Photo

Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 09:25

Recently I came into the possession of a Mutant HD2400.

Almost immediately I got a commentary from the wife.  She could not easily see when a program is recorded.

On the old ET and VUduo there is a red LED or picture lit up in the VFD.

The HD2400 VFD is all blue.  And the blinking REC pic is also blue and very tiny.  It does not stand out.  Also the power button goes red, but it is very faint.

(BTW: i want to know when a recording is running, because any channel change will show up in the recording as a glitch.  So when a recording is running we try to limit frequent zapping)

By the way, the complete VFD of the Mutant HD2400 looks nice, but is unreadable from where you watch TV.  So it is more or less useless.  (Only in standby it usable as clock)

My first attempt to resolve this was to look how I could change the info in the VFD.  Only the clock and a large R for Recording is really needed.

However I could not find a way to change the information presented in the VFD.

The second attempt was to use the TV to present the information.

Since during watching TV the time on the VFD is unreadable (too small), I have the plug-in permanent clock installed, which gives me the time in the picture.  (This was also installed on my old VUduo and ET-9500.

I modified the skin for the permanent clock to include the recording symbol.  And stored this in /etc/enigma2/skin_user.xml

Now there is the record symbol just behind the permanent time when a recording is running.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<skin>
  <!-- PermanentClock -->
  <screen name="PermanentClockNewScreen" position="0,0" size="120,30" zPosition="-1" backgroundColor="transparent" title="%s" flags="wfNoBorder">
    <widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="1,1" size="120,30" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" zPosition="0" foregroundColor="foreground" borderWidth="2" font="Regular;30" borderColor="black" valign="center" halign="center">
      <convert type="ClockToText">Default</convert>
    </widget>
    <widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="PLi-HD/buttons/rec.png" position="106,1" size="20,20" zPosition="3" alphatest="on">
      <convert type="ConditionalShowHide"/>
    </widget>
  </screen>

</skin>

Willy

PS: If somebody can help me with reprogramming the VFD of the HD2400, I will give that a go

Edited by doglover, 17 November 2017 - 09:28.

~~Rytec Team~~
Maxytec Multibox SE OpenPli (used as mediaplayer)
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

Sat: 13E, 19.2E, 23.5E and 28.2E
*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #2 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:07

Red synbol was cut off. So changed a couple of values:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
<skin>
  <!-- PermanentClock -->
  <screen name="PermanentClockNewScreen" position="0,0" size="122,30" zPosition="-1" backgroundColor="transparent" title="%s" flags="wfNoBorder">
    <widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="1,1" size="120,30" backgroundColor="transparent" transparent="1" zPosition="0" foregroundColor="foreground" borderWidth="2" font="Regular;30" borderColor="black" valign="center" halign="center">
      <convert type="ClockToText">Default</convert>
    </widget>
    <widget source="session.RecordState" render="Pixmap" pixmap="PLi-HD/buttons/rec.png" position="102,1" size="20,20" zPosition="3" alphatest="on">
    </widget>
  </screen>

</skin>

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 11:11

Apart from that I agree the default VFD skin for HD2400 sucks,

(BTW: i want to know when a recording is running, because any channel change will show up in the recording as a glitch.  So when a recording is running we try to limit frequent zapping)

I wonder where this comes from, because in the few years I have a HD2400, I have never observed this. And I have often all 4 tuners in use.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #4 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 14:05

Probably from the setup I am using from the dish.  I had this on all the devices I have used.  (ET-9500, VUduo and even the DMM7025).

But I cannot find the problem. 

It is not a HD2400 problem.

The easiest way you can observe this behaviour is using PIP.  And then start zapping in the PIP window.  Watch the main picture for glitches.

You will find that the problem does not occur with every zap you make.  f.i. zapping on channels from the same transporter does not produce glitches.

But also other combinations are glitch free. 

It depends on both the channels in the main window and in the PIP window.

f.i. Main window: één HD

zapping in the PIP window to BBC One HD:  Big glitch.

After that I can Zap in the PIP window to any channel from 28.2E without a glitch in the main window.

