Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 actividad

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 12 October 2017 - 17:01

Hello every body!!!

I´ve a vu+ solo 2 receiver and my old image was Black Hole.

I´ve just installed Openpli 6.0 and I´m tryin to install the right turners configuration. With the same configuration that BH it doesn´t work.

I can´t rec a channel and watch other at the same time. Morover, I can´t watch other channel in streaming in other device... 

Sorry but my English is not so good.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #2 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 12 October 2017 - 20:38

you need to describe what you have connected to the receiver. how many dishes/lnbs, cables, diseqc switch, motor

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #3 actividad

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:22

there is only a comunitary anntena in the building for all the neighbours, with an only LNB. There is only an antenna cable connected to the turner B.

thank you for you fast reply.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #4 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:22

Tuner B: Simple, single, name of satellite.
Tuner A: loopthrough to tuner B

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #5 actividad

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 14:35

The same configuration I had with black hole image.  But, I dont  know the reason but in openpli doesnt work... Have you any idea why??

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 14:42

Should work without problems. I only can't recall if that box has an internal loop through, or it needs a loop-through cable. Never had a Solo.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #7 actividad

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 16:16

Vu+ solo2 has internal loop ...

I‘ll re-install the image ...

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #8 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:11

In Openpli you needed to install a plugin before to get the internal loopthrough working correctly. This should be in the Openpli feed. I don't know if this still is necessary. Other images made adjustments so you don't need any plugin or manual corrections.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:16

All not needed.

The issue with the Solo2 is that, contrary to all other VU+ boxes, it's internal loop is from A -> B, instead of from B -> A. So connect the cable to A, configure B as loopthrough from A, job done.

Other images have added hacks for this in the code, something we don't do. Out of principle.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #10 Satpal

• 299 posts

+4
Neutral

Posted 13 October 2017 - 17:28

Hm, I'm sorry WanWizard, but aren't you getting it all wrong here? The master tuner of the Solo2 is Tuner B so the cable has to be connected to B and looped through to A, at least that's what has always been working fine for me and which was always the solution in the end around here.

There should be all the information including the plugin ipk from Dimitrij in an older Solo2 thread but I don't have the link at hand. If the plugin wasn't necessary anymore it shouldn't still be in the feed but to my latest knowledge it still is.

A loopthrough from A to B never worked for me.

Edited by Satpal, 13 October 2017 - 17:30.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #11 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 18:06

Possible, as I said I don't own one, so I have to dig deep ( and my memory isn't all that these days :( ).

All I know it's a BSP issue, it has been reported to VU+ several times, and they can't be bothered to fix it. I know other images have hacked around this, and for OpenPLi there seems to be a plugin (as we don't allow hacks).

There is a plugin in the third-party feed, under systemplugins, called  "loopthrough-solo2", I assume you mean this one?

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #12 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 October 2017 - 18:48

@wanwizard, are you sure you have them the right way round? IIRC, you must connect to tuner B.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #13 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2017 - 19:34

It doesn't matter that much. Try either one and see which works. Apparently VU+ did it the wrong way around and we refuse to make a workaround for it (still).

If you can't get it working in any way, try a physical loop through connector, it only costs a few bucks. Watch out that it blocks DC.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #14 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 13 October 2017 - 19:42

You cant use a physical loop through connector when there isn't a loop out port.

From all the posts I've seen, single signal wire users must connect to Tuner B.

https://forums.openp...ut/#entry359137

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #15 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 09:29

You cant use a physical loop through connector when there isn't a loop out port.

Nonsense. Use a loop-through connector, 1 connector in, x connectors out, DC blocked. It only costs a few bucks.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #16 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:38

loop-through connector, yes. loop-through cable, no. ;)

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:39

@wanwizard, are you sure you have them the right way round? IIRC, you must connect to tuner B.

As I already wrote:

Possible, as I said I don't own one, so I have to dig deep ( and my memory isn't all that these days :( ).

Re: Vu+ solo2 Double turner configuration #18 actividad

• 6 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 10:02

Dear friends.

Many thanks for your usefull advices.

I have solved the problem, how , Satpal said, I have installed the plugin that I have found in that threat: https://forums.openp...loop-out/page-6, that makes internal vu+ solo2 perfectly works.

I have configurated the turners in this way:

Tuner B: Simple, single, name of satellite.
Tuner A: loopthrough to tuner B 

Like Abu Baniaz told us, but I think, on the contrary it works too.

I hope that information helps to vu+ solo2 users and can use openpli image in their receivers  :).

Regards!!!!

Edited by actividad, 15 October 2017 - 10:02.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users