Photo

HELP ZGEMMA H2H

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 falcorosso

• 88 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:11

Explain to me the "WHY?" after having passed the update of 19/12/2018 the bootlogo has always been: Openpli 2018/12/02 ???

Re: HELP ZGEMMA H2H #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,621 posts

+1,739
Excellent

Posted 19 February 2018 - 22:54

That should not be the case anymore.

If I check an OpenPLi 6.1 box here that hasn't been updated yet, 

opkg update && opkg list-upgradeble | grep bootlogo

gives me

openpli-bootlogo - 20180212-r0.408 - 20180219-r0.510

which is correct, it updates from 20180212 (last week Monday) to 20180219 (Today).

However, you may notice that the revision number has increased massively, from 408 to 510. This is because the bootlogo ipk is build for every box, even though there is only one bootlogo package, in the "all" feed. Bitbake doesn't see that it is the same. This means that for 60-odd boxes, the same ipk builds 60-odd times.

This also means that the image file, the file you  flash, will contain the bootlogo ipk that was build for that box, and that ipk will have a lower revision number than the feed, unless your box happens to be the last one build. And this causes that after you have flashed the box, there is still a bootlogo update present (which actually doesn't update anythng, it's the same bootlogo, but with a higher number).

You could also notice this if you update your box before the entire buildrun is finished. This could be that when you update you get revision 486, and if you update again 15 minutes later, you see the bootlogo again, with number 488. And this will go on until the build run is finished, and you will see 510, the revision for the last box built.

So, a bitbake quirk we have no idea how to work around. We've tried and given up. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: HELP ZGEMMA H2H #3 falcorosso

• 88 posts

Neutral

Posted 20 February 2018 - 20:37

problem solved by itself, proceeding as follows:

- menu
- settings
- software update
answer:
- there are three packages to be installed
I proceed to update and after the restart as if by magic everything is ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic