New menu structure in 6.2

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Stan

• 312 posts

Neutral

Posted 25 April 2018 - 08:16

Just a brief feedback:

This morning I updated to the latest 6.2rc and was surprised to see that it got a new menu structure.
It's so much better than 6.1, very logical, it's a pleasure to use.

So whoever did this - thanks a lot - good work! :)

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #2 Taykun345

• 1,296 posts

+41
Good

Posted 27 April 2018 - 10:43

SHow does it look? I dont use 6.2 rc yet... Can you take pic?

Army MoodBlue HD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...-MoodBlueHD-mod
Matrix10 MH-HD2 skin modification by me: https://github.com/B...-MX-HD2-OpenPli
MetrixHD skin modification by me: https://github.com/T...xHD-WPstyle-mod
Slovenian translation for OpenPLi E2: https://github.com/T...ion-for-OpenPLi

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #3 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:24

It is not that different, items are better organized into logical groups, so things are easier to find.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,047 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:28

Can you please move the:  Display EIT now/next in the infobar into the menu that manage all the EPG parameters?

Since EIT EPG now/next is part of EPG informations would be more logical to find this parameter there.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #5 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:34

Created a ticket for it: https://devtools.openpli.org/issues/22

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #6 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,047 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:42

Thanks for the link but I cannot connect it, isn't it reserved for people part of the development team (who have access to the private part of the forum)?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #7 Abu Baniaz

• PLi® Contributor
  • 2,414 posts

+61
Good

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:50

On other images, EPG is a menu of its own. With settings and plugins all in there.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #8 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 11:52

Thanks for the link but I cannot connect it, isn't it reserved for people part of the development team (who have access to the private part of the forum)?

You should be able to login with your forum credentials, there isn't a single signon yet (my RoR isn't that great ;)).

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #9 Stan

• 312 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 12:02

Can you please move the:  Display EIT now/next in the infobar into the menu that manage all the EPG parameters?
Since EIT EPG now/next is part of EPG informations would be more logical to find this parameter there.

All parameters that control what is shown or not, are in "User interface".
Why move this particular one from there??

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #10 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,047 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 21:26

You should be able to login with your forum credentials, there isn't a single signon yet (my RoR isn't that great ;)).

Yes I should be able but it doesn't work. :)  That's why I was thinking that I have perhaps no access to it.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #11 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,047 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 21:31

All parameters that control what is shown or not, are in "User interface".
Why move this particular one from there??

Because it is linked with EPG and when you want to turn off the EIT EPG you need to disable it in the EPG menu and also in the User Interface.

Don't you think that since it is related with the EPG it is more logical to go in the EPG dedicated menu to turn it on/off?

Since even if you turn it off (since it is linked with EIT EPG) and you import the EPG with EPGimport you will still have the current/next displayed in the infobar but this one is coming from your imported EPG.

So this option is not at all a User Interface parameter but a pure EPG EIT parameter that must be in the global EPG menu (more logical).

If you want to disable the EPG current/next in the infobar this should be done by a dedicated parameter that don't exist yet. And this one will then be a true User Interface one.

Pr2

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #12 boldherri

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 21:38

with this change I can no longer tune the channels, it tells me synonymous failed, I'm changing all the settings but the signal is no longer there :(

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #13 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 21:39

Yes I should be able but it doesn't work. :)  That's why I was thinking that I have perhaps no access to it.

No idea, I see quite a few accounts for "random" users.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #14 boldherri

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 21:59

Guys, I had these settings before the update, because now the channels are not seen anymore?

https://imgur.com/a/ewhAOi8

what happened? why do not you look for the channels anymore?

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #15 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:06

I have no clue what you mean.

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #16 boldherri

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:11

I have no clue what you mean.

no channel is seen anymore, it tells me a failed syntony on all channel,I have no more signal,

and then you also removed loop through?

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #17 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:22

We haven't removed anything, some menu items have moved to a more logical locations, but a tuner confguration screen is not a menu?

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #18 boldherri

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:30

We haven't removed anything, some menu items have moved to a more logical locations, but a tuner confguration screen is not a menu?

Yes, the menù is all ok, after the update I no longer have the signal from the dish, the settings I had before no longer work, I'm changing the settings but the signal is no longer, I do not understand why there is no more signal

and then after I change the settings and save me the wheel is still running and I have to restart the decoder

this time you messed up, i sorry

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #19 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,312 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:38

As long as nobody has the same problem, my bet is you have a problem, and not us.  If there was a bug that caused reception of fail, everyone would complain?

Re: New menu structure in 6.2 #20 boldherri

• 27 posts

Neutral

Posted 27 April 2018 - 22:44

As long as nobody has the same problem, my bet is you have a problem, and not us.  If there was a bug that caused reception of fail, everyone would complain?

I know only one thing, after the update there is no longer the signal, the configuration of the tuner I had before now no longer goes and I do not think it is my dish or my tuner,

with the screen of the settings that I posted before because after the update on all channels there is no signal?

now I load my backup and I want to see if everything comes back as before and then I'll let you know

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users