Photo

IPTV on Dreambox

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 qawsalla

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:42

I have the latest firmware of openpli 4 installed in an original dm 7020HD.

I have live iptv streams that work on Kodi without any problem. However, on dreambox the same streams stop after 20s or so and I have to zap channel to start watching again.

Am I missing any sofware in the image?

Thanks.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:52

You can not compare the two.

First, the dreambox chipset has very limited support for non-DVB formats, contrary to media players, which are designed to support as many formats as possible. Secondly, to overcome this we use gstreamer to provide additional formats that are processed in software iinstead of by the chipset. In OpenPLi 4, a very old version of gstreamer is used, which does not support any modern format.

So you need a newer image, with more recent gstreamer support. Unfortunately for you, we don't support dreambox hardware anymore, so there is no more recent image for the DM7020HD. So you might have to switch to another image, or use an unsupported "based on OpenPLi" image if you can find one.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #3 qawsalla

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:28

First of all thanks as for the first time I am having an answer that makes sense regarding this issue.

In fact I switched to this image for this purpose but unfortunately then it is not going to work for me. 

So it has all to do with video formats as I had iptv streams that worked perfectly on dreambox even on images like nemesis....

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:38

There are plenty of streams that (still) work.

But you see more and more switching to more modern formats, to reduce the bandwidth while increasing the quality. You see also quite a few switching from older streaming protocols like RTP to modern ones like HLS, which is not really supported by gstreamer 0.10. Within HLS, you see a movement into chunking, which means you get a different URL for every chunk of the video, instead of a single URL. This is the most likely reason why streams stop after a number of seconds.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #5 qawsalla

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:38

Gstreamer support is available for Dm8000HD? 

Thanks

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:51

OpenPLi 6 will become available for the DM8000, and it will have gstreamer 1.12.0, which is significantly newer. The release candidate is already available for download, if you would like to test your streams.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #7 qawsalla

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2017 - 15:38

Ok thanks I will try....

Do not understand why support for boxes like 7020HD which was released after the 8000 has stopped.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 15:54

Release date isn't really relevant.

Support for DMM has already been dropped back in 2013 due to the fact that DMM decided to close it's source, and after that refused to cooperate with us (we need insight in there codebase to keep our code compatible).

We have always said that we will continue to create images as long as we still can. We are not going to spend time reverse engineering DMM code so that DMM can make more money selling boxes, support has to come from both sides. With the release of OpenPLi 6, the moment has come we had to stop building images. For some boxes, the image got too big, for some the kernel was way too old to support our codebase.

Anyway, if you want to use OpenPLi, don't buy a dreambox. Or if you want a Dreambox, use another image. We can't decide for you, but these are the options on the table.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #9 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 17:08

You can you use open source images with dreambox without asking dmm for their source code.
Now openatv and openpli from other sources are running with new dreamboxes like dm900,dm820 and i personally prefer them over dmm images for these machines

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 17:13

If you can't see their code, you don't know which ioctrl's they use to access new drivers features, which means you can't use them. You can only maintain the status quo and hope it will stay working. And that is all these "other" images do. And they need a lot of "if this is a dreambox then do something special" in their code, which we refuse to do. You need to actively reverse engineer their image to see what is happening under the hood and to implement newly introduced features.

We can't be bothered to waste our time doing that, if DMM doesn't want an OpenPLi image for their hardware, then so be it. We couldn't care less. We have better things to do with our spare time.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #11 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 17:51

I also didn't see a datasheet in absence of open source (which would suit just as good).

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #12 zeros

• PLi® Contributor
  • 1,635 posts

+61
Good

Posted 12 October 2017 - 19:16

With aid of openpli-oe-core pyro branch and
https://github.com/D...dream/tree/pyro
I have made the test image for DM7020 HD, wich has Python 2.7.13 inside and GStreamer version 1.12.3
IPTV runs very well, but I have not tested the image enough.

Attached Files

DM920UHD DVB-S2X TRIPLE tuner + Triple M.S tuner DVB-S2X, DVB-T2/T, QboxHD, QboxHD Mini, Icecrypt T2300HD,
Qviart Lunix3 4K, Raspberry Pi 4 Model B 4GB & 8GB

Vertex 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #13 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2017 - 23:09

Hi,

This is a sort of double language announcing out and loud that you will stop support DMM boxes in 2013, then by switching to OpenPLi RC6 wasn't it the good time to totally stop any DMM build? I can understand that this confuse end-user to see that there is still an image RC6 for DM8000.

https://openpli.org/...ultimedia-stbs/

So you announce it in october 2013 we are 4 years later and you still build images for DM8000.

Won't it be better to simply stop every DMM build?

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #14 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 12 October 2017 - 23:42

Try this plugin, qawsalla, and use Extplayer3 for it - and maybe... ;)

https://wiki.openpli...Wiki:Iptvplayer

http://iptvplayer.vl...tallmipsel.html

Good luck! :)

Edited by gorski, 12 October 2017 - 23:42.

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:01

Hi,

This is a sort of double language announcing out and loud that you will stop support DMM boxes in 2013, then by switching to OpenPLi RC6 wasn't it the good time to totally stop any DMM build? I can understand that this confuse end-user to see that there is still an image RC6 for DM8000.

https://openpli.org/...ultimedia-stbs/

So you announce it in october 2013 we are 4 years later and you still build images for DM8000.

