• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 trishulc

• 111 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 28 May 2018 - 11:25

Hi,

I have issues with vu+ duo box would you know why whilst watching tv the picture just turns off sometimes or when waking box from sleep it never shows picture it will say no signal from hdmi 1 so i have to keep turning it on and off sleep and just get lucky when picture comes on. I have tried another tv and hdmi cable but same issue.

Thanks

Re: Picture on box goes off. #2 Dimmie

• 2,338 posts

+33
Good

Posted 28 May 2018 - 13:16

Try other box  :P  :D

Re: Picture on box goes off. #3 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 28 May 2018 - 13:29

Hi,

You need to fine tune your HDMI CEC setup to find the best parameters that will work with your A/V setup at home.

There is no universal value that will work fine on every possible setup.

Some TVs have a feature that will hide the screen but keep audio when they don't detect any movement in from of the screen.

Pr2

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

Sat: Hotbird 13.0E, Astra 19.2E, Eutelsat5A 5.0W
VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

AB-Com: PULSe 4K 1*DVB-S2X (+ DVB-C/T/T2)
Edision OS Mio 4K: 1*DVB-S2X + 1*DVB-C/T/T2

Re: Picture on box goes off. #4 trishulc

• 111 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 31 May 2018 - 21:20

ok but y would it be happening all of a sudden i have been using same box,hdmi and tv for 5 years now. so it cant be any settings right?

when picture turns off sound does as well. like as if there is no hdmi connected.

Edited by trishulc, 31 May 2018 - 21:21.

Re: Picture on box goes off. #5 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 1 June 2018 - 10:10

Sounds then like a hardware failure when the box is "hot" give a look at the power supply capacitors.

NO SUPPORT by PM, it is a forum make your question public so everybody can benefit from the question/answer.
If you think that my answer helps you, you can press the up arrow in bottom right of the answer.

Wanna help with OpenPLi Translation? Please read our Wiki Information for translators

VU+ Solo 4K: 2*DVB-S2 + 2*DVB-C/T/T2 (used in DVB-C) & Duo 4K: 2*DVB-S2X + DVB-C (FBC)

Re: Picture on box goes off. #6 trishulc

• 111 posts

+1
Neutral

Posted 2 June 2018 - 20:43

Looks fine to me. Any other suggestions please. This issue is really annoying now as when box is in standby and then i wake it up it doesnt detect hdmi after trying several times. Please help

Re: Picture on box goes off. #7 Pr2

• PLi® Contributor
  • 6,046 posts

+256
Excellent

Posted 3 June 2018 - 07:30

Capacitors problem when they became hot and this can cause some strange behaviours.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users