Photo

Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 13 April 2018 - 10:22

Have flashed my VU+Duo2 with OpenPLI 6.2 (built April 5, 2018). Had made an auto BU on the stick and HDD. Flashing went OK and answered yes to restore Backup.

After rebooting I found out that all channels bouquets were backed up but plugins previously downloade from the feed were missing including softcams.

It is my undersyanding that when making an AutoBU on HDD or USB stick plugins from OpenPLI feed should be backedup as well. Correct?

How can I restore the Backup including all the plugins.

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,565 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 13 April 2018 - 11:41

Yes. And that should work fine unless the name of the plugin has changed (happens sometimes).

Can you check your backup, is there a file named autoinstall? And does it have a list of plugin names?

If you login using telnet, and issue this command, what is the result?

opkg update && opkg install enigma2-plugin-softcams-oscam

p.s. I can't repeat it often enough, there is no 6.2-release image, only a 6.2-rc image, which is a test image. 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #3 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 22 April 2018 - 16:25

Sorry for my late reply I was out of town for a few days..

I used DCC E2 and I'd like to send you a copy of the Telnet message after I entered the command. is there a simpel way to copy the Telnet message and paste it into this post??

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #4 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 22 April 2018 - 19:14

Did you enable "create autoinstall" In the plugin before you made a backup?

Because if you didn't the plugin only backsup the settings.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #5 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2018 - 09:30

No I did not.

Anyhow RC 6.2 works fine on my VU+DUO2. No crashes no freezes experienced so far.

Regarding the plugins I just want to make one more comment: as described previously  could not see the Plugins restored after flashing with the RC 6.2. However when re-installing the Plugins like the Sofcams or the analog clock (to mention only these 2) I did not have to do any of the settings. Plugins worked once re-installed. It looks and I REPEAT IT LOOKS LIKE although the plugins were not visible after restoring the BU the settings were restored. Could that be the case?

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #6 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,565 posts

+1,737
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2018 - 12:26

Some boxes have to option to redirect the console to the framebuffer, so you can see on screen what happens. Others don't, so you'll be staring at the bootlogo for 5 minutes while the restore happens.

We are looking into some sort of progress bar to be displayed when the restore is running, but we haven't found a good solution yet. Enigma isn't running at that moment, so we can't use any of the regular solutions... 

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #7 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 23 April 2018 - 15:37

OK, I see, I have not explored yet whether my box has the option to redirect the console to follow the sequence of events on screen but I will. Your thoughts about a "progress bar" to be dispayed during BU sounds like a great idea, Hope you will be able to make it work.

I will set up the Automatic BU and create the autosinstall!! Since all is working fine on my VU+Duo2 with RC 6.2 for now I assume we can close this case? OK?

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #8 Meega

• 3,000 posts

+51
Good

Posted 23 April 2018 - 15:54

The autobackup backsup the settings witch include /etc/enigma2/settings.

In this file al the settings from plugins are stored.

That's the reason you didn't have to change anything when installing any plugin you've installed before.

Edited by Meega, 23 April 2018 - 15:55.

ET10000+ Openpli 6.1,1m schotel 4x duo-lnb op vaste opstelling.

Momolights teensy 2.0 met 50 leds op een string ,150 channels
DM8000 Openpli 6.1 Release

Re: Plugins missing after flashing with openPLI 6.2 & restore backup #9 Belgianviking

• 48 posts

Neutral

Posted 24 April 2018 - 17:42

Many thanks for clarifying this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users