Plugin not available

Plugin not available bad magic number

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 November 2017 - 17:22

Am using a Vu+DUO2 and OpenPLI 6 (20171113). When downloading plugins I am getting the following message:

"Some Plugins are not available:

Extension/piconload (Bad magic number usr/lib/enigma2/Plugins/Extensions/piconload/plugin.pyo

1) What is the reason for this issue?

2) How can I solve it?

Re: Plugin not available #2 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:25

Am using a Vu+DUO2 and OpenPLI 6 (20171013). When downloading plugins I am getting the following message:

"Some Plugins are not available:

Extension/piconload (Bad magic number usr/lib/enigma2/Plugins/Extensions/piconload/plugin.pyo

1) What is the reason for this issue?

2) How can I solve it?

Re: Plugin not available #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,806 posts

+1,743
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:27

If that is an extension from the 3rd-party feed, it might be out of date and needs to be removed. "Bad magic number" is a Python error meaning "made for a different version of Python".

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugin not available #4 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 17 November 2017 - 14:50

Thanks for your answer. To the best of my knowledge I have not installed 3rd party extensions. Only from the plugin feed.

I will remove it as U suggested.

Re: Plugin not available #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,806 posts

+1,743
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 19:00

There are plenty of 3rd party packages in the feed. Unfortunately you can't identify them as such. Problem is that they are supplied by people refusing to open source their code (thus violating licenses), so we can't compile them for newer versions, we can't debug them, etc.

We can only remove them if people report they no longer work.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Plugin not available, bad magic number

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users