• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 15:46

Press YELLOW when in Satfinder and it reads the TSID, ONID and services from the current transport stream and displays them on an info screen, without the need to do an E2 scan.

Attached File  satfinder-1.jpg   67.58KB   10 downloads

Attached File  satfinder-2.jpg   45.69KB   4 downloads

https://github.com/H...c85aa2201f4e986

Currently this is importing the dvbreader from AutoBouquetsMaker to read the transport stream...

Is there any way that similar could be done using enigma code (without having to do a scan)? Or is there currently no function in CPP that can be used this way?

Re: Satfinder patch #2 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 16:00

It depends on Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner so not really usable... And the DVBreader of autobouquets maker is as far I remember a 'terrible thing' that cannot be interrogated very easy.

The question is why should you "scan the channels without a scanning channels"?... I think this 'part' is not that helpfull.

Couldn't it be considered to show the TSID and ONID right away on the screen without the yellow button.... and leave the channel scan as is? As far I know with autodiseqc the TSID and ONID are also read.

Edited by littlesat, 19 September 2017 - 16:06.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Satfinder patch #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,528 posts

+1,736
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 16:09

A possible reason could be to check what is on this transponder without getting them into your channel list?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Satfinder patch #4 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 16:23

It depends on Plugins.SystemPlugins.AutoBouquetsMaker.scanner [...] And the DVBreader of autobouquets maker is as far I remember a 'terrible thing' that cannot be interrogated very easy.

Not sure what you mean by this. You tell it what to read and it returns the result.

Re: Satfinder patch #5 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 16:25

A possible reason could be to check what is on this transponder without getting them into your channel list?

Yes exactly. You can read the services without them messing up your channel list, And in most cases faster than an enigma scan.

Re: Satfinder patch #6 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 17:08

It uses a binary so to 'parse' a specific bin so you can read pids in python code. I think it is better to include some of these parsers in the enigma2 bin in cpp code or use other things that are available there. To get this informatie you need to parse pids ao you also need to scan them.
To read tid and onid as far I remember the same code as autodiseqc can be used.
As for the channels available on a transponder you already need to scan I do not see any reason to add an additional scan... the current scan just adds services to lastscanned bouquets...

Edited by littlesat, 19 September 2017 - 17:09.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Satfinder patch #7 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 19:28

Code from AutoDiSEqC is not feasible because it does not update. That means it can only ever work for static LNBs. In the case of a motorised dish it will remember the first tsid it passes while the dish tranverses the arc.

Reason for not scanning is so this lamedb is not interfered with just to get more info about the current transport stream. After all satfinder is a tool. Scaning was a secondary function.

Re: Satfinder patch #8 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 20:04

Why is it bad lamedb get some updates... Then consider just give a normal scan a flag to not harm lamedb... I just meant to find a way to add labels that show tsid and onid on the usual screen... once the transponder is locked this should be possible. (And once locked it can also be considered to scan and add service names). Why add a yellow button for it and depend on a (hacky) plug-in? Better to try to add what is missing in common e2.

Edited by littlesat, 19 September 2017 - 20:08.

Re: Satfinder patch #9 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,070 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 20:25

Because he is talking of Satfinder, when you adjust an antenna for the first time you search for the satellite that you want to receive, and I won't like to have entries for satellite that I pass by when pointing my antenna in my lamedb. So no adding entries in the lamedb while in the satfinder is a bad idea.

But indeed mention the satellite that we receive signal from when we are in Satfinder can be useful when you set your antenna for the very first time, so you know where you are and where you need to go to find the real satellite you are searching for.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Satfinder patch #10 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 20:30

That was Why I was suggesting not to add a yellow button for this... but give the data as soon the transponder is locked and even more optimaal show a picture on a first fta service... and find a way to not depend on the autobouquets plugin.
I hope it is Ok to brainstorm here...
Actually a lock could 'trigger' the same as you do with yellow. So yellow is not required. But you need to reserve some space for the extra info on the skin..

Edited by littlesat, 19 September 2017 - 20:33.

Re: Satfinder patch #11 mrvica

• 1,224 posts

+81
Good

Posted 19 September 2017 - 20:50

means to update in bunch of skins the satfinder screen, probably we have to add the yellow button too

Re: Satfinder patch #12 jpuigs

• 1,143 posts

+32
Good

Posted 19 September 2017 - 21:47

Yes exactly. You can read the services without them messing up your channel list, And in most cases faster than an enigma scan.

A very good and interesting idea.

I don't remember any SAT receiver doing this, since the great DVB2000 on NOKIA's 9XXX first DVB STBs in early 2000's.

Enigma is getting old....

