Remote control issue after upgrade

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 majicm

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 14 May 2018 - 17:15

Hi

Just upgraded to latest and now I'm finding my remote doesn't seem to work propely!

I'm running a VU+ Uno, and have been running fine since OpenPLI 4.x.

Any suggestions please to get back up running?  What on earth has happened?

Many thanks!

Re: Remote control issue after upgrade #2 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,309 posts

+1,719
Excellent

Posted 14 May 2018 - 20:22

How did you upgrade?

The Uno has only 128MB memory is available, so you can only flash 6.x releases, you can't upgrade, due to lack of space available in flash.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Remote control issue after upgrade #3 majicm

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 15 May 2018 - 08:37

I flashed it via USB, done it twice now.

It seems when the box starts up, when I press a key on the remote the first 2 keys work but after that only seems like numbers work.

Re: Remote control issue after upgrade #4 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:18

Did you check the remote control batteries?

This sounds to me like a behaviour when batteries are low.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Remote control issue after upgrade #5 majicm

• 3 posts

Neutral

Posted 16 May 2018 - 09:42

Did you check the remote control batteries?

This sounds to me like a behaviour when batteries are low.

First thing I did was change batteries, although it worked fine the previous day on 6.1

Anyway, just came on to say I have resolved it thanks.  It appears as though one of the buttons on the front of the STB had been stuck in slightly which explains why the volume went straight to 0 by itself!

Must have been a combination of muck and it someone putting something in front of the STB.

After going back to 6.1 then 4 I knew it couldn't be s/w related, but I'm back on 6.2 and happy again now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users