QuadLNB Multiswitch 4 Satellites 3 Satellites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ZoeperJ

• 65 posts

Neutral

Posted 3 November 2017 - 19:23

Hi OpenPli Forum Members,

Currently we can only receive 19,2°E and 23,5°E (Astra1 and Astra3) with our CAHORS VISIOSAT BISAT G4.

I am looking into installing a third QuadLNB (ALPS slim QUATTRO LNB) but that will mean I will have to change my TechniSat GigaSwitch 9/8 G2.

Now I am looking for a 4 QuadLNB to 6 (or 8) multiswitch and I found one by TechniSat but also one from Atemio.

Can anyone inform me (and the people on the forum) what options there are, and possibly even what the pros or cons are.

Thank to all and enjoy the weekend!

JP

Re: MultiSwitch Technisat, Kathrein, Atemio #2 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 3 November 2017 - 21:27

Did you consider Unicable too?

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: MultiSwitch Technisat, Kathrein, Atemio #3 ZoeperJ

• 65 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 November 2017 - 09:49

No I haven't as I was not really convinced after reading up on Unicable I or II?
Maybe wrong of me :)

Re: MultiSwitch Technisat, Kathrein, Atemio #4 ZoeperJ

• 65 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 November 2017 - 09:59

It seems a bit much for what I am looking for.
It seemingly requires one per QuadLNB and then further switches per TV.
Running up to 400 to 500€ whereas these single solutions from TechniSat are 'only' around 300€

Re: MultiSwitch Technisat, Kathrein, Atemio #5 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 4 November 2017 - 14:28

You might want to consider a smaller setup then you found. A simple Unicable switch for two positions costs about 100 euro's. One cable will then carry 8 user bands (= 8 tuners) on two positions and the LNB's can be of the quattro type, which are cheaper than quad's.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: MultiSwitch Technisat, Kathrein, Atemio #6 ZoeperJ

• 65 posts

Neutral

Posted 4 November 2017 - 23:41

Okay, I'll need to take another look at the Unicable.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: QuadLNB, Multiswitch, 4 Satellites, 3 Satellites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users