• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #21 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2018 - 15:05

No so sure, there is a ping that is performed by the box towards openpli.org and also towards google.com but I don't know which process and why the boxes are doing this.

But except a ping they should not have bandwidth consumption except if you decide to port forward to access your box from the internet and some smart people are using you box against your will.

That ping only happens in the network setup, to verify if your settings are correct. It pings an IP and two DNS names to verify IP and DNS connectivity. Similarly, if you choose to update or flash an image, network activity happens.

What I meant was that there is NO process in OpenPLi that requires network activity, there is nothing running in the background that requires it, that constantly checks something, etc. No "Phone Home" feature in the code either. ;)

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Many answers to your question can be found in our new and improved wiki.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #22 yusat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 18 May 2018 - 15:25

I'll check on it tomorrow,

set busy now (wife watching shetland)

but there is definitely something.

if i download anything on pc

band is usually in the 1000's

if gigablue is on internet i get only

a few hundreds. I thought maybe

some updates or tv guide.

Cheers again.

yusat :)

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #23 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 18 May 2018 - 17:40

If you  have your box on the internet opened up on the internet (password or not), chances are your box is now part of an IPTV network...

For EPG updates you need to have the EPGimport plugin installed and activated yourself. Same with a softcam of some sort. As I said, there is nothing in OpenPLi that connects to something on the internet without the user initiating it.

Currently in use: VU+ Duo 4K (2xFBC S2), VU+ Solo 4K (1xFBC S2), uClan Usytm 4K Pro (S2+T2), Octagon SF8008 (S2+T2), Zgemma H9.2H (S2+T2)

Due to my bad health, I will not be very active at times and may be slow to respond. I will not read the forum or PM on a regular basis.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #24 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 18 May 2018 - 19:08

Hi everybody,

I have a Vu+ Duo2 with 2x DVB-S2 Dual tuner, BisTV card 6.0 and Pcmcia Smit Secure ACS 5.0 cam.

When I record 1 channel, other channels of the same provider are black.

I would like to ask you to integrate the possibility to record multiple channels as I had on my "old" Topfield receiver.

It seems that normally, and most of all with a 2x dual tuner, I can have multiple channels recording and watching at the same time.

Thanks for the help.

Greetings.

Ray

If a softcam is also enabled at the same time there could be a conflict in the way of decoding routing.

Regards, Jork

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #25 Raybobo

• 192 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2018 - 08:13

So, tried just now without any softcam. When recording on 1 transponder, I can watch another channel only if on the same transponder. The tuner switch on a free one, that's right, but the Cam remain blocked on the transponder of the recorded channel.

Tried with Smit Secure dual ACS 3.0 and with Smit Secure ORCA dual ACS 5.0, both give me the same result.

Tried too to check in the Cam configuration, multiple service and high bitrate enabled.

This is not "normal" upon my advice. As already said, on other receiver this works. I think that it's a function to correct or in the OpenPli or in the Duo+ itself...

Edited by Raybobo, 19 May 2018 - 08:14.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #26 Jork

• 755 posts

+13
Neutral

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:12

I don't have the skills with this issue.

But anyway you also should be aware of the fact that if you have Openwebif and or streaming to another STB turned on.

That they  will occupy the second tuner which could otherwise be needed for this multiple transponder decoding.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #27 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 10:49

I can reproduce this with the M7 Orca module (Neotion), I have tried OpenPLi 4 but it does the same, so if this is an OpenPLi issue, it's been there for many years.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #28 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:22

Can someone with this problem and a VU+ box flash the original factory image, and check if they also have this problem.

If so, it is a generic Enigma issue, if not, it is something that has been introduced along the way, as the VU+ image is not OpenPLi based but DMM based.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #29 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:24

So, tried just now without any softcam. When recording on 1 transponder, I can watch another channel only if on the same transponder. The tuner switch on a free one, that's right, but the Cam remain blocked on the transponder of the recorded channel.

Tried with Smit Secure dual ACS 3.0 and with Smit Secure ORCA dual ACS 5.0, both give me the same result.

Tried too to check in the Cam configuration, multiple service and high bitrate enabled.

This is not "normal" upon my advice. As already said, on other receiver this works. I think that it's a function to correct or in the OpenPli or in the Duo+ itself...

According to this website https://aervi-boutiq...CIA-SMIT-Secure the CAM can only decode 2 channels on the same transponder.

Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #30 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 11:30

Indeed. An that is not related to the original issue in this topic.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #31 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,074 posts

+257
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:30

A Dual decoding CAM is to decode 2 channels on the same transponder, so this is normal according to me.

If you have a non Dual CAM then you are forced to watch what you are recording.

As already mentioned earlier, OpenPLi doesn't have a mechanism to combine different services from different transponder to be sent to a CAM.

So the behaviour that you have is normal, today, on an STB running OpenPLi. You can decode 2 channels from the same transponder and this is working.

The other receivers where you claims it is working are probably not Enigma2 based but use a proprietary firmware which has perhaps more CAM tweaking capabilities.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #32 yusat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2018 - 16:25

Hello again, ping test ok

broadband better today

will keep watching

Cheers

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #33 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 16:55

Not sure what that has to do with this topic?

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #34 yusat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2018 - 17:02

sorry we talked yesterday about high broadband use here,

on the topic, seems to me from experience some receivers

decode 2 channels or more (topfield) others need a better

multiple descrambler module.

Cheers

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #35 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 19 May 2018 - 17:59

Broadband use is simple to check.

Login on the box, and do issue the command "netstat -tn". So you can see exactly which connections are open. If you see unknown IP adresses, chances are you're hacked.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #36 yusat

• 10 posts

Neutral

Posted 19 May 2018 - 19:00

Thanks, i'll try that but my connection

is better today.

cheers,

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #37 Raybobo

• 192 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 22 May 2018 - 08:18

Ok, back to the original subject of this topic:

I can record and watch another channel ONLY if on the same transponder. If on another one, screen is black.

I have try too to record the "black" channel, thinking that maybe it was recorded scrambled, but, nope, record is black too!

This was not like this with my Topfield.

So what is the way to have the function implemented or in the Vu or in the OpenPli in order to use the power of this receiver and this cam?

Thanks for the help.

LG Oled C9

Vu+Duo4KSe

Yamaha 5.1 system

Qnap NAS 2Tb

1 wife

2 childs

2 dogs

4 cats :D

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #38 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:28

I can confirm that.

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #39 betacentauri

• PLi® Core member
  • 7,185 posts

+323
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2018 - 16:13

It’s not an easy fix. The CAM can, as written above, only decode 2 channels from the same transponder. The only way to trick it would be to remux 2 streams from different transponders so that for the cam it looks like they are coming from one transponder. Afaik only very few boxes can do this. And afaik no e2 box at the moment.
Xtrend ET-9200, ET-8000, ET-10000, OpenPliPC on Ubuntu 12.04

Re: Multiple recording on Viaccess #40 WanWizard

• PLi® Core member
  • 68,588 posts

+1,738
Excellent

Posted 22 May 2018 - 17:49

I can confirm that.

Looks like I misinterpreted the remark.

The problem with the Neotion Viaccess module is that you can start a recording, zap to another channel on the same transponder and view that channel, zap to a third channel on the same transponder and have a black screen. All other channels on that same transponder remain black to, until you stop the recording and zap away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users