But with één HD in the main window and zapping to another channel in the PIP not on the same transponder as één HD but on 23.5 E or 19.2 E will yield very often to a glitch.

Willy

Edited by doglover, 17 November 2017 - 14:21.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 19:05

Smells like a diseqC switch issue?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #6 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 17 November 2017 - 20:41

hey all have been replaced with another brand (along time ago), also with 2 LNB's .

Did not make a bit of a difference.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,303 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:32

Weird. It's not my area of expertise, so I wouldn't really know. It's not a configuration issue, for example that the box also sends voltage besides the DiseqC command?

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #8 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:57

I have (and always had) the same issue using an Unicable LNB.

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #9 mrvica

• 1,216 posts

+80
Good

Posted 18 November 2017 - 17:31

the good old plugin permanent clock, someone added event_now progress bar, I added record state to it, @doglover I needed this too, copy it into extensions and restart e2, you can find it then in plugins, to activate bar and record state you´ll probably need to restart e2 again

Attached Files

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #10 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:05

Weird. It's not my area of expertise, so I wouldn't really know. It's not a configuration issue, for example that the box also sends voltage besides the DiseqC command?

Tried to play with these settings on the et-9500.  But no real progress made.  Sometimes it seemed to be better, but after a couple of days the problem was back.  And I suppose the settings did not alter themselves.

I did not try to do anything special on the HD-2400.  Just used the automatic configuration of OpenPLi6.  Did not alter anything.

Willy

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #11 doglover

• Rytec EPG Team
  • 16,974 posts

+635
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2017 - 10:20

As to the point of the Recordstate.  I tried to play with the VFD (actually it is a oled) of the HD2400

Since the information is unreadable from the couch when watching TV, I decided to get rid of the information presented and replace it with something I need and can read.

I need a clock and the recording state.

So this is the modification I did to the skin_user.xml file (/usr/share/enigma2/)

<fonts>
  <!-- pick a funky name for the font, so we don't conflict -->
  <font filename="nmsbd.ttf" name="FdLcD" scale="100"/>
  <alias name="Huger" font="FdLcD" size="76" height="64" />
  <alias name="Huge" font="FdLcD" size="56" height="56" />
  <alias name="Bigger" font="FdLcD" size="38" height="38" />
  <alias name="Big" font="FdLcD" size="30" height="32" />
  <alias name="Clock" font="FdLcD" size="30" height="28" />
  <alias name="MediumX" font="FdLcD" size="28" height="24" />
  <alias name="Medium" font="FdLcD" size="22" height="24" />
  <alias name="Small" font="FdLcD" size="18" height="20" />
  <alias name="Tiny" font="FdLcD" size="10" />
</fonts>

<!-- main-->
<screen name="InfoBarSummary" position="0,0" size="256,64">
   <widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="5,2" size="160,60" font="Huge" noWrap="1"> <!-- ### -->
       <convert type="ClockToText"/>
    </widget>
      <widget source="session.RecordState" render="FixedLabel" text="®" font="Huge" position="164,2" size="60,60" noWrap="1">
    </widget>
</screen>
<screen name="InfoBarMoviePlayerSummary" position="fill">
   <widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="5,2" size="160,60" font="Huge" noWrap="1"> <!-- ### -->
       <convert type="ClockToText"/>
    </widget>
      <widget source="session.RecordState" render="FixedLabel" text="®" font="Huge" position="164,2" size="60,60" noWrap="1">
    </widget>
</screen>

Used to ® symbol as record symbol  (I know it means registered - but it is close enough, and it saved me creating a Pixmap)

Willy

Edited by doglover, 19 November 2017 - 10:22.

~~Rytec Team~~
Mutant HD2400 OpenPli
Vu+ Duo OpenPli (backup)

Synology NAS

*Pli/Rytec EPG POWERED*

Re: Record Logo added to Permanent clock (mutant HD2400) #12 Rob van der Does

• 7,766 posts

+184
Excellent

Posted 19 November 2017 - 17:57

I have (and always had) the same issue using an Unicable LNB.

I just changed my main receiver (from DUO2 to GB Quad+) and it seems this issue has gone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users