Photo

Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 10:43

Hi,

After another problem with my Xtrend (alimentation card), there is a problem with OpenPli. I've restored an old backup and it works again but I have the old timers. Is it possible to restore them (I have a lot of timers)?

And I think I'm going to buy a Vu+. Will it be possible to restore on this new device all my OpenPli settings?

Thank you :) .

Vu+ Ultimo 4K - OpenPli 8.3

Xtrend ET9200 - OpenPli 6.2

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 11:24

You mean get your timers from a more recent backup?  Yes, that is possible. 

• Get the /etc/enigma/timers.xml file from your recent backup file.
  • Stop enigma on the box using the command "init 4".
  • Copy your recent timers.xml file to /etc/enigma/timers.xml on the box.
  • Restart enigma on the box using the command "init 3".
  • Your new timers should be visible now.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #3 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:23

Thank you WanWizard, it works fine :) .

Does somebody have an idea to restore all the others user parameters we can modify, for example in the menu recording...?

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:25

All enigma settings (including most of the plugins) are stored in the file "/etc/enigma/settings".

This is a text file, so you can even pick individual settings from it to restore, using the same stop/start method.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #5 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:34

And I think I'm going to buy a Vu+. Will it be possible to restore on this new device all my OpenPli settings?

In the past I changed from my Dreambox DM8000 to the Mut@nt HD2400 using autobackup and autorestore. Worked like a charm and all settings were restored without any problem (only changed some minor settings like output to 1080P instead of 1080i, what the maximum was the 8000 could deliver).

The only thing I have changed later was the SSL certificate as it was also restored and therefore stated DM8000 (but not really a problem, more cosmetic as it worked in openwebif).

So autobackup and autorestore can even be used for switching to another reciever/brand as it only contains settings and no box specific stuff.

Edited by Dream1975, 14 October 2017 - 12:35.

Mutant HD2400, OpenPLi nightly, 2x DVB-C & 2x DVB-S

Mutant HD51, OpenPLi nightly, 1x DVB-C & 1x DVB-S

Wavefrontier T55 (Astra 1,2,3 en HB)

Smartcards Ziggo (Irdeto) and CDS (Seca) on Oscam

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #6 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:38

Ok, I've read it and it's good.

I don't know if it's very good but I don't stop Enigma, I copy the file and I restart Enigma. The files are wrote in the memory chip, Enigma reads them when it starts, keeps them in the memory and doesn't read them again until it starts again. Then I think we can modify them as I do. What do you think?

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #7 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:40

Dream1975, I'm surprised because there is an OpenPli version for each device. Then how a Dream version can run on another brand device?

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:41

If you change files while Enigma is running, and then restart Enigma from the UI, it will overwrite your changes as Enigma keeps all config in memory.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #9 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:47

Ok bit I'm surprised because I am behind the PC (the Xtrend is in another room), I restart Enigma with Dreamboxedit. It's easier than opening a telnet session. And the timer.xml is the good one, the one I've copied in etc/enigma2.

And when I use Dreamboxedit, I don't kneed to restart Enigma even if there is a command in the Dreamboxedit screen.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #10 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2017 - 12:53

Dreamboxedit (and other tools like this) only deal with bouquet files, and after they replaced those files in an "send to receiver" they will issue a webif command to tell Enigma to reload the bouquet lists.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #11 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 13:06

Dream1975, I'm surprised because there is an OpenPli version for each device. Then how a Dream version can run on another brand device?

The files autobackup stores are only files with settings for enigma2 and plugins (no software, only setting values). Images need to be reciever specific as these contain the operating system (Linux version) and drivers (brand/type specific). Enigma2 (and its plugins) is loaded on top of that and is (basically) the same for every reciever. The files in autobackup are just settings for enigma2 and plugins so have nothing to do with brand/type specific Linux versions and drivers.

Off course it is not to be said it will work always (if I, for example, would go from my Mutant to the older Dreambox and the video output was set to 1080P, the dreambox driver wouldn't know this setting). But mostly if you upgrade to newer hardware the old settings should be known by the driver. It is worth a try

Edited by Dream1975, 14 October 2017 - 13:10.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #12 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 13:45

Dream1975, sorry I haven't red well your response (I'm not easy in English). I've understood you use Backupsuite because you tell of restore. I know autobackup is only for settings, that's why I post this message, I should want to know how restore them. You speak about autorestore, I haven't see this option in autobackup and i haven't seen this plugin in the feed. How do you do to restore them?

Ok WanWizzard, thank you. As there is a button to restart Enigma in the transfer files, I thought it was necessary too see the new bouquet but I've seen it was not necessary.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #13 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 14:14

No, I don't use backupsuite only autobackup. If you do the autobackup to a USB stick (and if you also want to restore the plugins put also autoinstall to yes in the plugin). Then flash the new box with this USB that contains the image and backup the first screen is the question if you would like to autorestore the settings. When you say yes it wil restore the settings (and plugins) into the new box.

Edited by Dream1975, 14 October 2017 - 14:18.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #14 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 14:45

Ok, I shall try it, thank you :) .

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #15 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 14 October 2017 - 16:16

I think I haven't understood. I tried to flash only the autobackup files and it doesn't work.

Do you download an image on an USB key and do you copy also the backup directory on the same key? Ok for a new flash, but I also want to restore my settings on the current image.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #16 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:08

I tried also with the new release and indeed when backup and flash are on the same stick it doesn't work. It did work when i first flashed with a usb, after flashing was finished switch of the reciever, then replaced the usb with flash with the usb with backup.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #17 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:25

Ok but when you replace the flash USB key with the autobackup USB key, what do you do?

- You switch off the device and switch on the device to flash the autobackup? I tried but it doesn't work.

- Or you copy the autobackup files on the hard disk?

- Or ...?

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #18 Dream1975

• 1,634 posts

+14
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:12

1. Put in the USB with the image and flash

2. When it says flash finished switch off the reciever (either with the power switch or just pull the plug) and remove the usb with the image

3. Insert the USB with the autobackup (in your case made in the other reciever)

4. Switch on the reciever and let it boor, after a while it should ask if the settings should be restored

Edited by Dream1975, 15 October 2017 - 09:13.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #19 sjlouis

• 1,538 posts

+3
Neutral

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:47

As I wrote it previously, I've done what you explained but it boots on the internal memory without asking to restore the settings on the USB key (while I've removed all the other USB devices, indeed it doesn't want to boot on the front USB key if there is another USB key at the rear).

No worries ;) .

Just in case, when I seek words in the EPG ("Supernatural" or "Games of thrones" for example), there are memorized but does somebody knows in which files this words are stored?

Thank you.

Re: Is it possible to restore only parameters stored with autobackup? #20 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:14

I tried also with the new release and indeed when backup and flash are on the same stick it doesn't work. It did work when i first flashed with a usb, after flashing was finished switch of the reciever, then replaced the usb with flash with the usb with backup.

I don't see why that shouldn't work, I always use the same stick for all my test boxes (on which I restore the same config for test purposes). Note that you need to remove all other USB devices, as sjlouis also mentioned.

If you want to swap devices (I do that with my living room box), you can already swap as soon as the bootloader tells you the flashing is finished.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users