You found the link, I assume you have read it too?

The Dream Multimedia hardware currently supported by OpenPLi will remain active in our automated build environment, which means images will be generated and feeds will remain available, until we get to a point that this is no longer possible without intervention. At that point, we will effectively stop with all support.

We have reached this point for all boxes except the DM8000. Since it still builds without any intervention.

I don't really see why we have to constantly justify our decisions to every Tom, Dick and Harry that thinks they have a right to complain about this.

This is an open source project. We do things for free, in our spare time, for our own enjoyment. If we decide tomorrow to stop making software for STB's, and start making it for toasters, that is our decision. Whether you like it or not. You didn't buy a product from us, you didn't pay us for either the product or the support you get, we never told anyone they should buy a Dreambox, we never told anyone we would support them till the end of days no matter the cost.

If you want a say in what we do, stop being a backseat driver, learn to program, and join the team. If not, accept what we do and how we do it, or move on.

(Pr2, not directed to you personally)

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #16 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 10:55

Yes this should be understood,efforts of openpli team on dreambox used commercially by dmm to increase their sales, and now we ask openpli to support new boxes from dreambox,i think this is unfair unless dmm gives something for openpli for their effort and do not expect will do so.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #17 mfaraj57

• 1,605 posts

+286
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:10

Now return to subject,iptv on dreambox

i have three new boxes from dreambox ,900,820 and 520 and from my extensive use  of iptv on these boxes i can say they are terrible in this filed.a lot of interruption,a lot of crashes.a lot of SNI problems  ,

they said that these boxes not designed for iptv,then for what, for receiving dvb channels ,then why to buy these expensive boxes while with less than 50 euro i can buy good box for receiving dvb channels..

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,306 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 11:26

Yes this should be understood,efforts of openpli team on dreambox used commercially by dmm to increase their sales, and now we ask openpli to support new boxes from dreambox,i think this is unfair unless dmm gives something for openpli for their effort and do not expect will do so.

We're not in it for the money, it is a hobby for us. We don't get paid for our work, being able to deal with the operational costs (hosting, bandwidth, power, buildserver hardware, etc) is our only financial worry.

But having to spend a lot of precious free time with trying to get and keep working BSP's, and reverse engineer their code to determine why something doesn't work (DMM has a habit of changing ioctls simply to make things difficult for image makers), simply because the manufacturer doesn't want to cooperate, is not something we're willing to do. We'd rather spend that time to improve our "product".

I know that is of little consolation to owners of a DMM box, but we've been warning those for over 4 years now. As an end-user you have to decide what is more important for you: having a DMM box, or having an OpenPLi image.

And indeed, the quality of a Dreambox was already up and down when it was still a German brand (the Dutch-built DM8000 being a positive example), currently DMM is a chinese brand, owned by the same company that was responsible for the first DM800 clones. The new generation of chinese DMM boxes have a very questionable quality, there is a lot of competition for it.

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #19 qawsalla

• 20 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 15:51

Try this plugin, qawsalla, and use Extplayer3 for it - and maybe... ;)

https://wiki.openpli...Wiki:Iptvplayer

http://iptvplayer.vl...tallmipsel.html

I have tried to install iptv but not successful ....my ssl versu=ion is 1.01j so I installed 1.00 for fffmpeg as I cound not find the exact match. this plugin seems to have installed as I checked as suggested. However, the iptv player is not showing even it seems to have been installed.... I assume it has to do with not being the correct version....

Re: IPTV on Dreambox #20 gorski

• 1,699 posts

+46
Good

Posted 13 October 2017 - 19:24

You are missing certain bits and so....

If it doesn't appear in the Plugins, for instance - usually in older images, missing some Python parts - use the following Telnet commands

opkg update && opkg install python-html
opkg update && opkg install python-textutils
rm -rf /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVPlayer
cd /tmp
wget http://iptvplayer.vl...ythonX.X.tar.gz
tar -xzf latest.pythonX.X.tar.gz -C /tmp
rm latest.pythonX.X.tar.gz
cp -r iptvplayer-for-e2.git/IPTVPlayer /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/IPTVPlayer
rm -rf iptvplayer-for-e2.git/IPTVPlayer
sync
reboot

It is useful to get all the details, if you want some further help, of course... in case it still doesn;t show...

<span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>"Enlightenment is man's emergence from his self-incurred immaturity. Immaturity is the inability to use one's own understanding without the guidance of another. This immaturity is self-incurred if its cause is not lack of understanding, but lack of resolution and courage to use it without the guidance of another. The motto of enlightenment is therefore: Sapere aude! Have courage to use your own understanding!</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'>Laziness and cowardice are the reasons why such a large proportion of men, even when nature has long emancipated them from alien guidance..." I. Kant, "Political writings" (1784)</span><br /> <br /><span style='font-family: comic sans ms,cursive'><a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://eserver.org/p...lightenment.txt'>http://eserver.org/p...ent.txt</a>'><a class='bbc_url' href='http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a>'>http://www.english.upenn.edu/~mgamer/Etexts/kant.html</a></a> - the jolly text on Enlightenment, at the basis of Modernity...</span>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users