Photo

Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x

• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #121 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 4 February 2019 - 22:34

okay - something went wrong with the 2nd picture, it should have shown a timer conflict report from the 1st remote recorder ........

now it's just a copy of the 1st picture

Edited by jeanclaude, 4 February 2019 - 22:35.

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #122 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 4 February 2019 - 23:09

I tested it here several times and it works... it simply does not use fallback for recordings... the patch and impact on the code is also simple... but indeed it does not solve the issue described in it’s first commit...

Partnerbox does also not solve that issue...

Edited by littlesat, 4 February 2019 - 23:12.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #123 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 4 February 2019 - 23:24

I'll be upgrading my gigablue UHD 4K to PLi 7.0 next week - I'm willing to give the new fallbacktuner functionalities a try if you can assure me that it will not use this tuner for any recordings, and it should not affect the timer sanity checking in any way ! If not I'll stick to partnerbox.......

ps - can I set up 2 different fallbacktuners (as I have 3 receivers in my local network) ?

DreamBox 7000S+8000HD (eindelijk), openPLi, CCcam, 85 cm schotel, draaibare opstelling en VEEL te weinig slaap.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #124 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2019 - 00:16

ps - can I set up 2 different fallbacktuners (as I have 3 receivers in my local network) ?

No.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #125 jeanclaude

• 866 posts

+28
Good

Posted 5 February 2019 - 00:31

I suspected as much .......  Partnerbox : 1,  FallbackTuner : 0

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #126 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2019 - 01:04

You can't compare the two.

The fallback tuner is a fully transparent additional tuner based on streams. Partnerbox (and remote stream converter), require manual actions, you need to import, you need to generate alternatives if you want to map local to remote channels, you need to think and plan your recordings as you need to manually create them on a remote box, and so on.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #127 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2019 - 07:20

@jeancloude:

I´ve the same situation. I´ve three boxes and  I use Partnerbox to import from the two remote boxes the bouquets to have access to it by manually selection if I would like to do that.

Additional I will use the comfort of fallbacktuner for using it automatically for live TV if my local tuners are busy with recordings. That works actually perfekt with a workaround I´ve implementet but not without the workaround from me. Without my workaround sometimes the fallbacktuner is used for a recording instead of  the last local tuner if the last local tuner provides  live TV. I would like to use only all local tuners which also the timer conflict algorithm has used for conflict detection. The last timer must switch the live TV tuner to the recording channel. After that I can switch manually back to the LIVE TV channel and than the fallbacktuner will by used for LIVe TV. That is fine for me and successful recordings.

Additional there ist no problem to record channels from the remote bouquest but with no garantuee if the remote box used the tuner for their recording.

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #128 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2019 - 07:30

@all in the discussion:

I can´t understand until today one thing.

If a user enables fallbacktuner and have local tuners in the box, from my knowledge the normal timer programm conflict detection only works with the local tuners because there is no knowledge about the remote tuners in the fallbacktuner box. So if a user use the conflict detection than a from my point of view it is logical that the box uses all local tuners for the timer recording. What exactly is the advantage or the idea behind the fallbacktuner handling from today which use the fallbacktuner instead of the local tuner if the last local tuner provides LIVE TV? If have thougt in some past day about these handling and for me it is not locical.

Which setup needs this handling ? Only setups without local tuners? But a setup without local tuners can´t use the timer conflict detection.

So is the solution for the problem in this thread to prevent using fallbacktuner for recordings if the box use local tuners for safe recordings and if no local tuners are configured then recording with fallbacktuner is allowed? 

Receiver:2 x Uno4k SE (PLI 7.3 rel), 1 x ET9200 (PLI 4.0), NAS: 2 x QNAP 410, TV: LG 65C8llla, LG 47LB570V, LG 42LM615S, Sound: Yamaha RX-v663, Teufel System 5 THX

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #129 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2019 - 09:13

The fallback timer checks the timer on the server/fallback box and gives feedback when there is a conflict remotely.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #130 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2019 - 09:53

Is this only valid if import timer of fallback timer is enable? If have disable this

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #131 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 5 February 2019 - 09:58

Yep... without you do not program the timer on the remote box.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #132 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 5 February 2019 - 10:15

Is the conclusion then:

if a user don´t import the timer of fallbacktimer then it makes no sense to use fallbacktuner for recordings: and if he imports timer of fallbacktuners, then the box can use fallbacktuner for recordings?

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #133 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2019 - 13:31

The fallback timer checks the timer on the server/fallback box and gives feedback when there is a conflict remotely.

What is a fallbacktimer?

The fallback tuner does no checking whatsoever. That's why it's a fallback tuner. If you enable the fallback tuner, conflict detection cannot work.

I can't stress enough, if you want full control over your recordings, don't use the fallback tuner. Use partnerbox or something similar. The way it works is dictated by the design of enigma (as far as you can call it a design, really ...) and cannot easily be changed.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #134 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 16 February 2019 - 13:37

What is a fallbacktimer?

Remote timers, which you can enable besides the fallback tuner. So you can set a timer remotely, on the receiver providing the fallback tuner.

Littlesat means that when you set such a timer, the conflict detection mechanism of the fallback receiver applies (which is logical, as it is a local timer there), and you will not have these conflict issues.

So, do not record a fallback tuner locally, but set a remote timer instead.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #135 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:18

Do you mean:

- creating a local reference to a remote service (either manually or using remote bouquet importer)

- setting a timer locally to that reference

I think that is a good approach but conflict detection still won't work because enigma can't assign a tuner to a remote serviceref so it will always succeed.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #136 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,123 posts

+685
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:41

The timerconflict on the server box does it’s work and replies the conflict via de owif... so the client box indicates there is a conflict (without giving further details....as owif does now not give the conflicting timers)

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #137 anudanan

• 1,185 posts

+16
Neutral

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:44

Now I have understand the following

If I use fallbacktuner and also fallbacktimer then if I programm a timer and if I have a local tuner conflict then the box programm automatically a remote timer on the remote box over OWIF and can use the timerconflict detection of the remote box for the remote timers.

If this is true then I think also in this setup It makes no sense to use a remote fallbacktuner for recording a movie with local timer. You know this will happen if a user uses the last local tuner and the next local timer use the fallbacktuner instead of switching to local tuner to the timer channel.  The use of the remote fallbacktuner for local timer is not safe because if the remote timers on the remote box must use all tuners of the remote box then the recording of the local timer with the fallbacktuner fails.

So from the past until know I see now advantage to use the remotefallbacktuner for local timers.

Have I understand that correctly?

Re: Why is the handling of fallbacktuner and timer in 6.1 different to pli 4.x #138 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 17 February 2019 - 11:57

A local timer only makes sense if the local box doesn't have access to the strorage media of the remote box, which is unlikely since if you can stream, you can also access it's media.

The only notable exception being streaming over internet, in that case you do want a local recording.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users