• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #41 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:07

Yes but in other images if you build the image the 3rd party feeds are present.

We don't use the traditional bitbake way (MACHINE=... bitbake openpli-enigma2-image) of building images, but have custom build scripts. I use the same scripts on my own buildserver, because I need to stay in line with the build process.

Having said that, "openpli-image.bb" contains "3rd-party-feed-configs" in it's IMAGE_INSTALL, and "3rd-party-feed-configs.bb" contains everything needed to create the feed config. So if you build "openpli-image", it should contain the feed?

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #42 athoik

• PLi® Core member
  • 8,458 posts

+327
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:12

I think the problem is that URL is wrong...

Creating a 3rd-party-feed-configs.bbappend with the following in meta-local should produce correct 3rd party feed url's.
DISTRO_NAME = "openpli"
DISTRO_VERSION = "4"

Wavefield T90: 0.8W - 1.9E - 4.8E - 13E - 16E - 19.2E - 23.5E - 26E - 33E - 39E - 42E - 45E on EMP Centauri DiseqC 16/1
Unamed: 13E Quattro - 9E Quattro on IKUSI MS-0916

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #43 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:24

That was what I asked a lot of posts ago. Is the package not created at all, or is it created, but does it contain the wrong info? But never saw an answer to that.

The recipe needs to be updated anyway, as pli-images.org is our old domain, no longer used, so I'd like to phase that out of current code as soon as possible.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #44 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:29

That was what I asked a lot of posts ago. Is the package not created at all, or is it created, but does it contain the wrong info? But never saw an answer to that.

The recipe needs to be updated anyway, as pli-images.org is our old domain, no longer used, so I'd like to phase that out of current code as soon as possible.

I answered that here. https://forums.openp...e-2#entry848789

They are missing from deploy. Is that where they should be in a PLi build?

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #45 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:30

I'll tell you in a second, need to wake up my buildserver. ;)

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #46 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:32

I have it in deploy, in the ipk directory:

./ipk/galaxy4k/3rd-party-feed-configs_1.0-r0.1_galaxy4k.ipk

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #47 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:48

I have it in deploy, in the ipk directory:

./ipk/galaxy4k/3rd-party-feed-configs_1.0-r0.1_galaxy4k.ipk

That doesn't correspond with what is in /etc/opkg

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #48 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:52

I answered that here. https://forums.openp...e-2#entry848789

They are missing from deploy. Is that where they should be in a PLi build?

no...

in openpli there's only ipk package that contains /etc/opkg links to 3rd party feed /openpli/ server

True sarcasm doesn't need green font...

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #49 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 22:56

wait, so the homebuild images are / were supposed to be allowed to use openpli's 3rd party feed or not?
you should've told... I was about to tell few posts abolve, how to change the conf file exactly, but had bite my tongue B)
and the DISTRO_NAME is the key here ;)

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #50 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 22 February 2018 - 23:11

wait, so the homebuild images are / were supposed to be allowed to use openpli's 3rd party feed or not?
you should've told... I was about to tell few posts abolve, how to change the conf file exactly, but had bite my tongue B)
and the DISTRO_NAME is the key here ;)

So can you explain please.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #51 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2018 - 07:41

ok, let's try...

in your local build the DISTRO_VERSION (I meant that, and no 'name') is 'homebuild'

'develop' image doesn't have 'own' 3rd party feed, uses the one of '6-release'

now take a look into 3rd-party-feed.conf in /etc/opkg and you should be able to figure it out ;)

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #52 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2018 - 13:47

I think we're still running around in circles.

As I thought I understood from Huevos, when he installs his homebuild image, there is NO conf file in /etc/opkg for the 3rd-party feed.

If that is the case, the question is why either the recipe is not build (means no ipk in deploy), or the recipe builds an incorrect ipk. Either way, the discussions about are about an incorrect feed name, with isn't relevant if the entire ipk is missing.

So let's start from the beginning:

• is there is isn't there an 3rd-party-feed-configs ipk in deploy?
  • if it is there, we need to check if it contains the conf file, and if the value in the conf file is ok
  • if it is not there, we need to figure out why it isn''t build, as it is an image dependency

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #53 blzr

• PLi® Core member
  • 2,269 posts

+118
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2018 - 14:15

I can tell you for sure that 3rd party feed is present in homebuild image...

bart@brtX:~$ cat /home/bart/openpli-oe-core/build/tmp/deploy/images/vs1500/openpli-enigma2-homebuild-vs1500.rootfs.manifest | grep 3rd*
3rd-party-feed-configs vs1500 1.0-r0
bart@brtX:~$
however the link in 3rd party conf needs adjustment since it contains homebuild as distro version (which is part of the link) hence directs to non-existent location on openpli server... 

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #54 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 23 February 2018 - 14:52

Ok, then I misunderstood it.

If that is the case, then we need to decide internally if we want to open our feeds for homebuilds. If so, fix the recipe. If not, remove the recipe and only inject it in our own builds.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #55 Erik Slagter

• PLi® Core member
  • 46,960 posts

+541
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:31

BTW I never have any 3rd party plugins installed on my receivers, I think that proves one can very well test without having the 3rd party feed around. OTOH as soon as you start using 3rd party plugins, things will break sooner or later regardless the exact version of your image.

Instead of trying very hard to keep the 3rd party stuff alive, I'd much rather have some of the "life saving" 3rd party plugins be added to our own feed, one way or another. As long as the .py files are included, we can make a repository of it ourselves. Otherwise, it seems .pyo and .pyc can be decompiled.

* Wavefrontier T90 with 28E/23E/19E/13E via SCR switches 2 x 2 x 6 user bands
I don't read PM -> if you have something to ask or to report, do it in the forum so others can benefit. I don't take freelance jobs.
Ik lees geen PM -> als je iets te vragen of te melden hebt, doe het op het forum, zodat anderen er ook wat aan hebben.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #56 Huevos

• PLi® Contributor
  • 4,247 posts

+158
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2018 - 12:06

The 3rd party conf files are present in /etc/opkg. So for homebuild we either need correct URLs in those .conf files... or if these feeds are deemed un important then no .conf files for 3rd party at all.

The grab I posted was the folder structure of the ipk directory. Nothing to do with the image loaded on the receiver. This is where the 3rd party feeds reside if you build an OE-Alliance image. This is what lead to this confussion.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #57 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2018 - 13:51

Ok, so that cleared the discussion up, the feed is there, but contains the incorrect URL. I'll have a look later.

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #58 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 24 February 2018 - 20:56

I've updated the recipe, if someone can let me know if it now generates the correct URL? And if not, post here what exactly is generated?

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #59 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:30

I've updated the recipe, if someone can let me know if it now generates the correct URL? And if not, post here what exactly is generated?

OK, that has worked for me generating in /etc/opkg - 3rd-party feeds with e.g. src/gz openpli-3rd-party(-hd51) http://downloads.ope...lease/3rd-party(-hd51)

- and the others with my local Apache feed server e.g. src/gz openpli-hd51 http://192.168.0.171...enpli/hd51/hd51

...... and download plugins shows all elements

Edited by twol, 25 February 2018 - 12:33.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: Why does OpenPLi ask for patches... #60 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,625 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:38

Thanks for the feedback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users