26 replies to this topic

#1 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 22 October 2017 - 23:48

Hi,

I have flashed today my Xtrend ET-9000 with OpenPLi 6 release version (2017-10-15) then it restaure the settings and I perform and online update, so logo now indicates 2017-10-22.

Setup is: Xtrend ET-9000 connected to TV in HDMI without any amplifier in between so Multi-channel downmix is ON in the Xtrend

- When the sound bar is high (in the red area) I have sound, if I slightly decrease the sound I have no more sound even if I am still in the red, or orange.

The only workaround is to open up the audio menu (yellow button) turn off / on the Multi-channel downmix and sound is back to normal and I can lower and increase it without any problem.

Can you have a look at this problem?

Thanks,

Pr2

P.S.: I was in OpenPLi RC6 and perform the latest possible online update and the problem start from there (just for information) so I flash the real OpenPLi 6 to see if the release version has the problem too.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2017 - 00:11

There are more and more indications that the ET9xxx suffers from the same race conditions as the ET8000 and the ET10000.

If you have this issue again, could you login with telnet, and issue the command:

cat /proc/stb/avs/0/volume

and let me know what the value is?  If it is outside the range 0-63, it's got the race condition too.

You can confirm that by issuing the command

echo 35 > /proc/stb/avs/0/volume

which should restore the volume at about 50%.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 October 2017 - 00:14

p.s.: rc-6.0 has been taken offline, as it was only a test release. so that can't be flashed anymore, and it can't be updated anymore.

I have aborted the running build of 6.0-release, due to a bug that caused samba to fail. So if you bump into that, know that the build is running again with a fix, so please update again tomorrow. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #4 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 6 November 2017 - 19:24

There are more and more indications that the ET9xxx suffers from the same race conditions as the ET8000 and the ET10000.

If you have this issue again, could you login with telnet, and issue the command:

cat /proc/stb/avs/0/volume

and let me know what the value is?  If it is outside the range 0-63, it's got the race condition too.

et9x00 login: root
Password:
root@et9x00:~# cat /proc/stb/avs/0/volume
root@et9x00:~# echo 35 > /proc/stb/avs/0/volume
root@et9x00:~#

ET9000, OpenPLi 4.0, 13E, 19E

HD51, OpenPLi 6.2, 75E - 30W

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #5 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 6 November 2017 - 19:35

I think we can make an *.sh file with the content as suggested by WanWizard above and place the file somewhere in the flash (where exactly?) and then we can use HotKey to assign execution of the file to an unused key such as MARK.

What do you think?

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 7 November 2017 - 11:05

It doesn't really help, as once you use the volume up or down, the problem reappears. Only a restart will fix it.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #7 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 7 November 2017 - 11:32

I think you are right. :(

BTW, is Enigma restart enough or do we need box restart?

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #8 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 7 November 2017 - 12:27

Hi,

I powered on my 2nd ET-9000 which had a former version of OpenPLi 6 (not RC) and had the problem (but it was late and I don't have the PC close to me), I perform an online update and since I no longer have the problem.

You don't need to reboot the box if you have the problem simply toggle off / on the Downmix with the Yellow button and sound is back to normal.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #9 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 7 November 2017 - 20:07

I think you are right. :(

BTW, is Enigma restart enough or do we need box restart?

Try it and share it... I don't have such receivers to test on. I think enigma restart will suffice.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #10 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 November 2017 - 11:21

I will let everybody know when this happens again. Luckily, I have not observed it for 2 days.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #11 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 9 November 2017 - 21:41

Try it and share it... I don't have such receivers to test on. I think enigma restart will suffice.

Indeed. Enigma restart is enough.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #12 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 10:38

And what about my solution just to disable / enable downmix?

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 14:17

If a restart of Enigma fixes it, that may suggest the problem is not a driver problem but an Enigma problem? As it won't re-initialize the drivers?

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #14 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 18:39

But it does close/open the device. That may be enough to reset some values.

I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 10 November 2017 - 19:29

Which device?

On the ET's, it only writes to the proc entry, it doesn't use the mixer (well, it tries, but it's gets a "device busy" error back).

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #16 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2017 - 10:58

I see your point. But maybe the closing and re-opening of the other DVB devices also initiate a reset to default values.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #17 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2017 - 11:59

Disabling AC downmix changing the volume and then enabling the AC downmix is enough to fix the problem, I just test it yesterday.

But in fact the sound is always still working when it is on high level (vol. near to the max red zone of the volume bar), the sound disappeared when you lower it slightly. So the sound in not really totally off, if you go lower no sound but if you go higher you have sound.

But in it seems to me that staying on a DVB channel doesn't produce the problem, I had it when launching an IPTV channel which is using the .ts format (perhaps a pure coincidence). And I wonder if the problem is not coming from the time needed to sync audio and video.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #18 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,605 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 11 November 2017 - 12:54

I never use IPTV, so that seems to be a coincedence.

The problem with both issues seem to be that some race condition triggers a change in the value. In case of the volume I haven't checked as the proc value is in decimal, but for the overscan, the problem is an 8-bit left-shift. My assumption is that the compiler does some sort of word alignment on de variable that stores the value, but the code using it accesses it using a pointer which is or becomes wrong due to the alignment.

That would also explain why 6.0 triggers the problem, as it is compiled with a much more recent version of gcc (6.2.x vs 4.9.x).

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #19 Robinson

• 2,616 posts

+30
Good

Posted 11 November 2017 - 22:03

But in it seems to me that staying on a DVB channel doesn't produce the problem, I had it when launching an IPTV channel which is using the .ts format (perhaps a pure coincidence). And I wonder if the problem is not coming from the time needed to sync audio and video.

It happens on DVB channels, I'm afraid.

The downmix off-on seems to have done the trick although I'm not sure if it always does.

Re: Xtrend OPLi 6: Sound volume problem with downmix on #20 kalehrl

• 468 posts

+8
Neutral

Posted 12 November 2017 - 12:01

I'm also having troubles with bad, crackling analogue sound on Xtrend ET6000.

I thought it had something to do with bad capacitors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users