iptv

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 simo83

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2017 - 00:24

Hi

I am using now vu+ duo for IPTV. I am very happy with openpli image for IPTV. It is very stable and smooth.

I want to buy a new box . My VU+ Duo is not able to stream high quality movies. It hangs. There is not enough memory.

However I don't need a satellite or cable tuner. I want to use a receiver with Openpli image only for IPTV. 

I am thinking to buy VU+ Solo 4K however it does not make sense to pay 350 Euro for Tuners that I don't use.

is there some box  that i can use that does not have any tuners at all ? 

It needs enough memory and CPU and should be able to handle 4K.

Edited by simo83, 14 December 2017 - 00:29.

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:50

Not one that we support. The only one was the zgemma i55, but that is a simple entry-level box.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #3 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:01

Which IPTV provider and which 'quality movie stream' provider is offering legal services to run legally on an enigma2 based receiver ?

And if they excist, my guess is that they have a customer support that can advice which box to purchase ti use with their offered services.

Edited by Dimmie, 14 December 2017 - 04:03.

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #4 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:37

Hi, what about the VU+ Zero 4K? ciao

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:21

Hi,

STBs are not real multi media players so this is quite a non sense to purchase a STB just for IPTV.

Purchase any chinese Android TV box you will get them for a cheap price and they will be perfect for what you are trying to do and you will be able to also properly run Kodi if you like it.

I guess that your IPTV provider has an Android or Kodi application to run its service and you will get more feature than using a STB.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #6 simo83

• 5 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 December 2017 - 21:23

Hi,  Thank you all for your reply. 

I have experience with these products:

My provider sold me the subscription with android box  Q-BOX 16GB. Remote control was not very intuitive and slow and my hand started to hurt. Switching between bouquets was really annoying and slow.  (tried multiple android applications without any Luck. GSE IPTV, Perfect Player IPTV , simple IPTV client  etc  )

Also tried MXQ Pro Android Tv Box 4K. same as Qbox. really slow and does not play  "avi" streams and was not able to stream some 4K movies.

another 2 reasons why android box was not a success. EPG was not working for all channels  also ssh to the box is not working.

My provider has also Mag250 which does not support 4K.

That is why I tried My VU+ duo and to my surprise I had really great experience. Remote control is smooth.  I have installed Rytec XML TV and now I have EPG for almost all channels   (only recording is not working and EPG for Arabic channels is nowhere to find.)

Even though openpli is not really an IPTV box, I have the best experience with it now. I think I am going to buy this one.   VU+ Uno 4K

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #7 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 14 December 2017 - 21:52

If you're not interested in tuners, the VU+ Zero 4K might be better value.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #8 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 01:10

Not one that we support. The only one was the zgemma i55, but that is a simple entry-level box.

I use zgemma i55 with OpenPli just for streaming and it works without a hitch.
Very nice little machine that does it work and never needed a reboot.
The only ugly thing is the remote control but you could probably buy a better one if needed. It is really small as well and I have hidden it behind the telly so it's practically invisible.

I would highly recommend it as a slave for example to my Ultimo 4K or Uno 4K.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #9 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2018 - 13:07

I use a Vu Zero for that purpose. It comes with an IR extender zo it is easy to hide behind the TV.

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #10 kermith

• 182 posts

+2
Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 14:25

I use a Vu Zero for that purpose. It comes with an IR extender zo it is easy to hide behind the TV.

WOW, does it come with the extender as default or is it an extra thing you'll have to buy?

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #11 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 2 January 2018 - 14:30

The IR Extender comes with the box as default

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Enigma2 receiver for IPTV only, without tuners #12 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,301 posts

+1,718
Excellent

Posted 2 January 2018 - 14:58

Same is true for the new Zero 4K btw.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: iptv

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users