formuler f1 long time to boot

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:35

hi, I have some long wait to boot the box. I did several software update, and box runs and boot quick at first boot but not next booting ones. has anyone experienced this behaviour on formuler f1 box with v.6.1R?? there are some test as try with other images... not tested by me by the moment. I wonder if my box flash is corrupted. how to know if it is damaged?? thanks in advance!!

Edited by daveraver, 21 April 2018 - 12:35.

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #2 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2018 - 12:42

long time ago i had similar problem ... it was due a lot of same lines in /etc/fstab (bat it was repaired yet in autobackup)- may be, your backup has it too and your restore put it back to fstab ?

Check this file (/etc/fstab)

Kdo nic nedělá, nic nezkazí!

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #3 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 21 April 2018 - 15:46

long time ago i had similar problem ... it was due a lot of same lines in /etc/fstab (bat it was repaired yet in autobackup)- may be, your backup has it too and your restore put it back to fstab ?

Check this file (/etc/fstab)

Thanks for the tip, but it is not my case, not repeated lines on file /etc/fstab

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #4 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,669 posts

+1,740
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2018 - 15:50

Log in directly after it has booted, get the output of "dmesg", and look at where it takes a lot of time.

If there are no delays there, then enigma takes its time to startup. That can be debugged using

init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 /usr/bin/enigma

and see where it takes its time. When done

ctrl-C
init 3

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #5 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 21 April 2018 - 17:27

init 4
ENIGMA_DEBUG_LVL=4 enigma2

Btw - some mounted NAS or network device ?

Edited by ims, 21 April 2018 - 17:28.

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #6 daveraver

• 412 posts

+5
Neutral

Posted 22 April 2018 - 00:34

No, no network device mounted: I've tried WanWizard debug, and I dont know why, but box booting has been fixed, I have just seen one thing doesnt go rigth, the epg cache path was wrong, I just match the rigth path to the mount point of my usb pendrive.partition, it was mounted on /media/usb and epg engine was looking on /media/sda2... I dont know what I have corrected but now the box loads enigma2 employing a reasonable time, rebooting box or rebooting enigma... that's curious... It has lasting so days this problem,,, finally solved, but dont know how... greetings

Re: formuler f1 long time to boot #7 ims

• PLi® Core member
  • 13,625 posts

+212
Excellent

Posted 22 April 2018 - 06:19

After flash and restore I am making always one box reboot, because on Formuler1 is mounted my usb disk as sdc1. After reboot is all ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users