Spoiler

Re: Satfinder patch #13 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 21:54

That was Why I was suggesting not to add a yellow button for this... but give the data as soon the transponder is locked and even more optimaal show a picture on a first fta service... and find a way to not depend on the autobouquets plugin.
I hope it is Ok to brainstorm here...
Actually a lock could 'trigger' the same as you do with yellow. So yellow is not required. But you need to reserve some space for the extra info on the skin..

The problem is sometimes the dish locks on the "wrong" satellite while the dish is in motion. Then the dish carries on to the correct satellite and locks again. The AutoDiSEqC code does not update. TSID/ONID data remain from the "wrong" satellite.

Personally I think the way forward would be to add TSID/ONID to FrontEndInfo in the convertor and then it can be accessed directly in the skin. That way there would be no need to modify the plugin at all.

Re: Satfinder patch #14 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 19 September 2017 - 22:59

means to update in bunch of skins the satfinder screen, probably we have to add the yellow button too

If it is done in the convertor it is completely up to the skinner what to display in their skin.

Re: Satfinder patch #15 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,435 posts

+62
Good

Posted 20 September 2017 - 03:36

The "terrible" and "hacky" reader is here:

https://github.com/o...lib/dvbreader.c

If you can suggest changes to make it better, it  would be greatly appreciated. We all agree if functionalities in E2 can be added without having to depend on plugins, it is the better option.

Re: Satfinder patch #16 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 20 September 2017 - 06:56

Actually that binary should be included in the e2 bin and add 'dvb snoop' like code to it. Just a call to get onid and taid etc... with simple calls. As far I remember this is already available in e2. The background scan could read services.
Autobouquets could better be build by afding a different parser to the fastscan in cpp. I know this is a lot of work and for most people more complicated so it is for now what it is.
For the rotor you coukd poll the tsid and onid but I expect you have a trigger by a nee lock...

Re: Satfinder patch #17 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2017 - 08:25

Actually that binary should be included in the e2 bin and add 'dvb snoop' like code to it. Just a call to get onid and taid etc... with simple calls. As far I remember this is already available in e2. The background scan could read services.
Autobouquets could better be build by afding a different parser to the fastscan in cpp. I know this is a lot of work and for most people more complicated so it is for now what it is.
For the rotor you coukd poll the tsid and onid but I expect you have a trigger by a nee lock...

Triggering by lock is no help. Tuner lock/unlocks/locks again/etc while transversing the arc.

Re: Fastscan; Fastscan is a one-trick-pony. All it does is scan a proprietary table of one provider, i.e. M7. 

Also Fastscan is not a true plugin as half the code is embedded in the enigma binary, which means it is not portable.

But anyway we are going off topic here. The question is how can we get this data directly from enigma.

Re: Satfinder patch #18 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2017 - 09:43

Re: Fastscan; Fastscan is a one-trick-pony. All it does is scan a proprietary table of one provider, i.e. M7. 

Also Fastscan is not a true plugin as half the code is embedded in the enigma binary, which means it is not portable.

That's fully true... but this does not mean it can be extended by other provider's 'tables' and 'systems'... by switching it somehow to a different method. All PID readers are already there... 'only' the parsing needs to be changed. I'm sure that we could make a faster, smoother scan that way. And to be true I also understand this is a but more difficult way to go for the coders that made autobouquets as it has to be done in c++....

But when everyone has unlimited time this was already done years ago. So we should be happy that we also have autobouquets in not to optimal way as prefered...

Now back on topic...

The Autodisecq does the following...

It has a self.raw_channel via eDVBResourceManager.getInstance().allocateRawChannel(self.feid)

It arrange a callback for when the onid and tsid is 'received' via self.raw_channel.receivedTsidOnid.get().append(self.gotTsidOnid)

Then you get the tsid and onid via a the function gotTsidOnid(self, tsid, onid) (in autodiseqc it is compared with the table.... here we can set a label... and of course also start a services scan when we like).

Edited by littlesat, 21 September 2017 - 09:46.

Re: Satfinder patch #19 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,243 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2017 - 21:22

I originally coded it using the AutoDiseqc code, but like I explained above it doesn't work because that code is for static dishes, not motorised. i.e. once the tuner locks (on the wrong satellite) TSID/ONID that come out are for the wrong satellite and don't update upon the dish arriving at the correct satellite. For this to work TSID/ONID need to update continuously as the dish moves.

Re: Satfinder patch #20 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,250 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2017 - 07:37

You can trigger a new check on onid and tsid by the lock trigger.... and when that does not work poll it (I know it is not easy pointing to autodiseqc is just to give it a direction)

Edited by littlesat, 22 September 2017 - 07:38.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users