev0 thanks for the link.

But the Providers are not the problem - I can write the conf files by myself in an editor.

My problem is that I can not find a compiled packaged for mipsl (inclusive xz decompression) - I would need the whole compiled package - or the compiled .po files...

because I'm not using BH I'm using VTI...

Thx

Sorry can't help with that i'm afraid.

Ask your image provider to include EPGimport in their feed.  This would solve all your problems.

Willy

Good idea

I've already done this in different threads - one in the plugin area and another in the image area. But no one of the team is answering - only posts from other users are there, I know you can't do anything, and maybe the team is already working on the xz compression, but it seems that nobody feels responsible for the epgimport.

Well in that case, maybe look to using another image, until vti get it sorted (you can always go back later), if crossepg is that important to you

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #50 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2017 - 16:40

Hello, if someone is interested in my progress. I've managed to compile openvuplus3.0 for the vuduo2 (mipsel) and I've compiled the E2OpenPlugins CrossEPG Version which also is adapted to uncompress xz files. I've not installed the whole package on my box but only changed the libcrossepg.so file in the /usr/crossepg directory to the new compiled version. I have changed the provider config files only aim to .xz sources and the crossepg download worked without problems. Now the AT und DE basic rytec sources were downloaded and imported in less than 30 seconds.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #51 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 November 2017 - 01:56

The binary was not the problem. The OE-A version keeps downloading again and again because it rejects something. Removing the alternate sources is a workaround and nullfying the randomiser is a workaround.

Edited by Abu Baniaz, 13 November 2017 - 01:56.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #52 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:26

Allow me two remarks regarding frequent misunderstandings:

1- The (only??) strongpoint of Cross is that it holds an EPG-reader for UK/IT-services (it reads the data which is in a proprietary format from the transponder). This data is kept very well up-to-date (in case of 'breaking news' changes in schedules). It is very well possible to use both Cross for this functionality and EPG-Import for importing other services provided by Willy.

2- VTi is largely German; as all EPG data on German services is in the EIT-format, all services will always have a decent EPG without using any plugins. I think this explains the lack of interest from the VTi-team.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #53 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:03

Allow me two remarks regarding frequent misunderstandings:

1- The (only??) strongpoint of Cross is that it holds an EPG-reader for UK/IT-services (it reads the data which is in a proprietary format from the transponder). This data is kept very well up-to-date (in case of 'breaking news' changes in schedules). It is very well possible to use both Cross for this functionality and EPG-Import for importing other services provided by Willy.

2- VTi is largely German; as all EPG data on German services is in the EIT-format, all services will always have a decent EPG without using any plugins. I think this explains the lack of interest from the VTi-team.

This says it all.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #54 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2017 - 18:40

The binary was not the problem. The OE-A version keeps downloading again and again because it rejects something. Removing the alternate sources is a workaround and nullfying the randomiser is a workaround.

I have found the problem in file: src/common/xmltv/xmltv_parser.c

I've forked the github sources, changed the source and asked for pull / merge.

I have tested it and now crossEPG won't download from every url - it breaks after finishing the first without errors.

My only problem is that I have problems with the oe-alliance bitbake file. It compiles without error and produces an ipk. Installing this ipk manually on my VU+ completes without error. But Afterwards there was no CrossEPG in The Settings menu and also no CrossEPG in Plugins.

If I install the Cross EPG from the feed and copy my compiled files in the usr/crossepg directory over the old files it works..

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #55 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 20:10

Many thanks.

The first time you go into plugins, it will tell you the fault. Most probably, boxbranding. If so, you just need a very basic "boxbranding.py"

image_brand = "openpli"

def getImageDistro():
    return image_brand

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #56 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 18 November 2017 - 20:21

Abu thanks for your answer!

There was no failture or error message - in the menus it seemed as the plugin never was installed. But the files were copied in the correct directories.

I'm currently using VTI ...

I'm not sure what the correct image whould be for me: is it "vuduo2" or "VTI" or "openvuplus"?

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #57 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 20:51

Some hosts block download based on image. (Abuse by Kodi users, so can somewhat understand the restriction) This is probably the only reason that box branding is still required. Can you run it by command line?

By the way, there is another bug (not sure if it same as the one you fixed). If you use epgimporter and crossepg, the EPG data shows as being corrupt and is then dumped. They both work fine independently.  Just in case you get bored.

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #58 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2017 - 09:35

I have found the problem in file: src/common/xmltv/xmltv_parser.c

I've forked the github sources, changed the source and asked for pull / merge.

I have tested it and now crossEPG won't download from every url - it breaks after finishing the first without errors.

My only problem is that I have problems with the oe-alliance bitbake file. It compiles without error and produces an ipk. Installing this ipk manually on my VU+ completes without error. But Afterwards there was no CrossEPG in The Settings menu and also no CrossEPG in Plugins.

If I install the Cross EPG from the feed and copy my compiled files in the usr/crossepg directory over the old files it works..

Nice.  And many thanks.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #59 viebrix

• 38 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 November 2017 - 16:16

Abu many thanks for the info about boxbranding. Now the installation has worked without problems!

Unfortunatly on VTI the current version of epg_import is not on the feed yet, therefore I can not test the situation with the newest versions. But the older version of EPG_import and the 8.1 version of CrossEPG installed both at the same time - they worked independently on my box. Or do you mean the problem occours if you run the import with both plugins at the same time? I think the bug I have fixed will not fix such issue. I also think importing at the same time will not work, because they have to lock the epg data file in any way. (But I dont know the code of epg_import and the code of cross epg only a little bit - as I searched for the other bug)

Re: CrossEPG not finding Rytec sources #60 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 19 November 2017 - 16:51

Thanks for the pull request. It has indeed fixed the date issue.

Doesn't installing the PLI version of EPG Importer on VTI work? ( sorry if you have answered before)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users