need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #21 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 10:54

And after the reboot does the screen is still configured like you did or do you still have to launch again overscan wizard?

Yea its the same , need to go under overscan wizard say no/no/ok/save

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #22 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:27

Can you perform in telnet the command:

ls -Fal /etc/enigma2/settings
Just to check the access right on the file /etc/enigma2/settings

Which should be something like
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          6686 May 16 22:03 /etc/enigma2/settings
You can also check it from FTP client like FileZilla and the chmod should be 644.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:40

The rights shouldn't really matter, enigma runs as root.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #24 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:55

While all this discussion goes on, why don‘t you tell us the TV make and model ... there are plenty of apps around to control a TV so if we know which TV then maybe we can sort out the root cause and give you a better picture without overscan?

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:
------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
.........DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W)

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches
Zgemma H9twin & Zgemma H9 C/S mode into Giga4K

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #25 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:57

While that may solve the viewing problem, it does not solve the underlying problem of Enigma not setting/saving/remembering the values set.

If that is a bug, we need to know it and fix it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #26 littlesat

• PLi® Core member
  • 56,270 posts

+691
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:06

Again... Could it be the flash is full... so the setting file cannot be overwritten????

Show a df of your box...

Edited by littlesat, 17 May 2018 - 12:07.

WaveFrontier 28.2E | 23.5E | 19.2E | 16E | 13E | 10/9E | 7E | 5E | 1W | 4/5W | 15W

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:20

That is a possibility.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #28 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:21

Can you perform in telnet the command:

ls -Fal /etc/enigma2/settings
Just to check the access right on the file /etc/enigma2/settings

Which should be something like
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          6686 May 16 22:03 /etc/enigma2/settings
You can also check it from FTP client like FileZilla and the chmod should be 644.

Pr2

root@vuduo2:~# df                                                     
Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on    
ubi0:rootfs             882968    171208    711760  19% /             
devtmpfs                704232         4    704228   0% /dev          
tmpfs                       64         0        64   0% /media        
tmpfs                   704356     36248    668108   5% /var/volatile
/dev/sda1            976559616 138341888 837169152  14% /media/hdd  

it is ok , it is 644

My TV  is setup as 16/9 since i get it 4 years ago.

My tv is a samsung UE55F7000

Edited by blunt, 17 May 2018 - 12:22.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #29 Trial

• 1,127 posts

+34
Good

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:38

Hi, even though it does not help find the error but 16:9 was overscan enabled on all of my 6 Samsung. In German the setting without overscan is called Bildanpassung. In english it should be Menu / Picture / Picture Options / Size / Screen Fit (instead of 16:9). Ralf

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #30 mrvica

• 1,227 posts

+81
Good

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:39

does this happen only with fullhd skins, try a hd skin just for testing purposes

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #31 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 12:48

Hi, even though it does not help find the error but 16:9 was overscan enabled on all of my 6 Samsung. In German the setting without overscan is called Bildanpassung. In english it should be Menu / Picture / Picture Options / Size / Screen Fit (instead of 16:9). Ralf

the osd setting are saved correctly if you change it too , i checked it also

let me check this and reboot -> need to redo overscan setting in overscan wizard cause screen was fucked up , i rebooted and it works now

really weird cause i need to change all those tv setting i did not change for years ... and my old osd setting  did openpli4.0 untill 6.2rc without any shit :)

thanks guy for you help

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #32 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 13:14

So to summarised: you finally decide to change the overscan settings in your TV setup to fix this issue?
By the way, if you did so, it is the better approach since now you will enjoy your TV screen entirely.

But this still doesn't explain why you need to restart overscan wizard each time since the settings are properly saved.
Perhaps an USB flash with a clean OpenPLi image would have done it instead of upgrading.

But I had just another question for you: did you use the autoresolution plugin?

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #33 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 13:41

And after the reboot does the screen is still configured like you did or do you still have to launch again overscan wizard?

well with the "fit to screen" option on my samsung tv its ok after a reboot , but i have a black border up , and i can not change it in the overscan wizard :( because the value can not change

so i am back with the 16/9 option and do a overscan wizard after each reboot

kinda weird behaviour

Edited by blunt, 17 May 2018 - 13:42.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #34 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 13:46

So to summarised: you finally decide to change the overscan settings in your TV setup to fix this issue? yes but i cancelled it since i have this up blackborders that i can  not hide
By the way, if you did so, it is the better approach since now you will enjoy your TV screen entirely.->nope di not see any change

But this still doesn't explain why you need to restart overscan wizard each time since the settings are properly saved.
Perhaps an USB flash with a clean OpenPLi image would have done it instead of upgrading.-> i did a flash from download menu

But I had just another question for you: did you use the autoresolution plugin? hmm no

im flashing again the last build from the download menu in 6.2 without saving

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #35 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:12

well with the "fit to screen" option on my samsung tv its ok after a reboot , but i have a black border up , and i can not change it in the overscan wizard :( because the value can not change
kinda weird behaviour
Did you get a black border on all channels (like BBC1 HD for example?) or just some channels? .. and was the black border all the way around?

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:

Octagon sf8008, AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo using Legacy ports on multiswitches

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #36 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:16

kinda weird behaviour
Did you get a black border on all channels (like BBC1 HD for example?) or just some channels? .. and was the black border all the way around?

Not all channels only some, i am under cable

so for now i did a new flash and seems now the settings of the overscan are reloaded at each reboot ( vu+ and openpli)

I wish i could do "fit to screen" option but on some channels it doesnt fit to screen because of stupids black borders up mostly and right and left sometimes , it depends on channels

so i am good for 16/9 and have an overscan set up

could i have a real "fit to screen" option and a cable network without black borders?

Edited by blunt, 17 May 2018 - 14:19.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #37 twol

• 444 posts

+15
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:43

kinda weird behaviour

Not all channels only some, i am under cable

so for now i did a new flash and seems now the settings of the overscan are reloaded at each reboot ( vu+ and openpli)

I wish i could do "fit to screen" option but on some channels it doesnt fit to screen because of stupids black borders up mostly and right and left sometimes , it depends on channels

so i am good for 16/9 and have an overscan set up

could i have a real "fit to screen" option and a cable network without black borders?

It certainly, should work fine, but ....... in numerous discussions on another forum, it can (apparently) depend on the service and to some the limited setup capabilities of  the TV (Samsung being the biggest culprit).

I am both lucky and unlucky, having Panasonic TV's with options that handle Overscan  (with my setups) and an (expensive) 4K monitor where I am forced to use the Sat receiver to handle overscan, but as the latter is mainly used for testing and viewing in my office, I can live with the issue.

Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
.........FBC Tuners:

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #38 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:44

Hi,

Have you checked the parameters in: Parameters > System > A/V Settings > A/V Parameters

There you defined the TV output and also the behaviour of OpenPLi for 4:3 and > 16:9 format.

Pr2

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #39 blunt

• 159 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:48

Hi,

Have you checked the parameters in: Parameters > System > A/V Settings > A/V Parameters

There you defined the TV output and also the behaviour of OpenPLi for 4:3 and > 16:9 format.

Pr2

Attached Files

Edited by blunt, 17 May 2018 - 14:48.

Re: need to re-do overscan after every updates after 6.2 #40 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2018 - 14:54

Hi,

Perhaps try to fix the refresh rate to 50 Hz.
Other parameters are same as mine.

Which cable provider are you using?
And can you mention a channel name where you have this black border problem?

Pr2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users