• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 20 February 2018 - 18:29

The problem with that is that you just move the maintenance point elsewhere.

The only solution is that they start using a stable version control system. I don't understand that with free platforms like Github, Bitbucket and others, they still insist on maintaining their own, clearly flaky, infrastructure. I don't even care that it is subversion, move to BitBucket if they insist on that...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #22 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 09:04

Ok, so I built the image.

I have built the feeds.

Linked the feeds.

But when the feeds are built there are no 3rd party feeds.

What do I do to add those?

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 16:35

They are not there at all? Or do they contain no or the wrong link?

The 3rd-party feeds are generated in ./recipes-openpli/enigma2/3rd-party-feed-configs.bb, not sure if the defaults in there are still connect, our build system injects custom data for stuff like this...

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #24 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 17:19

Completely missing. Image is useless without them.

Attached File  1.jpg   35.91KB   5 downloads

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #25 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:25

Did you only build the image or also the feed? PLi is different than OE-A images. OE-A always builds the feed with the image. PLi don't do it.

You have to do this:

cd build
source env.source
MACHINE=... bitbake openpli-enigma2-feed

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #26 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:26

doing a MACHINE=XXXXX bitbake openpli-enigma2-feed just completes the ipk's for ALL,  the processor feeds e.g. cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4 and the machine specific ipks' e.g. HD51 .. as per Huevos post there are no 3rd-party feeds

e.g in the HD51 opkg there are entries for 3rd-party and 3rd-party-hd51 which are not generated by either the normal build or the specific feed build

Edited by twol, 22 February 2018 - 18:29.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:35

I am still not convinced that we should. We're not paying for servers and bandwidth so every homebuilder (and more important, every based-on builder) can re-use our feeds?

I also don't agree with the statement that "it is useless" without. All the 3rd-party feed contains is stuff that can not be build from source. Which isn't something we care about very much...

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #28 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,951 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 18:57

Two times agree.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #29 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:21

Reason it is useless is because if those URLs are broken it is impossible to build and OPKG update.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #30 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:44

why?

this 'failed to download... 3rd-party' error is harmless, all other stuff upgrades just fine...

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #31 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:49

Ok, I give up. If I can't build an image that is identical to the official image what is the point?

The whole point is to have an identical image to test code in.

And why does the image call itself homebuild and have images in it saying this is not genuine?

Edited by Huevos, 22 February 2018 - 19:51.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #32 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 19:58

well, I somehow agree that 'not genuine' is not the best wording (?) for distinguishing official-openpli-server-built image and homebuilt one, but does it this make image useless? ;)

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #33 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 20:15

It is not identical. And it has the feeds missing.

It's like buying a table and when you get it home you find it has half a leg missing.

If I knew this beforehand I wouldn't have wasted 2 days on this.

Edited by Huevos, 22 February 2018 - 20:19.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #34 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 20:23

1) it is identical, except bootlogo

2) only the 3rd-party is missing, all others you build yourself, and then set up feedserver on your build machine (somehow assumed that have this done already/?/)

here's how-to, for nginx:

https://forums.openp...ndpost&p=618400

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #35 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 21:43

Eactly. As everything in the 3rd-party feed is binary, with absolutely zero relation to OpenPLi and the build process, it has zero impact on the image, present or not.

I don't know what your problem is, Huevos.

They only reason I can think of is that you want to use your homebuild image on your day-to-day box, and you are angry that you can't because the feed isn't in the box. If that is the case, then say so instead of hover around your real reasons. If it is too complicated for you to either create the correct conf file yourself, or copy it from another image / box, I wonder why you would need a develop image? 

Besides that, you've been told several times that we're working on releasing develop images. Since I can do miracles overnight, but magic requires some planning, you'll have to wait until that is done.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #36 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 21:50

Build server is on the public internet. Feeds are in-situ. This is how I do it for my OpenViX build too. I'm considering just linking to my OpenViX 3rd party feeds, but not sure if the content will cause a mismatch.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #37 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 21:53

Again, the 3rd-party feed only contains binary files, plugins delivered in ipk format. They have zero relation to OpenPLi, and probably zero relation to other images too.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #38 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 21:59

E

I wonder why you would need a develop image?

Because without a develop branch image I can't test properly test my commits. Not really sure what you mean about not being able to edit a .conf file. And I've been building my own images for a few years now so I'm not green.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #39 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,244 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:01

Again, the 3rd-party feed only contains binary files, plugins delivered in ipk format. They have zero relation to OpenPLi, and probably zero relation to other images too.

Yes but in other images if you build the image the 3rd party feeds are present.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,559 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:01

That is why I didn't understand your reply. ;)

You don't need the 3rd-party feed for testing (as there is nothing OpenPLi related in there), and if you do need it (for example to test some plugin interaction), creating the conf file to enable the feed, or manually installing the ipk, is a matter of seconds...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users